This is a movie franchise about street racing

>this is a movie franchise about street racing

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/fast-8-fate-of-furious-tokyo-drift-character-sean-boswell/
youtube.com/watch?v=pPjinRvyZ7o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah, only the first three were.

It has been a very long time since this was a franchise about street racing.

1 certainly, 2 absolutely, 3 even mixed it up a little by adding a different form of street racing (drift racing).

Now though it's an action movie which happens to have cars in it.

>Now though it's an action movie which happens to have cars in it.

This. The last movie climaxed with Vin Diesel swinging a pair of iron tubes around like they were swords.

It was literally the dumbest moment in the entire franchise. Seriously, the movie spent 20 minutes watching a fake sword-fight with fake swords fought by guys who had no no reason to do so.

I fucking HATED that climax, and that's from someone who genuinely liked Tokyo Drift.

it was literally never about street racing

>It was literally the dumbest moment in the entire franchise.

what about infinite runway?

No it's about family

>franchise about familia

At least that scene pretended to have something to do with racing. At least cars were fucking involved in a movie who's original premise was essentially entirely dedicated around cars driving fast.

Another thing I hate is how they keep calling themselves a "crew" in the later movies.

Firstly it makes them sound like they perform bank robberies or run mercenary jobs (which they actually both do) instead of race cars.

Secondly, they all refer to it as "Dom's crew" or infer that Dom's the leader of this little gang. But Dom isn't the one they all have in common. Brian is. It's a subtle annoyance but it always triggered me.

what about that same scene when he collapsed a parking lot by stomping on a crack

they should have ended after tokyo drift

At that point I was over my stupid-threshold and it all just kinda' blurred into a downward spiral of mediocrity.

I remember them fighting with fucking pipes on some roof, and then blur, and finally everything was a-ok for everyone for poorly explained reasons.

The first movie was just Point Break but with a street racing gang/thievery ring.

Can't tell if you're being serious or not..

>It was literally the dumbest moment in the entire franchise.
Topped by almost every single scene in 8 tbqh

I still loved it.

Not that guy, but there is a difference between

>we are doing somewhat unrealistic shit with cars but only requires suspension of disbelief proportional to how entertaining it is
and
>literally just doing CRAZY ass shit for no reason

The heist on the bus early on in 7 made sense, the grappling hooks made sense because it was a highly, mission specific plan. Whereas in 8 they just casually keep busting them out as if they were standard issue memes. It was weird.

If your movie franchise is about street racing in some form or another, are you are going to go to the lengths of over the top bank heists and crazy special missions, getting Russian terrorists on a nuclear sub naval base is weird as shit

All the tech shit in 8 was retarded. Ironically the scene with Jason infiltrating the plane was the most believable shit in the movie

>and finally everything was a-ok for everyone for poorly explained reasons.
supposedly half the actors have clauses in their contracts where they can't lose a fight

I feel what the FF franchise has lost is lost on it's consistency. In the sense that there was practically none in the first 3 movies.

First movie, we're introduced to Brian, our protagonist, Dom, Mia, and a few other throw-aways. They do cool car-racing stuff, movie over.

Second movie, the only thing they kept was Brian, you didn't have to have watched the first movie at all. We're introduced to black afro-man, loli-jap and bruh. All who had nothing to do with the previous movie. They do cool car-racing stuff, movie over.

Third movie, brand new protagonist, Sean, we get introduced to Han, a comic-relief black guy, an angry Asian guy and some weird half-breed sex-symbol girl. All who had nothing to do with the previous movie. They do cool car-racing stuff, movie over.

And this is where we fucked everything up. Up until this point you could be dropped into any FF movie and be informed quickly or understand what's going on to a slight extent.

Try dropping a person who's never seen the previous movies into movie number 7. It's a fucking trainwreck.

>Not that guy

Then why should I care about anything you say?

Why should you care about anything that guy had to said? Why should you care about anything I have to say now. This is that guy.

>But Dom isn't the one they all have in common. Brian is.
Not really though
>Han
Dom
>Letty
Dom
>Leo and Santos
Dom
>Giselle
She knew Brian, but she was there because of Dom
>Hobbs
Literally can't even remember him interacting with Brian at any point

It's really just Roman and Tej that were Brian's guys.

Because I'm chiming in and if you wanted a 1 on 1 conversation you'd be on a forum with PM's like reddit

>Han
Was backpeddled into Dom because he was the only character anyone actually liked in 3. But the argument isn't HOW they knew Dom just that they did, so I guess I'll give you this one.

>Letty
Fair enough.

>Leo and Santos
Might as well not even have been there. Literally filler who were forgotten about in the latter movies thus not a part of his "crew".

>Giselle
Filler added to give Han a setup for FF3. Never considered anything but a temporary member. For fucks sake the audience can smell her death a mile away.

>Hobbs
Was literally never part of their "crew" and always felt like a separate entity.

Though I will admit that I'm getting a little off-track here and it becomes increasingly vague who is actually IN Dom's crew and who is just temporary filler. So maybe you're right.

>and always felt like a separate entity.

I'm looking forward to the The Rock vs Statham rivalry to continue, since this is now the best part of the movies

Seriously get this Gods Eye shit out of here

It hasn't been about street racing in over ten years. Technically, even the first movie wasn't really about street racing. It was about a cop trying to bust a theft ring.

It's like saying Point Break was about surfing.

I think the point is that the first one was a cop movie with heavy street racing elements and culture in it.

Just as Point Break was a cop movie with heavy surfing elements and culture in it.

>I still loved it.
me too, its literally watching a trainwreck

I thought the most unbelievable part of the franchise was the drone in Fast Seven. That doesn't exist. It's a fucking vtol drone with machine guns and guided missiles. The only reason it was there was so Hobbs could have his entrance.

Everything the drone in the scene does could have been done by the helicopter. That drone kinda rustled my jimmies.

Also the fact that Hobbs grabs the minigun from the drone and fires it, despite the ammo guide being obviously severed and no ammo drum being attached. But oh well.

Also Brian's dreamy eyes, that was unbelievable, had to be CG, no man could possibly have such dreamy eyes

>I fucking HATED that climax, and that's from someone who genuinely liked Tokyo Drift.

I don't think that helps your argument.

Only Reddit disliked Tokyo Drift though.

>had to be CG

user, I...

>Try dropping a person who's never seen the previous movies into movie number 7. It's a fucking trainwreck.

To be fair, that's true for many movie series.

>Was backpeddled into Dom because he was the only character anyone actually liked in 3.
This is unequivocally not true, as Dom shows up at the end of 3 to race that annoying kid from Alabama and tells him that Han was family.

Oh shit, I'm on the wrong site!

I do mean all the way from the fast and the furious.

Eyes dreamy like this? No way. Can't be.

I found it hilarious that The Rock was central to the role and all the Vince scenes bored the shit out of me. Just leave the franchies to The Rock

Can someone explain this scene to me?

>in the first movie their greatest dangers are truckers with shotguns and two asians on bikes
>in 6 or 7 they fight a tank
wait what?

Exactly. He had nothing to do with the movie, and there was no bond between him and Han except the implied one.

And the actor behind Sean couldn't act his way out of a bag, but the character made sense.

In your D&D campaigns you get shat on by slimes in the first few sessions
Fast forward a few sessions and you're fucking up gods.
Same shit.

fuck you Vince Corona tastes like cat's piss

that would explain their superhuman status

you are literally breathing manually right now

Yeah, but it clearly wasn't backpeddled, Han was established as a member of Dom's crew from the first movie he was in.

And yeah, Sean was a fine character and TD was a great movie, but Lucas Black almost singlehandedly derailed the whole thing with how unabashedly awful he is.

you are blinking your eyes manually now

>Lucas Black
Not even him, but fucking triggered. This one dude managed to prevent all the Fast And the Furious movies from being, essentially, stand-alone movies. It was confirmed by the studio later that people responded so badly to him that they HAD to go back to Brian to pander and attempt to save the franchise. The third movie was suppose to start a long chain of taglines like Tokyo Drift. There was even a similar movie that was suppose to be a London-based Fast and Furious which was suppose to be the actual 4th movie, staring completely new characters and having Brian make a cameo like Vin did in 3. Fuck Lucas Black and his I-look-40-t-the-age-of-20 appearance.

OTOH, the current path for the FF franchise is raking in billions worldwide. It would seem that people love the characters more than they love random car races (not that there's a lack of car racing the in the films anyway).

I like TD and I like Lucas Black

I seriously hope Vin and Sylvester stalone had a good hard talk on the set of GOTG2 and are going to make "The Fast and The Expendable"

>I like TD
Good taste.

>I like Lucas Black
End life.

Printing billions isn't a measurement of quality. And no one "loves" the characters.

We're just all jaded and too blinded by nostalgia of a simpler time to care.

Printing billions isn't a measurement of quality.
No, but it's a measure of success. Frankly, I thought the series was going to die after the 3rd movie after it bombed. It wasn't until they brought back the old characters that it it started to succeed again, so clearly people like the old characters enough to give it a second chance. I could practically guarantee you that if they dropped all the current characters for the 9th film, it would not do nearly as well.

Probably not, no. But again, that's not really the measurement of which I judge a movie worth seeing. The fact that it makes a shitload of money does not make it good or worth my time or yours.

Capeshit prints money but that doesn't mean you'll go see it.

Though I think we're arguing two different things here. You're arguing the movies are successful while I'm arguing the movies are shit. Which are not contradictory points, so we're just arguing to argue at this point.

Should I watch these movies starting from the beginning? I haven't seen any of them. Are they slowly becoming action kino?

Yeah you should. The first 3 movies are largely unconnected affairs, but they all do come together later. Also, as you watch you should slowly embrace the fact that the car-aspect becomes less and less relevant. By the fourth maybe fifth movie it's more about guns and missiles and military stuff than cars.

>kino
Never. Not in its best movie is it anything better than a solid 8/10.

>Lucas

Didn't they drag this dumb piece of shit back into one of the latter movies for a quick one-line cameo?

He says hello, hands Dom some plot item, and then is never seen again, right?

Which FF movie was it that suddenly really really desperately wanted to be The Raid?

There is this one scene where Brian fist-fights some Asian guy and he's suddenly a world-class kickboxer or some shit. It's awful, but there's this certain point where you can really tell that the director suddenly wanted to be The Raid really badly.

>yfw bruh

I'm watching them right now, up to the 2nd half of the 2nd movie

They're fun but you shouldn't really expect 10/10s

He's going to be in the next 3 movies. No I'm not kidding.

movieweb.com/fast-8-fate-of-furious-tokyo-drift-character-sean-boswell/

This motherfucker has been signed on for FF8, 9 and 10.

I swear not that long ago a movie franchise had to be really exceptionally good to warrant 2 sequels. Now this early-2000s movie is on it's 7th sequel and has 10 total planned?

How? The movies are mediocrity squared.

That was 7, when he fights Tony Jaa!

next one they're going to have transforming robot cars

I think you mean "before".

>this is a movie about 2 straight guys who are equally more bigger than eachother and race cars

But user, I watched Fate in the theater and didn't see him anywhere in it...

>Hey remember how Tokyo Drift had bit of a cult following?
>Yeah, I remember that. They're this small group of people who really liked that we tried to keep the movies racing-related.
>Remember the one thing absolutely no one liked about that movie?
>Of course. It was that dimwit Lucas Black who was too mentally retarded to portray the world's simplest character, Sean, with any dignity.
>Yeah, let's bring him back as a big selling point!

In a surprising and completely unforeseeable twist of events, Hollywood is completely out of touch with their audience.

It's already got the tank from GI Joe Retaliation.

Really? Thank you sweet Jesus.

That is such a fucking dirty and unprofessional trick by the director. Diesel is a fucking manlet compared to The Rock.

max comfy
near universal appeal
nostalgia

>comfy

People screaming at each other at the tops of their lungs while performing incredibly poorly directed and edited CG stunts as a soundtrack blares that hasn't been good in 6 movies is NOT comfy.

An example of the good part of the soundtrack can be found here: youtube.com/watch?v=pPjinRvyZ7o

>Vin Diesel swinging a pair of iron tubes around like they were swords
>It was literally the dumbest moment in the entire franchise
Are you kidding me? That shit was hype as fuck. Dumbest moment in the franchise has to be Dom leaping across the highway at 100mph to catch Letty in midair.

He was too busy with NCIS: New Orleans or something and couldn't be in it

>Printing billions isn't a measurement of quality. And no one "loves" the characters.

Usually if you want to make some sort of factual based argument, you want to start with a metric. The F&F movies not only print movie, but they continue to print money with every movie. People watch one, and then spend money again on the next one that comes out.

It seems like there is quite a bit of people who like it. If your response is "Well those people have bad taste" - for a subjective trait, usually the majority wins out. And maybe you are the one with bad taste.

Food for thought.

The Fast movies are getting more and more retarded with each one but I don't care as long as my jaw drops at least once while watching them.

People compare them to Bay's Transformers but at least the Fast flicks don't have racism, homophobia etc. and all that other shit that drags Bay's movies down.

I'll take Vin Diesel repeating FAMILY over and over again like he's trying to brainwash audiences or something, over all the racism and homophobia and stuff that Bay keeps including because he and the people who love his movies don't give a fuck.

>but at least the Fast flicks don't have racism, homophobia etc. and all that other shit that drags Bay's movies down.

why is it that FF1 is so goddamn rewatchable and all these later entries, as fun as they are to see them once, literally have zero rewatch value?

also only recently realized that Leon was in Black Hawk Down

It's hilarious because it shows the end scene from Tokyo Drift and then cuts to a scene that's supposed to be minutes later after they race, but Lucas Black has noticeably aged 10 years. He barely looked young enough to be a high school student then.

How could anyone possibly think the terrible first movie is more rewatchable than Fast Five?

>zero rewatch value
Not only have I watched them all numerous times, but I enjoy them even more on repeat viewings.

It's because it's more grounded.

They could have kept the movies grounded, going into the seedy underbelly of illegal crime while still getting over the top car chases and heists. I think Fast 5 with the whole heist and planning being a HUGE part of it is what kept the franchise semi grounded, because after that we got "Vehicular Warfare" and "A Hacker who can attack a secret government base and steal a hard drive all by herself and then later hack every single car in the city to drive itself"

I would say 7's premise was 100% grounded, and it was the right levels of over the top (that beginning sequence in the hospital), but some of the stuff went into crazy land and we know we aren't coming back from that

5 is not grounded in any way. Doesn't mean it's not great though.

Every cunt was in Black Hawk Down

>this is a franchise for trailer trash
ftfy

>Doesn't mean it's not great though.

As ridiculous as that image you posted is, it also has some semblance of grounded in reality. You don't have to suspend your disbelief to realize, yeah, Hobbs wouldn't grab him here. It's hobbywood shit, yes, but if you are telling me 5 wasn't atleast 1,000 times more "real" than 8, you are retarded

>Dumbest moment in the franchise has to be Dom leaping across the highway at 100mph to catch Letty in midair.
I dunno, I'd say it's that first switch where they manage to throw the hacker bitch between two cars traveling at opposite directions at high speed.

>thank god that car was there to break our fall
what did they mean by this?