Finland: Man Thrown in Prison For Using "Excessive Self-Defense" Against Home Invaders

informationliberation.com/?id=55208

>"In all seriousness, this is why in the US people say if you're getting robbed you should shoot to kill."

Finnbros, what would have happened to the homeowner if he had killed the home invaders?
Would he likely have received and even harsher sentence?

Other urls found in this thread:

freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2226505/post
rt.com/news/352236-jail-finland-court-robbery/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you don't shoot to kill or to wound, that sounds bad in court for some fucking reason. because either "SO YOU WANTED TO KILL THEM" or "YOU WANTED TO CAUSE THEM UNNECESSARY SUFFERING"
you just say you shot to stop the threat and believed it was reasonable force

Also applies here. You can't use a superior weapon to defend yourself.

"First world" countries

Even in calfornia I can kill a guy for breaking in.

No wonder you're such a dominate world power.

Kek
Should we just allow them into our great union already?

Well according to most "defend your castle" laws in the U.S., you must shoot to kill. The only times you should shoot another person is if they have broken into your home(varies by state), you believe that you or another is at serious risk of grave injury or death, or if a considerably valuable property is being stolen(once again, this varies by state).
In other words while yes you are shooting to stop that person, in order to hold up in court that it wasn't negligent wounding, you need to be shooting to kill. Otherwise the defense will likely twist your arm into making it seem that there was another way to stop the assailant without lethal force.

But if you kill them they can't testify and you can make shit up
still pretty funny how in a few years you'll basically have to leave your door unlocked and bend over yourself/your whole family whenever a muslim tries to "procure" some supplies
also inseminates the household females because he dindu muffin MUHHAMAD A GOOD BOY

suomi :(

Hang your traitor government you weak faggots. Strike at night. Hit the leaders first.

Once they begin to fear for their lives they will turn on eachother.

A knife at night is hard to trace. Too bad you have no fucking balls.

fuck that. Your home is your castle. In my state, you aren't liable for a person invading your home.
freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2226505/post
>Having taught at SDSU for around 20 years, Garry could think of just one lesson one could take away from this. He said, "Appreciate the people, your friends and family, when your with them."

Even our hippy professors won't argue with our law. Stay the fuck out of my house.

Fucking wow
>your life is worth less then that of an armed intruder breaking into your own house
Liberalism was a mistake

what's the real source of this?

of course you really shoot to kill dumb ass, but that isn't what you tell the cops or the prosecutor because even in the US that will get you landed in jail if you have a shitty attorney who doesn't believe you
unless your jurisdiction says you are supposed to kill of course, but usually saying you didn't have any intention other than defending yourself is your safest bet

there are many countries around the world where self defense is a fucking joke
in example:
you robber, me homeowner
IF you have a knife, and i shoot you, I get fucked up
IF you have a wooden club, i have a pipe, I get fucked up
IF you are unarmed, but i know any kind of martial art, I get fucked up
it's so bloody idiotic
Good thing two months ago the police here have been pushing for more freedom on dealing in self defense, and if this works i'll be allowed to defend my home in whatever way i want against home invaders.

Why not? Your inherent right to self defense requires no argument.

yeah they can just ski up to the sauna hut and get them, finland has no sercret service

Why not fucking silently kill them and dump them in garbage somewhere.
Nobody can trace it back to you because you never had connection to that person before.
Why are people stupid and try to play fair by "rules" when rules are made retarded

But it isn't what you tell the cops. It may be different in your country but that is not how it rolls in the majority of the U.S.
A firearm is considered a lethal weapon, thus if you must use it, you must shoot in a manner to kill the person. Like i said before, in the U.S. saying you're shooting to stop the person usually won't cut it, otherwise it's just negligent homicide/wounding.

Original source: rt.com/news/352236-jail-finland-court-robbery/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

There are no home invasions here like in America. These people were probably drug dealers and owed each other money. Hope they all go to prison.

once in a while there are legal fucks up but usually you shouldnt be jailed for killing someone in SELF-DEFENSE. If you shoot someone in the back while he's running away from your property without anything stolen in his hands you deserve to be jailed (not for long though).

He didn't even kill anyone, though. What happened was:
1. The intruders assaulted the victim with a baseball bat as soon as he opened the door.
2. The intruders also had a gun with them (which was brandished but not used), but it's reasonable to say that the victim feared for his life.
3. The victim fought back with a knife and the intruders received non-fatal injuries.

And the aftermath:
1. The victim spends 4 years in prison.
2. The intruders spend no time in prison. They were given suspended sentences, which effectively means only that if they commit additional crimes while serving this sentence, they may actually be imprisoned. There are no other elements of punishment. Most likely their lives will not be affected at all by the suspended sentence, unless they get caught trying to rob someone else.

that's pretty fucked up finbro

over here if someone breaks into your house and threatens you you can do whatever the fuck you want

Welcome to the eu my gun toting friend