THE BEES ARE DYING

>The Bees are dying
>The greatest agricultural crisis the world has ever seen is within 50 years
Yet here we are. Bitching about feminism and libcucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

lansstyrelsen.se/vastragotaland/SiteCollectionDocuments/Sv/om-lansstyrelsen/vart-uppdrag/projekt/matlandet/rapport_forstodie_biinstitut_2013.pdf
lifeofplant.blogspot.com/2011/03/pheromones.html
wired.com/2013/12/secret-language-of-plants/
arkive.org/giraffe/giraffa-camelopardalis/video-re10a.html
youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5VGVAqgWhg8
vimeo.com/892259
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waggle_dance
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GcKOhNir4o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the left always find these apocalyptic boogeymen while never noticing the guys blowing people up

Except the bees are dying.

Say goodbye to a significant contributer to plant pollination.

Just build your own hive you cuck
My neighbor has three, and my bro in law just built pic related and caught a wild colony
>tfw walking my dogs every morning to see the nice bees pollinating my garden and flowers

Fuckin let em die!

There's too many people on this beautiful planet. We are a cancer that needs to be removed.

Except Islamic Terrorism.

It won't matter if in 50 years the eco-system begins to blow itself up if we're all blown up by Jihad in the meantime.

Silly child.

Maybe because some people started thinking bee losses have been potentially reduced.

>left right thinking

And this They need fodder plants. Not producing honey for you.

Good riddance
I fucking hate honey

>Its literally caused by a couple of pesticides and a bee specific parasite
>When most bees are gone the pesticides will be switched and the parasites will die out due to lack of bees
>Government already has tons of controlled hives, will take less 5 years to repopulate most western countries bee populations
>Only thing it will do is kill in third world countries due to food shortages

Why are american schools this bad?

>only bees can provide pollination
> no other species can step into this niche
truly we are doomed

Nigger you don't understand

These mites come out of nowhere. Once they infest a hive, the hive is as good as dead. They latch onto a bee and make it so his onternal compass is fucked up. The little bee can't find his way back to the hive, and he dies from exposure to the elements. Multiply this scenario by a thousand, and there are no bees left in the hive. Hence, farmers waking up to find abandoned hives.

#BeeLM

Grow some, honey tastes good

>a significant contributer to plant pollination.

Like 80%...
Source: INRA

Pic related shows how chinks can replace bees.

>BEE GENOCIDE

So these mites are niggers?

>super deadly mites come out of nowhere
>infect hives all over the world
>loads of bees die
>but some survive thanks to a mutation making them resistant
>humans breed the resistant bees
>renew the worldwide population in one generation
These days nothing is fatal. Infrastructure is so well-developed, the worst outcome is simply the loss of some money.

>>Government already has tons of controlled hives
Source?

Well, yeah, other species can do it--in China, there are humans who go out and literally dust plants with pollen by hand, for fuck's sake--but bees are more efficient. Expect food prices to rise significantly.
That's not how it works, Abdul.
>50 years
Except this is a problem right now. If it doesn't get solved or at the very least alleviated, we'll be seeimg consequences within the decade. It's like the bats here in New Jersey. A few years back, almost all of our bats died from some weird fungus. That summer, mosquitoes were worse than they'd ever been. It was sudden, and had immediate unforseen consequences.

Semites.

>resistant to a parasite
Without a couple thousand years of evolution, that won't happen. Parasites =/= pesticides.

mind=blown

lansstyrelsen.se/vastragotaland/SiteCollectionDocuments/Sv/om-lansstyrelsen/vart-uppdrag/projekt/matlandet/rapport_forstodie_biinstitut_2013.pdf

Its Swedish, use translate if you need to, it specificly talks about things like increasing the reserve hives by 100 per "state".

Well meme'd my friend! But no facts sadly, does the truth hurt or something?

hives can survive with these mites lmao as long as you keep the mite. numbers down

Replied to wrong post, see link.

Nigger if you think the government can repopulate the entire U.S.A. with wild bees then you're--
Oh, you're Swedish. You believe the government can do anything. Never mind, then.

>as long as they keep the mite numbers down
Yep. The problem is, nobody has been able to figure out how to do that.

Metroids are killing our bees? I'm calling Samus!

>Posts a scientific source specifying exactly how it is already planned to be done
>With 2 backup plans if that fails
>HAHHA my meme's overrides real life facts!

Whelp.

And furthermore, what do you think will happen even IF the government tries to repopulate? You think the reserve bees will magically be resistant to the mites? Nope, they'll be infected, too. Maybe even faster, thanks to the stress of being recently moved.

Nah you are right man, the mites will just magically survive for years without the bees and then instantly overwhelm every new hive, read the source, the mites don't spread that fast with controlled populations mate.

Nice damage-control though.

the greatest agricultural crisis

bees uniquely fill several extremely important ecological niches

a vote for Green is a vote for the sanctity of your dinner table

>Grrrr I'm really angry
Grow up you fucking child.

Regardless of all that, scientists have also genetically engineered 2 types of bees to fight off the spread of the mites and their infections, and are currently working on a new one - 2 types detect and removes pupas that have been infected. The one they're developing will recognize adult destructors and remove them from bees through grooming. This is actually fear-mongering.

Monsanto did this

(and all the pesticides of course)

Didn't plant life exist before insects? How, then, does plant life rely on bees? I thought most pollination happened by wind. Why have they been pushing this "bees dying = end of world" narrative for a decade now?

Well done user. I would love to do this as well. I love having a garden. I would eventually like to move into the country and grow everything that I can. Tons of veggies, orchards, grape vines, berries etc. A bee colony would be a perfect addition.

what are pheromones
what are toxins
what are secretions

nature is in a constant battle with itself

plant gets leaves eaten, releases pheromones that cause other plants to produce toxins

lifeofplant.blogspot.com/2011/03/pheromones.html

wired.com/2013/12/secret-language-of-plants/

plants produce toxins that make their leaves unappealing to eat, giraffes produces more saliva and stomachs get stronger

arkive.org/giraffe/giraffa-camelopardalis/video-re10a.html

plants develop thorns and bitter taste, giraffes tongue gets thicker and loses sensitivity.

honey bees get ass blasted by gigantic Japanese hornets and have literally not defense mechanism. honey bees surround hornets and vibrate to literally overheat and kill the hornet.

youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc

>implying life wont find a way
>implying any number of things wont or cant stop mites
>implying it takes thousands of years for things to adapt, change or preserver

>plant pollination
Didn't plant exist before insects though? I'm not following your logic here?

i believe you mean monsanto, a subsidary of bayer

Start at 1:20 for those interested. Easy listening.

Are you retarded? What are you quoting?

>not treating your bees against Varroa
Dumbfucks, you deserve what you get.
t. beekeeper

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5VGVAqgWhg8

It's OK - we can just make tiny drones to replace them.

Nothing bad could come from that.

The 60billion offer Bayer made was rejected. And that's all very recent, anyway.

>muh bees
Environmentalist have complained about this for years, but if there was anything to it, we would have already seen spikes in retail prices of related produce, like oranges or orange juice, due to decreases in supply b/c less bees or less active bees. I have not seen any of that.

And what, please tell me, prevents the mites from infecting the current government reserves?
In addition, I don't know about you but I would rather not see all the species of wild bees in existence die out. I woulc prefer an actual solution to the problem as opposed to your idea of "just let it happen, and we'll clean up afterwards."

Fearmongering is the only way to get people to take note of these things, user. That being said, yeah, genetic engineering could work. It's helping to cull mosquito populations in Florida right now, I'm sure it would work here as well.

Anyone who says that humanity is a "cancer" and wishes everyone would die is just an edgy cunt.

Have you ever been near a beehive?

Your posts reek of lack of knowledge and hysteria.

Ship of Fools was a good read. There is even a video version for kids.

vimeo.com/892259

Go on then faggot, go out there and treat wild beehives to your heart's content. Surely that's not an excessively large endeavor, right?

It's a totally different can of worms from keeping domesticated hives.

They can't, when even the chinks can't do it the rest of the world is fucked.

Artificial Pollination is only used on fruit trees etc. and even then they can't cover enough in 10 days than a single beehive could in a day.

>I would rather not see all the species of wild bees in existence die out.

Do you feel the same way about the billions of species that have already gone extinct or the thousands of others that will go extinct within your lifetime?

>Why have they been pushing this "bees dying = end of world" narrative for a decade now?

Research grants are far easier to get when there is a crisis.

Unlike global warming or the holocaust the bee die-off is real, though. It's been pissing off beekeepers since their hives will literally just disappear one day, or they'll have massive die-offs.

How about you start by killing yourself, faggot?

kek

Okay you are literally retarded let me explain for you how it works:

>What stops the mites for infecting..

The reserves are kept IN FUCKING VAULTS LIKE THE LINK SPECIFIES. But only a few, then the bulk of the reserves are in highly controlled indoor greenhouses, since mites can't teleport they won't get and have never been infected whatsoever.

>not see all the species of wild bees in existence die out.

First of, not all species are you asshat, you really need to read up, HCS only affects certain species. Secondly, the government keeps all domestic Swedish bees, so here that is not a problem.

>I woulc prefer an actual solution to the problem

Problem = World starvation, not even a real problem in western countries, so what are you talking about? Nothing is dying out since we have controlled hives, like i already told you.

Wild bees are globally beneficial. Dodo birds were not.

>The Bees are dying
OH NO! NOT THE BEES!

I take great pride in spraying bee nests with wd-40 and then lighting them on fire

>video for kids
>2 min
>i shouldnt be discriminated for sucking cocks

>Swedish bees
Alright, maybe Sweden is safe with its small size. But as far as I know, the U.S has no such all-encompassing reserve system, and we've got a lot more land to repopulate.

i remember it in the FAZ being debated around may/june

no sale? good job kraeuter

SAVE THE BEES

>Wild bees are globally beneficial

How so? Didn't plant life exist prior to insects? If so, why does plant life rely on bees?

i don't care i fucking hate bees.

To be fair, bees are important for agriculture: pollination. They can do it extremely effectively and quickly. We're not talking about the extinction of random pointless protozoa or what-have-you. All things considered, the "bees are dying out!" hysteria has been continuing for about ten-fifteen years now. Technology is developing rapidly, and genetic engineering is already an amazing way to combat the destructors.

Because the plats that exist today evolved side by side with pollinators and they became dependant on eachother....
>Amerifat education

Isn't it kinda pathetic when bees lives actually matter more than niggers?

+++ monsanto &co are killing them +++
you think they only kill "bad" insects?
think again.

Nice arguments there faggot.

Varroa mites are everywhere. They weren't in the past, but they've spread all over the globe. They are a pest, yes, but we have found a way to keep them under control. We cannot eradicate them completely without killing the bees or doing harm to the honey, so we treat them with substances that don't harm the bees or honey, but kill like 99% of mites. Not all of them so we have to do this every year, twice a year.

It's a manageable problem, we would all prefer to not have it, but since it's here we have no other choice but to treat our bees or see them die out. And we treat it and go on with our lives.

Fuck off with your hysteria faggot.
And again,
t. beekeeper (from a nation where this kind of activity is widespread and kind of like a hobby)

Yeah but america isn't a first world country so my statement still stands.

On a serious note though, Sweden has a shitton of weird things like this, we also have plans for converting almost all agricultural resources to insect farming and mushrooms if all comes to the worst, which is something that Sup Forums used to laugh about.

America will probably also have problem since your goverment seems to take pride in fucking over farmers as soon as the harvest turns sour, so yeah I can see the problem, but as long as you are over-middle class it shouldn't be a problem, its very very unlikely that there will be a sudden shortage of pollination as to start riots etc, especially with our global market.

best line of the day

And ofc the bee issue is only relevant for plants that need pollinators, like fruit trees etc. But enough of them do for it to be a huge issue

What do you want me to do about it faggot?

Lol, who gives a shit? the only ones who are going to be severely impacted by this will be the non-white shitholes. The whites will survive and finally be the rulers of the planet, as it should be.

Any other shitskin that happens to have survived, will easily be taken care of with a bullet to the head.

>Hornet cooked by bees

That is fucking awesome.

Really?
Why isn't this on the news?
Can I have some sauce please?

Who gives a fuck about bees, aside from Nic Cage

bees are doing fine in canada

POKÉMON GO DUDE
CHARZAR

They also dance to tell eachother where there are resources, both WHAT resource, how FAR away it is and in what DIRECTION.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waggle_dance

Bees are INSANE things.

You didn't mention how much cock we suck

Bees are not actually dying out, their populations just took a hit for a while

Bees are so cute. I love bees.

So what? We'll find a technical solution for this. Civilization is one technical solution over another so that we may live unnatural lives.

I was sarcastic.

This pic only shows how we are fucked. When the chinks start to do insects job, it's a very bad signal.

I'm quite sure Islam plans to destroy us before the lack of bees does

>we cannot eradicate them completely without killing the bees or doing harm to the honey
Not with that attitude, you can't.
>America isn't a first-world nation
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP REEEEEEEEEE
Eh, there probably won't be any horrible impacts on western civilization tbqh. I just like bees and would hate to see them get shit on by nature.

Bees arent native to North America cuck. We should be saving butterflies.

Oh yes goy
Kill all bees
Flood the market with GMO seeds
GMO doesnt need bees
Rest of the world starve
Yes goy only jewseed inc can give you seeds but since youre not part of the UN you cant have them heheheheh
Oy vey the goy are so dumb theyll never find the cure

Just spreading info about bees here

NOT THE BEES

In Germany we already have the refugees dust flowers per hand. Not many people know that.

Become an beekeeper and grow hops. Hops kill the parasites.

They're unproductive lay-abouts who get drunk off rotten fruit juice and fuck until they die. Bees may not be as pretty but they sure do work hard.

We'll just make robot bees

Thread theme

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GcKOhNir4o

Are you me? I JUST looked this up yesterday

Honey Bees are NOT native to the Americas, they were brought there by Europeans. Guess what, all the plants in the Americas survived just fine without honey bees. Honey Bees -do- help pollination, but if they all vanished it would not mean all the world's plants die.

>implying life wont find a way

Of course life always find a way. Simply not necessarily a way suitable for mankind.

Life on earth can survive without pollinisation. Not us.