Millennial here

Millennial here
Why should I pay my student loans? The gov already takes my money

wtf i hate responsibilty now

Where's the original

The government doesn't pay their debts, why should I?

>Why should I pay the money I borrowed?
Because banks own you

Hey OP, lemme borrow a thousand dollars. I'll pay you back I swear. I'll even sign a contract.

=^)

>millennial
>not becoming l33t HAXXOR and siphoning tens of thousands of boomers bank account and becoming rich before you're old enough to be charged as an adult

shiggy diggy, you fucked up

wtf i hate debnts now

>be american
>pay for education

>Burger States of America
>Medicare

Aahahahahaha that's a funny joke.

It's fucking bullshit. Literally everything in society says, go to college or you're a failure

Because if you don't they'll take more.

You shouldn't.

Firstly, OP -- What did you study in / major in?

Just declare bankrupcy and start clean

What if I go on welfare?

Because you asked for a loan of funds which you did not have and that money was granted to you under an understanding that you would pay it back at a later date, with interest so as to cover the money the financial institution would lose to inflation as well as pay for the opportunity cost of allocating that money elsewhere.

Essentially, you should pay it back because you said you would and if you don't then you're a lying, thieving bastard. If your word means nothing, then you are worth nothing.

>literally everything in society

if you didn't realize society was already pants on head retarded by the time you turned 12, you were already designed to be a drone. Get to work, grommet

Because you borrowed money to go to school. If you didn't feel the education would be worth the expense, why did you go?

Accounting

If you're not brilliant enough to get the government to pay for your college, then you don't deserve to go anyway.
You would be better flipping burguers instead

Random question: what does t. [name] mean?

Good luck getting a passport after you default. You can also look forward to the gov taking it out of your social security, and from anyone that cosigned too.

Because you deserved to get punished for choosing politically correct degree

>mfw no student loans
>mfw when job in my field
>mfw dropped out of meme college and have no degree

>accountant
>doesn't understand accounts payable and accounts receivable
Sure you'll do great, OP!

The entire global economic system is just a Jew power funnel.

If you don't realize that, you are the problem.

Finnish regards

I understand it just fine

I had my student load written off for being "disabled"

>Why should I pay my student loans?

why don't you just curl up in the fetal position and die while you're still sucking off your mother?

get a job faggot. Get more experience, get more money, pay your loans, get more money.

You had an experience that 80% of the world would give their left testicle for. Stop being a whiny faggot

Even in STEM you can get fucked over.

If you have a non shit degree then paying it off should be easy. And if you actually had a job in high school and/or college then you should have some savings to put towards it ahead of time.

Right, user?

Frankly our expensive colleges are the only thing holding people back from becoming brainwashed by the crazier fields of study and are the one of the only current forms of punishment for people who go into those fields. I would support free education if we axed everything but STEM and a few reformed social sciences.

I have 18k in debts, how long would that take to pay off?

>didn't join the military
>will now be debt slave 4 lyfe

you fucked up OP

Couldn't, heart problems, they wouldn't take me.

How's greece affording a proxy?

>PAY DENBTS

that doesn't really answer his question

Congratulations, you've wasted your entire life, I guess.

Don't get a fucking loan for a school and degree you can't pay back. If you have a loan bigger than $20,000 for a bachelor's degree you fucking fucked up and don't deserve to pass on your genes.

What if you want to but can't?

There seems to be problem here, and it's not the student....

Maybe you should pay more in taxes? With less money being squeezed from businesses, they will have more money to hire college students.

Thats for old fucks

Why did you take the loans out if you couldn't pay them? How are people so ignorant about how credit works? It isn't complicated

Dumbass that's not how student loans work, it's your old bitchy Olga that won't die and bitches at you about how you wasted you life for the past 90 years

Is there anything worse than faggots who defend paying for college?

Also sometimes they'll only hand you bits of your loans per TERM, not all at once. Making it harder for you to pay living expenses

Its fucking bullshit. We pay for the fire dpt and the police dpt for everyone else, health care and college should be there.

Also there should be a program that gives Americans a set amount of money to purchase food guaranteed, for those living in poverty

yes it does.

He get a loan to invest in his future. Failur to pay loan or attempt to pay loan translates to his investment failing, which would make OP a failure, sucking off his mother till he dies

The U.S. government has never defaulted on a debt.

Most likely your student loans are federal loans.

Ergo, bullshit.

I'm Not against paying for college. I'm against government funding college, causing hyper inflated tuition costing more than a house

You can't bankruptcy out of student loans

so random wordstrings?

The real question is, why did you take a loan if you don't know how to repay it?

Another millennial here, also a student.

University shouldn't be free. It's intended to set you up for the world of work by giving you a skill in a specific area; STEM, Law, Econ, etc. The problem arises in that most millennials don't understand responsibility and believe that loans and bank overdrafts are 'free money'. Often they want to go to university for the 'experience', which to them involves spending 3 years of their lives drinking too much and fucking strangers instead of working. Then you have the bullshit degrees that universities offer that have no value outside of academia, like Gender and Woman's Studies. Those on these 'courses' come out of university with a 2:2 and no experience and have the audacity to think that this entitles them to a good job. Then they complain again when no-one wants to hire them to they have to flip burgers to make ends meet.

Nothing in life is ever free. Nothing. Plan for the future or get fucked.

You can get the same government subsidized loans and go to community college for 1/3 of the cost of a 4-year school.

You should pay your loans because you signed a contract saying you would. You didn't HAVE to go to college or take out loans, but you did, and you said you would pay them back. So do it, faggot.

If OP is cool with being a failure, he shouldn't pay his loans. Healthcare is overrated anyway when you get get a back of opiates on the corner on the cheap

>his education isn't free
>he doesn't do a degree that he loves to become a high school teacher
my shitposting will be state funded eventually

Variety of countries pay for college and their disposable income is just fine if you have a good degree for a job there

You think you're the first generation that ever had student loans?
Stop being a fucking baby and man up to your responsibilities.

Student loans cannot be discharged by bankruptcy. If you owe the federal government, you are never off the hook.

Generally, if you refuse to pay, their garnish your wages and tax refunds for the rest of your life.

Cut all welfare.

There, now every millennial can get a job, healthcare becomes affordable, and old people have to work just like back before the welfare state.

You might reach a more sympathetic ear if you asked why you should pay student loans while illegal immigrants go to school for free or get in-state tuition. THAT'S WHAT YOUR ARGUMENT SHOULD BE.

Should I just kill myself and say fuck it? The loans will still get paid, probably by my parents.

But should I just say fuck them? Seems like that would be the right thing for me to do at this point..

Why does it matter, since my life was already taken to pay for my shitty college administration.

>old evil people are white
>the younger "oppressed" people look Mexican or some shit
God damn Horsey is such a fucking faggot.

Can we please full on Ben Garrison that faggot?

because if you dont theyll take all your shit.
seriously though get a fucking job. there are guaranteed employment jobs fucking everywhere. garbage men, dogshit collectors, living signs, i mean go damn. try to get the garbage man job because a) its fucking easy b) they WILL take you c)it pays really well and d) GOVT PAYCHECK BOOIII

>It's old peoples fault that dumb kids ran up thousands in debt while getting a liberal arts degree

why should i pay my loans
"my"

And the niggers on welfare either get jobs or starve, and the Mexicans go home. Everybody wins.

Also Horsey is a faggot.

so will your bitterness after one year teaching brats

debt is a spook

because you need to make sure those kike banks make their money back and then some extra for giving you the privilege to attend college.

Did you get a parent plus loan? If not nobody owes anything after you're dead.

>i'm a young hip millenial i believe in socialized healthcare which the government can afford for me! they just go into debt and boom there it is
>i can do this too AND i don't see why i have to repay it
>of course you have to pay taxes you stupid right-winger! how else can we pay back the national debt

You probably should kill yourself since you overpaid for a worthless degree and now will wreck your ability to ever get anything on credit for the rest of your adult life.

Not really. Illegals getting in-state tuition doesn't make OP any better of a person.

If you play the game of race and ethnicity, then other whites who don't live up to their word are trash, and just make the rest of us who are responsible look bad.

Cutting welfare won't work, because honestly, welfare accounts for a lot less money than entitlements like Medicare and Social Security, which people have paid into throughout their working lives.

>The U.S. government has never defaulted on a debt.
That's because everyone who'd try to get their money back would get Quaddafi'd. Why else do you need an extensive network of the military bases across the earth 20 years after the end of the Cold War.

>2 time pulitzer prize winner
>high demand political cartoonist
>4 grand to commission him a strip
>somehow a faggot because some jackshit nobody posted that in a fringe website specializing in anime discussions that's always been a scapegoat for pranksters.

In Britain we have subsidised higher education, it was only £3000 per year until recently it went to £9000 because it was getting too expensive to maintain. More schools opened which were shit, more useless courses opened like ethic women's studies, and now the graduate market is completely saturated. You need a bachelors to do anything that isn't manual labour. It's become another arbitrary qualifier employers are now forced to put in place.

Don't do it if you can't afford it, or if you can't get into a good school in a good discipline that is economically viable. These are basis principles of capitalism. University is an investment in yourself, if you're going to do it, don't make it a poor investment.

Are insect bites also spooks?

>don't go to college
>make bank from a trade
why are you listening to other people who don't make money user? Unless that person is clearing 100k a year, their opinion should be irrelevant when it comes to financial decisions. Especially teachers who clear like 30k a year and are 35 with 20k left in student loans who seem to be the ones who perpetuate this the most.

>t. user with a family of tradesman

I teach at a small college.
Was at a departmental meeting where a foreign professor gave his take on the rising costs of college in America.
He stated that in his country, you go to college and it is basically a school and that's it.
In the USA, he said, you have daycare, health clinics, SJWs demanding money for this program or that program, athletics. SJWs think money for all these programs grows on trees. Do they not think that tuition increases every time the college has to fund one of their special little projects of safe spaces? They demand Gender Studies and African-American Studies Depts--these are programs that attract ZERO DOLLARS to the college but are instead financial burdens on the college.

So then you support the notion that the United States has never defaulted on a debt, yes? Thank you.

no

You shouldn't. Stop making any payments from here on out. Also, bernie has your back you will be fine.

Don't pay your student loans. I want this bubble to pop.

>implying I'm not an ultra chill teacher
have fun fighting for joby in the free market STEMlord

Just to add more, I used to be a student loan debt collector, anyone interested in being a complete faggot that makes money off not paying their student loans let me know

STEM here. Will pay off my loans around my 48th birthday (27 now).

A lot of my boomer friends say "why haven't you bought a house yet user!?" They really don't know/understand the situation kids are graduating with.

I have a comfy job and can pay all my bills online with enough left over to go out to lunch with my friends, so I can't complain too much. But still, it look 5 years to not live paycheck to paycheck and I will never be a home owner or be able to truly save. One expensive emergency will totally fuck me over.

Both my parents make 100k+
Both went to college and have post grad education too

US is never going to pay them either. So the point still holds.

*on time not online goddamn

How much you make?

TELL ME SENPAI

>Why should I pay my loans?

Why should anybody loan you anything in the first place given your intent?

Accountants aren't taught how to balance their own checkbook?

Fuck millennials are faggots. What's the point of learning to be an accountant if you can't even settle your own books properly?

20k in school debt is the equivalent to 20k in auto debt. Most people manage to pay off a car in 4-5 years but a whole generation of kids can't figure out how the pay the former but pay the latter at higher interest rates.

I was surprised by the lack of campus life when I studied in Germany. The school was less than a normal high school, no gym, no lounges, no cafeteria or food stops, just classrooms

they probably have it so they somehow make money if you don't pay too, theres no morality in this

seriously though how long can i go without paying before they start giving me tons of shit

This is the real answer. I could have been an electrician instead of a QA analyst, and I would have been pulling my current salary before the time I graduated from college. Instead I'm paying ~$700/month on loans for a degree that was only tangentially related to my work.

I don't hold my parents responsible but I do resent that they convinced me to go to school instead of apprenticeship.

Where did you get the impression that I don't know how to balance a checkbook? I learned that in 5th grade.

Why should I pay taxes if I didn't get a student loan. Hmmmm

we ran up that debt because the old people, aka our parents, demanded that we go to the best college we could get into or else we'd be "flipping burgers for the rest of our lives"

were we wrong to have listened to our parents user? they're our parents.