Do adults eat fruits and vegetables in your country?

do adults eat fruits and vegetables in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

oxfam.org/en/pressroom/pressreleases/2014-01-15/dutch-beat-french-and-swiss-top-oxfams-new-global-food-table
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Apparently not

I'm a vegetarian, so I eat them every day. I never developed much of a taste for fruit beyond apples and other such things, though

Fruits are fucking cancer and as bad as candy bars

I eat nothing but veges, fish, and dairy products

>Fruits are fucking cancer and as bad as candy bars

I agree with you on fruit juice being marketed as "healthy" (it's just sugar) but some fruits are full of good nutrients

The sugar is a trade-off, though, no doubt

I'm both lazy and busy, so I make a big lentil soup on Sunday night and fill it with all kinds of organic veggies, then eat it throughout the week

>dude fruits are 1000% sugar but atleast they got them some vitamin C's and D's!

Just take fucking supps

I don't know of any recipes that incorporate vegetables, and don't want to do that lazy housewife-tier, "I put a bunch of green leafy stuff in a bowl, praise me!"

How is anyone supposed to learn nutrition in a world where everyone is trying to sell you shit, morons flock to expensive fads, and scientist discovers vital Vitamin AB^{-} that no one's ever heard of or actually needs

Fruit juice is much worse because the fiber in fruit prevents you from absorbing as much of the sugar content. Drinking juice causes all the sugar to hit you full-blast.

>I don't know of any recipes that incorporate vegetables

Dude, literally just put veges in a bowl of water and microwave them for 10 minutes. There you go, you've got yourself steamed veges

Also, you CAN eat them raw, there's no law that says you can't

>I don't know of any recipes that incorporate vegetables
Enjoy using a motor scooter and having an amputated leg by the age of 45.

Jesus fucking Christ get it together man

You're an adult human being, you need to eat vegetables

Fucking fat flyover fucks

if you dont eat your vegies you will get bowel cancer, not diabetes

Also,
>How is anyone supposed to learn nutrition in a world where everyone is trying to sell you shit

LOOK AT THE NUTRITION LABEL PRINTED ON EVERY. FUCKING. ITEM. SOLD IN EXISTENCE

I guess so

I have a lot fewer canker sores since I cut down on eating these. It was probably the salt+acidic sauce. However, I do have a painful sore in my mouth now, but that was because I bit my gum.

You do realize that's food that lazy parents feed fat children, right? You might as well eat baby food

Thought we'd be higher tbqh

French cuisine kinda sucks if you're a vegetarian to be frank

I read a cookbook of authentic recipes from the French countryside and it was mostly weird/disgusting stuff. No idea how French cuisine gets the reputation it does.

>2017
>Still eating carbs

Enjoy your cancer and total inability to lose weight

What did you think was disgusting ?
Tried a hyper proteinic/carbs free diet this summer and lost 10kg in a month while not being really physically active, I dont understand why decreasing the consumption in those kinds of products isnt a common idea in the minds of people to be healthier.

Lamb brains and snails and weird combinations of roots and entrails and shit. I'll pass.

>combinations of roots
what

Because people don't educate themselves in nutrition to understand it. They buy into health fads and pop-diets and whatever garbage gets fed into them through the media and corporations and whatnot. They don't understand that they need to learn it at a base level to effectively control it.

>"What does my body use for energy? Glycogen! What does my body use for energy when there is no glycogen? Fat! What replenishes my glycogen stores? Carbs! So what do I need to do? Cut out carbs!"

But some people are total fucking brick walls when it comes to this shit though and they will never, EVER learn.

I agree with the lamb brain, snails are really good, roots are a common ingredient everywhere in the worldand i never understand the disgust some people have for tripes, its just another part of the animal.

our cuisine cultures always serve both vegetable, fruit, and meat at the same time

Brains are banned for human consumption in the US, you can't buy them anyway unless you know some Amish guys.

>Because people don't educate themselves in nutrition to understand it. They buy into health fads and pop-diets and whatever garbage gets fed into them through the media and corporations and whatnot. They don't understand that they need to learn it at a base level to effectively control it.
It seems to me that it's mostly women who buy into this shit and are more likely to be swayed by packaging.

It's so helpful to know that my spaghetti contains folic acid.
All of you holier-than-thou faggots need to get it together. None of you understand nutrition any better than I do.

Do any of you have any quantitative evidence as to what would happen if you completely removed some vitamin like B1-B12 from your diet?
Do you even know how much vitamins and minerals you actually absorb from ``microwaved vegetable medley'', and how much of that just gets pissed out? Have you ever even thought about this subject?

Have any of you considered that, as the OP picture implies, 9 out of 10 Americans evidently don't get 100% of their daily value in ``everything'', yet a vitamin deficiency epidemic isn't highly publicized in research journals?

Are you all seriously trying to tell me that every single one of you gets their 100% daily value of ``everything'', whatever that means, while staying within acceptable calorie ranges for your height, age, and level of activity?

You all have a vital misunderstanding of nutrition. You think ``eat green things makes you healthy'', but you're only at the first step, deluding yourselves into believing that you eat right.

None of you understand the first thing about your own body, yet you jumped at the chance to insult someone. Stay classy, brainlets.

You need fiber to keep yourself flushed out. Not getting enough fiber will result in you being constipated all the time.

It's not hard. Just stop drinking 20 Sprites and eating 30 bags of Oreos and Doritos a day, fatty.

It's not surprising that a brainlet thinks that everyone eats like they do.

>Fruits are fucking cancer and as bad as candy bars

Contrary to popular belief, obesity is not a sign of being overfed, it's a sign of being malnourished.

No idea about the stats of Norway, but it certainly feels like we do.

You all saw that Morgan Spurlock McDonalds documentary where he eats the shit for a month and becomes really sick and lethargic.

>I'm going to eat thousands of calories for every breakfast, lunch, and dinner
>Oh no, I turned into a fat piece of shit!
>What went wrong!?

I thought he suffered from some kind of fatty liver disease thing from eating McDonalds for a month.

I'm sure that happens to every fatass and has nothing to do specifically with burgers and fries.

And make sure to drink lots of water, it keeps you flushed out.

Nutrition really isn't that simple and the bioavailability and breakdown of highly processed vitamins is not the same as what you get from plants.
I'm willing to wager you have no idea what fructose is, let alone how the body generally uses it.

Duh. It's just like those testosterone supplements that Sylvester Stallone plugs. They're not the same thing as your naturally-generated testosterone at all.

I guess they're not working for him either since he said he had no interest in a fifth Rambo movie and his almost 70 year old bones aren't up to the job anymore.

>mostly vegan for a year, occasionally eating fish for B12 and vitD
>one day cave after craving sweets and salty fats
>eat 4 Oreos and half the bag of Cheetos

Immediately I feel sharp throbs in my midsection, moving felt like a chore and my stomach was giving me a lot of shit. "Food" like that is literally poison designed to sicken you. I literally consumed that weekly when I was young. If I could go back in time with the knowledge I have now I'm almost positive I would be 2 inches taller and a much more elite human.

I barely eat any fruits or vegetables. I have like one meal per day which is at night when I come back from work at around 11 and most of the time it's takeout food.

My family do it more than I do.

I got a lot more stomach aches as a kid desu.

Reminds me of these construction workers coming into a convenience store to load up on HFCS-filled iced tea. And you wonder why manual laborers are all in traction by their 50s. Your body can't heal from injuries properly on that diet.

IDK, the most recent case of severe indigestion I got was from eating a parsnip that wasn't cooked all the way through. They have a chemical in them that gives you a stomach ache if it's not fully cooked.

I eat plenty of vegetables. Fuck any fruit that isn't avocado.

only eat bananas other than vegetables

It clearly wasn't doing his gums any favors.

The US and Latin America have traditionally always had higher rates of sugar consumption than Europe due to easy access to sugarcane and thus lower prices for sugar.

My parents are embarrassed that they used to actually eat this.

He’s right, modern fruit is unnaturally sweet as much as candy and thus harmful to health.

Almost everyone eats deep fried banana fritters,jackfruit or tapioca during afternoon tea break or snack after lunch. Might have something to do with us being no.1 SEA obesity.
I also grow durian,papaya,jackfruit,rambutan and mango in my backyard.

>He’s right, modern fruit is unnaturally sweet as much as candy
???

Oh and current trend is to add cheese or sometimes chocolate to all the deep fried stuff like this fried banana.

Fruit has been tampered with by mankind for eons now. You think apples were huge bundles of sugar thousands of years ago?

Original fruits is more fibre but modern day mixed and GE breeds are made to be sweeter with sunlight exposure. Compare cavendish banana to the ones you find in tropical jungle.

What the fuck

>Fruit has been tampered with by mankind for eons now. You think apples were huge bundles of sugar thousands of years ago?
If that was what he meant, he shouldn't have said "modern fruit" because that suggests fruit created by Monsanto in the last 30 years.

>sugar is bad for you
Unused carbohydrates turns to fat and stored in your body for long term energy supply. Same exact thing happens with protein. Energy is energy. Vitamins and minerals have nothing to do with getting energy, but rather help build proteins in your body that you cannot naturally make. You can't live healthy with just three very specific foods.

You need some sugar to live of course, like anything else you will suffer if you take in more than your body is capable of processing/using.

why are people so scared of GMOs? It's like the autism/vaccine craze.

Honestly no unless I'm tricked into it by some crafty hobgoblin

obviously. Too much of anything is bad for you. Claiming sugar is bad for you no matter how much you take is absolutely idiotic. It's like saying carrots will make you blind and turn your skin orange without any context.

The apple in its natural state is a small, sour, green marble, it looks nothing like a Granny Smith.

I don't eat fruits but sucking to veggies.

Going to try and give up chicken this month as I plan on going vegan.

Never really ate beef or pork so this should be interesting.

There's like 4 fruit and vegetable stands in every given neighborhood, so my best guess is that business is good for them in the country.
Personally I buy a bunch of veggies like onions, carrots, potatoes, cucumber and peppers and fruits like apples and bananas, most of it gets spoiled by the end of the week but shit is so ridiculously inexpensive it doesn't really matters.

Mexico is blessed with warm weather and long growing seasons (year-round in the tropical south). In a place like Scandinavia, you get 3-5 month growing seasons and it's too cold for a lot of things.

>Fucking fat flyover fucks
you don't seem to understand where our vegetables are grown, you sugary fruit faggot
>I subsist wholely on Californian nuts and strawberries
nice job paco

>Tried a hyper proteinic/carbs free diet this summer and lost 10kg in a month while not being really physically active
got examples?

cock too

adding to this, your stomach is notoriously awful at determining whether you are hungry or thirsty. most people immediately jump to food when their stomach pangs/grumbles, but often it's just dehydration.

before you snack, drink a glass of water to see if it fixes your stomach

can't you heat some beans at least?

Christ almighty, you guys have it bad.

I honestly don't eat fruits and vegetables because they taste absolutely disgusting raw and only sometimes edible when properly cooked. Stopped eating them when grew old enough to say "no" to my mum when she forced me to eat vegetables. Hjnestly, there is not a single fruit or vegetable that tastes even remotely good, they're all either vomit inducing or are just tasteless.

>you guys
did you somehow miss the rest of the posts in this thread, or are you just a brainlet who mistakes anecdotes for statistical evidence

Enjoy your bowel cancer by 50.

Then again, it's Russia so he probably is hoping for an early exit from his sorry existence. :^)

Why would I want to have a long and unhappy life over a short but moderately enjoyable one?

i ate mostly mushrooms, grains, and vegetables today

It depends on the GMO. Making rice produce more B12? Not a big deal. Making it so that you can dump more round up on a plant when that amount would have killed it before? Not so cool.

>this fallacy
Taking poor care of yourself just means you'll have the body of an 80 year old when you're 60.

so you don't eat tomatoes?

Dutch people eat veggies almost every day.

We dont consider potatoes veggies. So we always mix potatoes with another veggie. Apparently we have the healthiest diet in the world.

I'm about to eat some kale. Here have some OC I just made.

Yes of course
My dad says the old "one apple a day..." and also enjoys dryfruit

50 is basically middle aged nowadays though.

They always say Mediterranean cunts had the healthiest diet in the world, but it could just be marketing invented by some fad diet promoters.

This is a normal Dutch diet.
1. Bread for breakfast
2. Bread for lunch
3. Veggies + mashes potatoes + meat/fish for dinner
Fruit is often eaten after dinner or after the lunch.

The government always campaigns to eat two pieces of fruit a day. We have some propaganda institution that makes commercials about what you should be eating lol.

Because we love bread. And also, we love hearty, sweet and fatty foods so foreigners are always suprised we arent more fat. We have an extensive fast food cuisine, but reality is we tend to eat it on a dedicated day (like friday = fries day).

oxfam.org/en/pressroom/pressreleases/2014-01-15/dutch-beat-french-and-swiss-top-oxfams-new-global-food-table

It's more complicated than that. Not all sugars are equals.
Pure glucose will mess up with your glucagon/insulin blood levels and is extremely bad for you.
If you swallow amidon without chewing, your body will have a hard time using it at all (amylase is in the saliva)

Fructose is harder to process than glucose, but does not raise insulin sensitivity.
Inulin, as a metamere of fructose, is not processed by your body but by the bacteria in your guts. Only then (and after many a fart) can your body use it.

The thing is. Abroad the meat or fish tends to be the main part of the dish.

Here the dish is usually named after the vegetable. And thats the main dish.

they do, they dine on wh*Teoid w*man pussy

In Germany you eat a schnitzel (with potatoes).
In the Netherlands you eat curly kale (with potatoes and meat).

Like someone else said, when you eat fruit, the fiber in it prevents you from absorbing all of the sugar full-blast, whereas drinking juice does do that which is why it's not as good for you as just eating fruit.

>T. 800lb

>Inulin, as a metamere of fructose, is not processed by your body but by the bacteria in your guts. Only then (and after many a fart) can your body use it
This is I think the sugar found in beans, which causes flatulence since it's indigestible and makes its way to the intestines intact, where gut bacteria act on it.

Yes. The large majority of dieting fads/products I've seen are aimed at women.