Is Ghosts of Mars kino?

Is Ghosts of Mars kino?
Definitely one of the most underrated movies of the early 00's.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no it's awful

/thread

>not enjoying the pinnacle of ice cube and jason statham career

Fuck no.
It's the worst Carpenter by far.

No atmosphere, and shitty pacing.

>It's the worst Carpenter by far.
sounds like you missed the ward

Pam Grier big titties :D

implying carpenter is a 10/10 kino genius only.

you carpenter fags are the worst, you only like his movie when they are praised by critics, you have no judgement at all. He made a lot of shit film and ghost of mars is quite allright at least it's fun

>likes ghosts of mars
>claims others have no judgement

in order to appreciate ghost of mars for what it is you have de free your mind neo

This guy is right. The Fog is easily shittier than Ghosts of Mars. Escape From LA too.

What exactly is wrong with it? It's a fun action movie. Nothing more nothing less.

you're a fucking pathetic faggot

It has Ice Cube with chrome submachine guns, sorry it's shit

What did he mean by this?

RAHRARARARARARAA

It's not good, but it's fun. And the idea is original enough for Firefly to steal Reavers from it, and the Doom movie is pretty much a straight copy.

>Shitting on the Fog
Underage detected.

The movie is a waste, it has a really cool idea behind it, some nice practical effects, but the story is a bit too stupid (you kill possessed people but nothing stops the ghosts from just possessing another body). Also the action scenes in the beginning look really bad for some reason. I liked the battle in the corridor where they formed firing lines, the last one was kind of fun too, I guess.

There's a lot of fun silly worldbuilding stuff in it which I loved. Mars being matriarchal for some reason, that weird stuff possessed people made out of metal. Cool shit.

John Carpenter's films after They Live are just sad. In the Mouth of Madness was pretty good I guess but it's clear Carpenter lost his touch a long time ago. The Ward was a total embarrassment, hard to believe the same guy directed Halloween and The Thing.

I liked it a lot as a kid, it felt like what I wanted doom to be but it was corny as shit.

I rewatched it and was shocked to find out carpenter directed it, still enjoyed it but strathams acting made my ulcer burst a bit.

It's fucking terrible in a good way.

go and suck a bag of dicks, buch of faggots

I said I enjoyed the movie overall, though, it just isn't a masterpiece you expect from John Carpenter.

At least he's making good music now.

Can't hate a film with a villain called Big Daddy Mars.

Wait, but the Reavers in Firefly and Serenity were originally people who were given some kind of drug to pacify them and make them nonviolent. The drug worked on most of the test subjects who promptly stopped living and eventually died, but a small portion of test subjects became violently insane. In the Ghost of Mars movie, some archaeologists of miners opened some kind of tomb and the spirits of an extinct ancient Martian alien race possesses the civilians who begin to self mutilate and create weapons and go around killing people. Which is also different from the Doom movie which has a virus going around turning people into monsters or zombies.

When it comes to defeating the possessed people in Ghost of Mars, it doesn't work since killing a possessed civilian just has the ghost move from one body to another. I think Natasha Henstridge's (I may have spelled her last name wrong) character became possessed, but she was given some kind of narcotic which forces the spirit out of her body.

Anyway, almost everyone dies except Henstridge's and Cubes characters and the ghosts end up invading the police station or military installation where Henstridge's character was being put on trial. So yeah, I think the ghosts were able to survive an explosion from a nuclear power plant, or I think it's a nuclear power plant.

Fuck you, you redneckbearded KKKlansman.

I think there might be a part in the movie where Natasha Henstridge's character gets possessed. So her teammates bring her outside and leave her there, maybe because they thought she would become dangerous after being possessed. Anyway, one of the other police officer or military officer gives her some of her illegal drug she had and after her teammates leave, the drug forces the spirit out of her, but I don't think it the spirit.

I don't remember much of the movie since I must have watched it back when I was in high school. I think some guy accidentally chopped off one of his thumbs while he was high form inhaling some drug. They were sticking some kind of explosive grenade into cans of food for some reason. So the depictions of illegal drugs isn't all that positive.

Oh, I see, it's been a while.

>I think some guy accidentally chopped off one of his thumbs
Yeah, that was a pretty funny scene.

>the depictions of illegal drugs isn't all that positive
Man, remember Faculty, where a high school drug dealer saves the Earth using his drugs against the alien threat?

What the fuck. Is this how simplistically you view the world? You do know they don't write everything / anything in advance?
That pacification thing was invented for Serenity. Originally Reavers were people turned feral in space because of [reason] who mutilate themselves and others. They hang sharp shit around and build grizzly weaponry that's surprisingly high tech. It's the same fucking thing.

Doom movie has a special unit sent to MARS who have scientist lady explain that people turned into monsters because they dug too deep into Moria. Later main hero person gets infected and left alone, but survives it and comes back to kick ass.

I thought Mal said that the people went into deep space and then they went insane, something about a darkness or void that they stared into. Anyway, Serenity is like the season finale for the t.v. series that Fox cancelled, so we got to see how the reavers came to be created.

Okay fine, the Doom movie copied Ghost of Mars. But in the video game that was released for Xbox, then the PC and Mac OSX, it was a company that was building weapons and testing out products on Mars, they opened a gateway into Hell and the people got possessed and demon monsters also came through, maybe monsters were being captured and experimented on before the player character arrives and the player character is also a space marine sent to reinforce the existing military presence on Mars that was seemed to try and keep the company in line when it came to all those civilians getting killed, or that's what I got from the demo trial of the video game. So in the Ghosts of Mars movie, an ancient alien race possesses the civilians, in the video game Doom, demons come through the portal and humans also get possessed by demons. In the Doom movie, it's a virus that turns people into zombies and monsters.

The guy who chopped off his thumb I think died from one of his eplosives. Anyway, there's an Anti-Temperance thread: boards.Sup Forums.org/gif/thread/10455160#top. Check it out, it's where people on alcohol and booze end up puking or falling or in one case, shooting a shotgun and falling down a hill.

As for the Faculty, I think they've shown that recently on either the SyFy channel or on Chiller, well I remember they shown the movie like within a year that I writing this stuff. I don't know, Ghosts of Mars doesn't seem to get as shown on television as much these days.

*(continued)

What's with the Trump gif? I've seen some of the headlines and that asshole wants the Mexican government to pay for the wall he wants to build. He's a shitty billionaire and if he's so patriotic, he should go bankrupt using his own money to build his fucking wall. That shithead probably has difficulty pronouncing Hispanic names, that doesn't mean he should force an entire group of people, an entire country, to pay for his wall.