The Premier League is the top level of the English football league system

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AuIgor5_PaQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If there wasnt video of this id have a tough time believing it happened. Cesc casaully strolling up like that ffs

hbest league in the world amirite?

for me, it's La Liga

Reminder to idiots who call this boring it's the defending team who is to blame. Both these teams are losing here.

Fucking Money Pep!

Klopp is the only saviour here. Save us Klop

best league in the world lah

indeed

CUZ' I'M BRAKIN' DA HOBBIT

>Both these teams are losing here.
what did he mean by this?

?

this is way too good to be true

someone post liverpool vs newcastle webm
you know the one

> that furious press from Fabregas
Jesus christ for an ex-Barca player he really has retained what Pep taught him aye?

To be honest I loved watching the Bundesliga...not so much the Serie A but there are some serious high tempo games there.

When De Bruyne won the assist record playing for Wolfsburg their games that season were insane.

>this is the end product of a billion pound business

>It's a Chelsea players down tools to get a manager sacked episode

Cesc surely is the ring-leader this time round.

It's as much Guardiola's fault as Conte's. Everyone needs to understand what Guardiola is doing. He's telling his players to not shot, to not attack. Why? Because everytime the keeper get the ball in his hands the opposing team is allowed to move forward. And Guardiola doesn't want that. He was literally playing the 1-0. His philosophy isn't that far away from parking the bus actually. I'm not hating tho, it's effective.

>4 minutes left, up by 2

yeah you know they're just killing the clock right?

They spent that entire game attacking while Chelsea had no offense at all
They were catching their breath from successive attacks

They weren't attacking, user. They were keeping the ball. Totally different.

when was this lol

last season, I was in that thread

Conte has le park the bus and counter attack style of play. Guardiola said ok, I will score once and not attack, keep possession, so you will never get your counter attack.

So I would say the blame is on conte for playing le park the bus with a high tier team. I don't blame spanish farmers playing like that against barcelona for example, because it is their only way to not get 6-1'd, but chelsea and man united can't do this shit.

> last season
> we uhh....create a lot of chances but we uhh...were not good enough to finish them...uhh we didn't score but we create a lot of chances
> this season
> we uhh....create a lot of chances and our players....uhh...are so so good...they finish a lot of chances and we scored a lot of goals
Parking the bus you say? You know they are 21 goals off the all time PL record for goals in a season right? Yes Pep doesn't like losing possession, which is why they counter-press so they can continue to attack and create chances.

I love De Bruyne, and Hazard and Kompany but you are a silly little man.

Pardew Watford shitters combo

la mejor liga del mundo papu

>arsenal

L'Anus vs. Arseanal is the biggest el clasico

Now thats good bus parking. Shame they had already slipped up by this point.

What people fail to understand is that the Pep system of quick sideways passing makes the defending time run and tire themselves out needlessly. Conte is actually on to something here. You shouldn't play alon when they are doing it. Let them push the ball back and forth, conserve your energy and when they actually go forward, win the ball back fast and throw all your energy into fast breaking them, scoring from counter attacks. The link up has to be good though, since Peps structure is great at winning the ball back, but if you get past them, and not get tactically fouled, your quickly straight through on goal and can score easily.

Tl:dr This, with good organised counter attacking moves, is the formula to beating pep and the barcelona system (as mou showed with real).

>9 minutes added

I fail to see any controversy here.

wow pepo cacca is the GOAT.
WHY HAS NOBODY POSTED THE ARSENAL WEBM YET ?

This has a shred of truth to it, Pep's always said that he gets his teams to move the ball around to temp the defense out, to mess with their shape and slowly make opening and they shift side to side constantly.

The beautiful thing about football though is, even standing still opens you up. If you don't follow the wingers and close them off then you give them space on the ball and if you don't keep on your toes you'll be flat footed for a through ball.

I guess all tactics and shapes have their pros and cons.

For me it's the Bundes, pure high quality technique as well as sheer beauty, it has the best of both worlds. Other leagues just can't compare.

>italian tactics

May I humbly advocate for the 4D tactics of our own A-league?
We call this one the unbookable challenge.

Jokes on you they scored 33 minutes later on that same possession

>literally implying it's impossible to win the ball off this team

gegenpress.jpg

To be fair, it was a one goal game for a team that needs points to qualify for champions league

fair to who?

As someone who only watches 20 matches a year, how do you long time fans defend this shit? This is why I watch CL

kek

No one should ever have to explain anything to a weeaboo. Only the mentally ill sexually fetishize cartoons

>Being so afraid of alpha Man City that you park the bus the entire match and have some soyboy Hazard cum slurper whine about how City should have pressed against a team that were too cowardly to get the ball back
lmao loving it

Did Hazard really say that?

*hoofs the ball in your general direction*

No of course not, I'm talking about this soyboy who has been on full damage control in as many threads as possible since Sunday

this desu

Meanwhile the Championship is strictly tiki taka only

shit wrong webm

>everyone shitposting webms that mock their league
>non-league shitter attempts to shill his league
I fucking despise non-leaguers

how do you get a free kick in the box like that?

kek look at that dude just laying on the ground during the whole play. What a fucking disgrace

Happens when a defender pass the ball to the keeper on purpose and he grabs it with his hands, the latter is not allowed to do such thing cause it is against the rules
The free kick is shot where the gk grabbed the ball

he means using your feet. If you pass the ball with your head, the keeper is allowed to grab the ball

more like: as a professional player how the fuck do you decide to not go for the upper third of the goal and instead you tap it towards the bottom corner thinking the ball will through 4 players.

>play
wew

gonde's cowardness digusts me

Plebs will think this is disgusting possessionball but in reality teams are afraid to try to challenge these teams because they know they get possession back quickly and are even more dangerous in those moments. This is both man city passively looking for an opening while Conte also telling his men not to challenge for the ball that far away from the penalty area and play full park the bus mode.

It's not like Pep is passing his way around the backline to a title, they've scored the most goals by a massive margin and are always on the move. Faced with a literal bus parking of course there's moments for inconsequential back and forth.

this man is retarded

Do you perhaps have undiagnosed autism? Because you clearly fail to detect sarcasm

How will brexit affect the english premier league?

That is some ATTACKING FOOTBALL right there. Peppy sure is a genius

>you take it
>no, you take it
>please, I insist, take it
>no, no, I can't accept it... you take it

> that furious press from Fabregas
>Jesus christ for an ex-Barca player he really has retained what Pep taught him aye?
why would Fabregas ignore his managers instructions because he used to play in a team that played in a different way?

Cesc has always been a pretty lazy player tho.

This shows the psyche of Kompany. He does something cute, then thinks he is Messi and fucks up. See WC Brasil vs Argentina.

Cesc also organized the shitshow against Mourinho, I would bench him until the end of his contract

More generally speaking:
If the result outside of the box would be a direct free kick, the result inside the box is a penalty. For the indirect free kick the area doesn't matter.
There are plenty ways to get a free kick in the box. Some examples, besides the already mentioned handling of a back pass.
Playing in a dangerous manner (like raising the boot really high with a opponents chest/head nearby)
Gk handles the ball after a throw-in from a team mate.
Gk releasing the ball from his hands and touching it again with them before it is touched by another player
Gk holds on to the ball for more than six seconds (Most refs turn the blind eye here)
Unsportsmanlike behavior like a dive or an insult
Theoretically the gk touching the ball for a second time (before it is touched by another player) after a goal kick is another reason. That is very rare, because for the ball to become in play it has to leave the penalty box. So the gk has to take the goal kick, the ball has to leave his penalty box as a result of his first touch and it has to get into the penalty box again without a touch from another player (eg wind), so he can touch it for the second time.

The most common reason for an indirect free kick, the offside, doesn't apply here because there is no offfside in your own half.

for me, it's Lega Pro

why don't other coaches just train vision, playmaking and passing with their defenders?

>not having a shot clock

Wow, soccer is dumb enough with the whole away goals rule.

This one takes the cake.

Did you see the fuck head who tried that a few seconds later?

>minute 86:00 and wining 5-0
>Valencia is not trying anymore
Why would they have to keep playing?

he means in the two cases above his original post. It wasn't made very clear but I'm used to deciphering what those pesky Irish actually mean with their broken english and lack of education.

My fucking sides

>winning 5-0
how new are you fren

Who can explain how this shit league generates so much money?

Conte was scared of getting Pep'd

It's the only relevant league from an english speaking country so the entire world can understand what's going on.

hilarious how they try to copy barcas laid back approach

Im lolling out loud

they say football is dead

It's also hilarious how it's working so well since Barca has been "figured out" all those years ago. It's like Pep is actually good.

>winning at 74 mins
>other team is trying to play on the counter attack
>they refuse to press or make any effort to win the ball

How is this Pep's fault again?

To be fair, Bournemouth and Brighton are league one teams LARPing as top flight sides

Poop plays such shit football. I will never understand all the dicksucking he receives from the media.

Possession at all cost is not entertaining to watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=AuIgor5_PaQ
heard this in my head while watching that

damn

have you seen are you dumb, blind, autistic??
>le poop
le memes alhahhahha
lamo LAMO LAAAAAMMMOOOO

For me, it's cisplatinian league

>Possession at all cost

but that's not his game plan at all

Is Pep really the one to be given credit here? Honest question, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know but it seems like these players skill that made that goal as there were many incredible touches there.

Bullshit, Chelsea can't expect the opposing team to just give them the ball and give Chelsea a chance to counter attack. I mean for real, they need to at least put SOME pressure on the City players, so they make mistakes and Chelsea gets the ball and then they can try to score. But if you think Guardiola, or his players were doing anything wrong there, you're a fucking idiot.

>1000 passes
also no one remembers when City played like that in the Champions League semi-final vs Real Madrid.

its 50/50

Actually, it is justified.

>3 goals down on aggregate
>4 minutes left
>several casualties in Valencia's side
>extreme refballing

gee, m80, why are they not running like crazy after them and breaking their defensive structure?

little of both
obviously you need very technically gifted players to play pepball but at the same time he will have drilled the passing patterns and off-the-ball movement relentlessly
you can tell how good a coach is by how much players improve under their coaching, and you can say the vast majority of the team that were there before pep arrived have become much better players
you can say the same thing with klopp & pochettino's teams

decent post

bayern munich cucked schalke to 2nd place with such a free kick in the extra time of the last season game 2001 btw