Is america actually as bizarre as Sup Forums always says?

is america actually as bizarre as Sup Forums always says?
can anybody who has visited america confirm this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Charley
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What do you mean by bizzare?

Yes.

>tfw forgot to pull shoes out of freezer and let thaw before my trip to the car massager

It's a pretty weird place desu

yep

It's really not...

I have visited the Midwest twice, once during the summer period, once during the winter. AMA

the memes are bland compared to the real thing

You have to tip the pilot every time you enter American airspace

Yes, it is

Where did you go in the midwest?

yes everything posted on Sup Forums about america is accurate

To add
Have seen a police car that had totalled (wreck still flaming) into the side of a Wal-Mart with a Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru a few feet away
Have ordered a "small" and been handed a 15" pizza
Have been in the middle of a hurricane that flattened half of the city with the exception of the side of the hotel we were in

Chicago and around Indiana.

No.
Maybe compared to some cultures we're bizarre, but we're no where near as weird as Sup Forums makes us out to be.

You're lucky if you even get a glimpse of the pilot

>Have seen a police car that had totalled (wreck still flaming) into the side of a Wal-Mart with a Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru a few feet away
To be fair that's just a wreck positioning weird.
And also, for the donut thing.
A lot of cops in the USA do it eat it, because they're small, cheap, and easy to eat/put away if they're in a hurry.

>Have ordered a "small" and been handed a 15" pizza
You're not taking into account that most pizza places barely have any difference between a large, medium, and small pizza.

>hurricane
This is either bait, or you're exaggerating.
Even a cat. 5 wouldn't do that.

Why would you go to a city that hasn't been relevant in 40 years?

you know stuffs like amerimutt, ameridumb, amerifat, get shot, american boils their water in microwave and place their shoes in referigerator, the police always eat donut, etc

It was this one
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Charley
Pretty bad at the time I think but it's been outshone by others since

>Why would you go to a city that hasn't been relevant in 40 years?
I spend almost no time in Chicago apart from staying in a hotel for a day and a few restaurants, I spent almost all of my time in Indiana. Pretty state, at least the nice looking areas. Then there's shit like Gary and the nigger ghettos. Oh well, could easily see myself living in a place like Carmel though.

Like I said you're exagerrating
This is a flattened city.

Only an EF5 tornado, or cat 5 hurricane at it's peak could do this kind of damage to an entire city.

They're both immensely rare.

Only 59 EF5's in the USA, and 3 Cat 5 hurricans.

Since they started keeping track

>Pretty state, at least the nice looking areas.
Virginia is better

forget the pic

Obviously my man, but I have high incentive to stay /visit Indiana.

Did you turn into a tatziksicle in winter?

And since I know some Euros will screech that their brick and mortar would protect them..

This is a school after an EF4 touched down, schools are made of brick and mortar.

When I was a little kid there was a hurricane that left the area without electricity for a week.

It's as bizarre as you think, I understand it less every day

dumb? sure i guess, depends on the location
mutt? the area between urban areas and suburbs are full of those
fat? they're definitely fatter in america but it's not like you'll see that many landwhales here
get shot? it happens often in the cities but it's not like you'll just get randomly shot
boil water in microwave? some people do, most people just boil it on the stove
shoes in refrigerator? no, never
police eat donuts? yeah sure, a good amount of them go for donuts for breakfast

Indiana is at the same latitude as Greece is. Northern Greece is considerably colder than Indiana. Then again I'm from coasal southern Greece so the cold was more than I was used to but not intolerable.

Chicago though, Chicago was cold as fuck.

Yankee cities are always colder for some reason

It looks like the brick and mortar part did its job.

It's still standing, even though it's a plain unreinforced brick wall.

Here is an example of a typical greek house.
The blue foam covered parts are reinforced concrete columns and beams.
There slab above and below are 15+cm of reinforced concrete. If your single-layer wall is still standing you understand how much punishment our buildings could take.

I think it's ok too build with drywall and 4x5's, but they are flimsy and vulnerable. Stop pretending they're not.

forgot the pic

It's because of the lake

>I think it's ok too build with drywall and 4x5's, but they are flimsy and vulnerable. Stop pretending they're not.
Nobody does though

I have been in America three times and got shot twice.

I will never go there again.

It is pretty weird sometimes, but starts making sense when you actually realize how big it is.

Especially the midwest and the flyovers

This

I went to portland for a gaming expo.

Within 3 hours of leaving the airport I passed what looked like a possibly dead hobo with a tarp over it on a wheelchair. It was raining and near midnight.

A restaurant and the taxi had pay to use tablets that looked to have options for gambling.

American cash all looks the same and has a weird grit to it that feels dirty (washed my hands so many times).

There was (shady)medical advertising everywhere and a surprising amount of blacks for a state that was so racist that they refused the even own blacks.

No tax. It was nice but weird.

There was a lot of litter.

There were option to tip on just about any non-retail transaction(not on the planes and there was no clapping).

>amerimutt
meme
>ameridumb
depends. ignorant? probably
>get shot
only if you're in a gang or get yourself into trouble
>American boils their water in microwave
that's retarded
>place their shoes in the refrigerator
what
>police eat donut
Yes

all true

my friend doesn't know what radical 4 equals and asked me who saddam and gadaffis are. Alot of the people i know never took physics, biology and chemistry in HS. There are unsafe neiborhood in a city and usually downtown areas are crime ridden shithole with ton of trash. People do microwave water, police eat donaut. shoes in refrigerator is a meme tho.

56% needs to leave

yes, I went to LA and it felt like I was in a grand theft auto game

it was fucking bizarre

What's radical in English? Square root?

kek i live in la, and yes, the key of living here is to not give a fk and dont ask any questions.
funny thing is the friends in question are asian, white and latino. One time my friend told me phones cause radiation and it will give you cancer.

yes. americans would phrase that as "the square root of 4"

yes square root i dont know why i said radical

We only use "square root", "cube root" etc. Never heard "radical" until Americans used the word on Sup Forums

I've never heard anyone here call it "radical of 4"

Reeeeee stop pointing it out I had a brainfart and forgot the term only remember its called the radical symbol

Did you know Americans don't use kettles and microwave their water?

Tbh America only seems strange because it's so different to the rest of the English speaking word. If American English had sufficiently diverged to where it was a separate language then the country wouldn't seem nearly as weird

Now I think of it, I didn't have to apologize, nothing wrong with calling it radical

Wish it did so you jerks wouldn't be able to speak to us

>believing Sup Forums memes
are you all autistic?

A radical can have any prefix, denoting it as the radicand to the power of the prefix's reciprocal.
A radical merely denotes a root operation, not a square root specifically, though we often omit the 2 for square roots (as we often do with things in math) so though one might be inclined to, calling it a radical is mathematically incorrect and ambiguous.