The FA to ban the Star of David; pro-Catalan yellow ribbons

>Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is annoying many Spaniards by wearing a pro-Catalan yellow ribbon, the head of the English Football Association said, highlighting the need to be tough on keeping political symbols out of soccer.
>The FA’s CEO, Martin Glenn, also said “we don’t want” religious symbols being displayed by teams, including the Star of David. The symbol of Judaism is the main component of the Israeli flag.
>Glenn succeeded last year in persuading soccer’s lawmaking body, The International Football Association Board, to change the statutes to ensure poppies commemorating Britain’s war dead were allowed on England jerseys and no longer flouted regulations banning political, religious or personal symbols on kits and in stadiums.
>Glenn defended the FA’s decision to charge Guardiola for wearing a yellow ribbon at games, claiming it cannot be compared to the poppy. Guardiola, a former Barcelona player and coach, wears a yellow ribbon in support of Catalan politicians who were jailed or went into exile after a secession bid in October when an independence referendum banned by Madrid authorities was held.
>“To be honest, and to be very clear, Pep Guardiola’s yellow ribbon is a political symbol, it’s a symbol of Catalan independence, and I can tell you there are many more Spaniards, non-Catalans, who are (expletive) off by it,” Glenn told reporters after an IFAB meeting.
>“All we are doing is even-handedly applying the laws of the game. Poppies are not political symbols. That yellow ribbon is. Where do you draw the line?”
>Glenn referenced the right-wing, euroskeptic U.K. Independence Party and the Islamic State group.
>“Should we have someone with a UKIP badge, someone with an ISIS badge? That’s why you have to be pretty tough that local, regional, national party organizations cannot use football shirts to represent them,” Glenn said.

apnews.com/3dc8cf79ede44c14889c02e9f0fda0c6

Equating UKIP to ISIS tells you all you need to know about this lefty cunt

why do English people give a fuck about Spanish independence?

He's right

about time

Pep is a hypocrite who only counts the "oppressed" as middle class Catalans who don't want to pay taxes

being non-political means you have to ban all signs, not only the ones you don't 100% like

>'the poppies are not political symbols'
>sales of the poppies go to fund the UK armed forces

Britcucks usually tend to frown upon smaller nations seeking independence.

>the legitimate anger
Get over it, potato nigger.

if they still allow free "palestine" shit, this is bullshit

ban it all or ban nothing

im ok with this if they also ban those poppy faggots

That will be the real test, yeah. Banning the Star of David is very short-sighted.

>who are (expletive) off by it
>(expletive)
Really now?

So this is the power of Great Britain?
Bending over for Spaniards because they're upset?
What a bunch of pussies

>the absolute state of soybongs

The goyim will pay for this blatant anti-semitism.

Ok. But who is going to make Pep take it off?

Yeah he's fucked after these comments.

And Guardiola is a fucking hypocrite just like the FA. They both jumped into bed with Qatar and support their World Cup for £££££.

As usual none of these cowards put their money where their mouths are

YES MASTER, BAN THE JEW NO PROBLEM

>Pep should give a fuck about mudslimes and not what he actually cares about
sjw pls, no one cares if your cousins are slaves in qatar

thank you, declan

Tell me, what's actually wrong about keeping obnoxious politics out of sport? Don't give me some
>if you ban x you have to ban y
bullshit because some things are far more prevalent, noticeable, and obnoxious than others.

>fantastic news, the Star of David is a hate symbol to our islamic brothers and must be abolished. Also winter breaks are now mandatory with all premier league teams to take warm weather training in Qatar; greatest country on Earth

Are they going to ban the crescent and star from the Besiktas crest if they ever play and English team?

Listen mutt, just because you are still an edgy teenager who is happy to see people enslaved and literally worked to death doesn't mean normal people are

depends how much Qatar pays them

He probably wouldn't get away with this now, would he?

Would you side with an arab or a jew, Sup Forums 2.0?

>posting haram

>political = religious
>political = using your nation's flag and team crest
goodness you're all fucking idiots

guardiola has paid more taxes in spain than all the generations of your lazy mooching family put together

>being so cucked by Arab Prince shekels you don't even realize how cucked you actually are and you end up defending Qataris while trying to be apathetic

Y I K E S

or you know.. Portsmouth's logo

>durr the status quo and center are good actually
>durr radical ideas are necessarily bad because I personally am okay for right now and don't want to think about things

inb4 he kills himself

>implying that's what the Arabs want

This isn't complicated

>amerifat talking about others being cucked by arabs
lmao your country is literally controlled by them

What the fuck are you even babbling about? Use proper, coherent sentences.

you don't have to side with either the (((oppressed))) or Arabshits

Political statements are okay; religious ones are not :^)

I meant in general, nigger

then Jewsrael honestly
at least they marginally accept democracy

although if they offered me a few million like they gave the FA suits, i would probably change my mind

>“To be honest, and to be very clear, Pep Guardiola’s yellow ribbon is a political symbol, it’s a symbol of Catalan independence,
no sweetie
>and I can tell you there are many more Spaniards, non-Catalans, who are (expletive) off by it,” Glenn told reporters after an IFAB meeting
oh surprise

Israel.
Arabs unironically are the mutt race

90% of israelfags look exactly like their neighbour countries

Berber mutts look much worse though

Its a political symbol and so is the poppy.

Moors have no grounds to start giving israelis shit

>a paki with an opinion
lmao

It is statistically more likely that I'm a white and you are not

Shut the fuck up, Manolo.

disgusting francoist swine

>#Breaking FA chief executive Martin Glenn apologises for comments made about the Star of David when discussing political and religious symbols in football, saying in a statement: “I will be speaking with the Jewish Leadership Council and to Kick It Out to personally apologise.”

>*phonecall*
>FA Chairman Greg Clarke announces the public sacking of Martin Glenn and fully believes arabs, especially of the Qatar Oil Tribe, are fully superior to jewish rats.

This is bullshit. If someone wants to express a political opinion, they have the right to do so.

Greg Clarke certainly agrees and the deal with Qatar is a fantastic move for the FA
*pockets brown envelope*
*flashes new rolex*

they can do so outside of sports. i dont want fucking religion or race or politics or any of that shit in football they can do it on their own time. if we allow that shit we will become amerikneels where all anyone talks about is the politics and not the actual football

>can't wear 2 inch religious symbol on sleeve
>but can wear footlong tattoo of said religious symbol on arm
very nice

it's a fucking ribbon you faggot. not intrusive at all

How about a ribbon of the same size with 'I hate white people' printed on it? I'm asking the wrong person clearly as you'd love that.

how about you stay in reality instead of making retarded imaginary scenarios? fokin mong lol

Faggots

@82059023
I was talking to a white person, don't address me again subhuman.

The rule of thumb is: it's fine if I agree with it

just accept you got BTFO and move on

Seems that way. Luckily though, people can cry all they want but they will still be banned.

The Easter Rising logo on the Irish shirts was pretty much that and it was banned, so it does seem like there's precedent

You're right because it starts somewhere. Look at the shitshow that is American sports. It's like an old circus sideshow.

Its not pro catalan ribbon its in favour of due process
The jordies and jonqueras are in prison without trial

Every national flag/symbol is political, singing the british anthem in the carling cup is political
Prove me wrong

How are poppies not political? They represent the death of british soldiers protecting the british empire

Are they going to ban english flags cause they are christian?

>I can tell you there are many more Spaniards, non-Catalans, who are (expletive) off by it,

Assistant Manager Arteta and vice-captain David Silva, neither of which are Catalan, seem to be alright with it. So if the Spaniards how are directly working with Pep don't have an issue with it then who gives a shit what the other Spanish players think.

Will they ban salah for making political celebrations?
Inb4 religion is not politic
Yes it is
Islam is basically arab expansionism and its a political ideology

OY VEY

>caring about your own people more than other peoples is "hypocritical"
KILL YOURSELF

Castillans are retarded m8

>ORDER ORDER, I ANNOUNCE LORD SUGAR
>yes thank you. Id like to propose the return of capital punishment and first up for the block to be that racist piece of shit Martin Glenn

don't try to understand spanish hate
>a catalan caring about catalans is wrong
this is what happens when you are fed hate against catalans (or whoever) on daily basis since you are a kid

How about freedom of speech and leting everyone wave whatever the flah they want be it isis, usa, catalan independentist, fascist, soviet union or nazi and let the people form their own opinions?
Maybe not cause that would hurt ratings and the sponors would lose shekels right?

>It's a Jews play the victim card (((news))) "story"

This is highly originally. The sooner Israel attacks Iran and gets itself BTFO the better.
I love the goys in these threads that defend muh Jews and muh Israel

>"DUDE WE FUCKING WON THE WAR! THOSE POOR JEWS! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THEY HAVE TO PUT UP WITH STILL!"
>Meanwhile Israel remains an ethnostate that picks and chooses which rules to follow while the rest of the West has to accept (((multicultural))) rape gangs acting with impunity, having more and more freedom taken away, and has to accept that being blown up is just part and parcel

Prove to me right now that the unironic good side won the war. Protip: You can't.
When the DOTR comes, because it will, and you're being dragged from your houses, begging for your life, and pleading that you were just being a good goy, I won't try to help you. In fact I'll request that you be executed in front of your family. True, it's still way more than you deserve, but I'm sure there'll be time constraints because it's not like there's only one or two of you cucks.

It's just the one Spaniard with 30 posts because he's upset about his movement being dead in the water, right?

>(((Sugar)))

Did he buy his "Lord" title like the (((Rothschilds))) did?

Yeah they are, and it's ever(((green))) when it comes to them, but banning the Star of David when it's the key part of the flag of a UEFA member is a strange move. I don't really even mean it in an anti-Palestine way either like you'll take it, but it's just a dumb thing for the head of the FA to say.

I guess so. He even went on a little run of 4 posts in a row. He really is sperging hard.

there's at least 3

The FA Cup is sponsored by a foreign dictatorship and this guy wants to complain about ribbons?

Is this pasta I'm not arsed to go on 4plebs

if catalan independentism is dead on the water that's only because more than half the people of catalonia are migrants from the rest of the spain or from other nationalities that don't care
when england becomes half muslim you will then understand our plight

I hate everyone that isn't me or my dog

As little as I know about it, isn't it primarily dead because it has no recognition from the rest of Spain rather than respect within Catalonia? You kind of need both.

spain is a bankrupted nation with no intention of even do little reforms and they need all the gibs they can have
the former president of catalonia only wanted to give less money and more compromise on building infrastructures wich would then benefit both catalonia and spain but a spain prefers a poorer catalonia than a richer spain
the independentism was just the final demand to make them negotiate but the EU has give them green light to crush us
The ruling party in spain only has 4% of the catalan parliament

>if catalan independentism is dead on the water that's only because
you can't expect to create a new country by simply asking nicely

impyling that was the first demand

more like you can't expect to ask spain anyting nicely

true, but you already knew that before asking

Correct answer is neither

start blowing shit up like ETA then you cowards

oh right, catalans are little bitches who have it good and just like to moan all the time

get fucked kikes

>start blowing shit up like ETA then you cowards
if we did just 1% of what ETA did there would be tanks on the street
you treat us diferently

Never knew the English were such cowards
Imagine being afraid of Spain and bending to what they want so they won't be upset LOLOL
Didn't know Pep was triggering so many of these lazy shitskins in that shit country
Based Pep

Reminder that Europeans are literally Africans with smartphones.

>Funding Her Majesty's forces is a political statement.
>Respecting The fallen is a political statement

Fuck off Saoirse