What the fuck happened Sup Forums?

What the fuck happened Sup Forums?
Is gender really a spectrum?
Is Bill Nye really a science?
Is he even an /ourgoy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wllc5gSc-N8
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/billy-nye-saves-the-world-netflix-tv-show-my-sex-junk-skit-video-a7703236.html
youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI
youtu.be/lx_VoH0C8G4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"Gender" can go ahead and be a spectrum so long as we acknowledge that "biological sex" is only to be defined as Male or Female, and that it is permanent based on what sex you were born as

>educational

Take a look at the "scientists" he gets on the show and decide for yourself
youtu.be/Wllc5gSc-N8

>What the fuck happened Sup Forums?
He's washed up.
>Is gender really a spectrum?
Yes, but sex isn't. If you're a feminine faggot who likes to wear skirts you're probably on the spectrum.
>Is Bill Nye really a science?
He's a scientist, but not a very accomplished one.
>Is he even an /ourgoy?
He made science class a little more fun, that's about it.

>because some people can have xxy or xyy there aren't just 2 genders
>just ignore the fact they look like abominations and are usually sterile

No one disputes that retard

I swear you retards argue with non existent people

People fear what they don't understand.

>40k dislikes
>~600 likes

holy shit

If gender is a spectrum, then what about race ?

Doesn't matter how many chromosomes, if you have a y, you're a male. XXXY and XYY are male and will look male (also look and be retarded, but still obviously male).

>No one disputes that retard

Even lefties are hating this show. This is a leftist newspaper in Britain:

>Billy Nye Saves the World is a science show aimed at adults but, as Gizmodo notes in its review, "delivers so little information in such a patronizing tone it’s hard to imagine a toddler, let alone a sentient adult, enjoying it."

>The nadir appears to come in episode 9 'The Sexual Spectrum', which sees Nye invite Crazy Ex-Girlfriend's Rachel Bloom on the show for an odd, has-little-to-do-with science skit called 'My Sex Junk'.

>It's a painful couple of minutes that limps its way to punchlines and sees Nye pretend to 'drop the bass'.

>With a note of sadness, one former fan wrote of the presenter's show on Reddit: "Bill always comes off as frustrated, pretentious, or lost. I kept wondering "where's that amazing guy from my childhood?"

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/billy-nye-saves-the-world-netflix-tv-show-my-sex-junk-skit-video-a7703236.html

>Yes, but sex isn't
Whats the difference?
>If you're a feminine faggot who likes to wear skirts you're probably on the spectrum.
They're definitely on a spectrum alright

Gender isn't a spectrum, though. The guy who tried to claim otherwise had his experiment contradict his theory and ended with a suicide. Gender and sex are the same thing unless you're a tranny.

Yeah that's what I meant. But it's the argument they use. At least at my university

wtf i like Bill Nye now

Gender and sex used to mean the same thing.

I guess gender is more subjective now. It still looks like there's enough sane people to keep sex as defined as male and female. Although I now hear the caveat "biological" attached to the front of it.

I feel betrayed by Bill Nye.m

>woman-loving
>womon-loving
>womyn-loving
holy shit

There's basically four races, but yes, of course its a spectrum. Unless you live in the 18th century Spanish Empire and are trying to categorize every racial admixture.

Doesn't even have Straight or Heterosexual.
Triggered.

>get off your soapbox

fucking cringe

Sex is biological. Gender is is cultural/social.

your sex is based on your chromosomes and can never be changed.

your gender is based on what sex you mentally identify yourself as and can change as you change your mind.

>no Creationists invited on the show
>just bashing "God doesn't exist"
Bill Nye has to be the biggest pleb ever.

He is so awful when it comes to being rational with what may be actually true

>MUH ATHEISTIC SCIENCE
Yeah, despite there being dozens of proof of Ghosts, supernatural forces, Kundalini energies in our body and ancient Pagan religions who's rituals are still done to this day...

Let's all forget the facts and just focus on MUH ATHEISTIC SCIENCE because if science cannot explain it, then it isn't true despite all the evidence

Gender used to mean "sex"

Now these insane clowns have twisted it to be used as a term for their "inner character"

>the gay
>teh gay

he only has a bachelor's in mechanical engineering. scientist my ass

This is what I think as well.

Unlike gender, which you have only 2 variations based on chromosomes, race isn't determined that easily, there is an infinite amount of variations.

There are all types of people, from pitch black to pure white. This isn't the case with gender.

I think the issue is that many people are trying to conflate sexual orientation with gender.

But why would anyone want to be a woman?

>only has a bachelor's in mechanical engineering

>bitchboi

I have a Masters in one month, who gives a shit.
Bachelor is piss easy.

Isn't a bachelor just 3 years of university studies (not american) ?

top kek, at least NDGTyson is a university professor.

>But why would anyone want to be a woman?
Not joking, I would love to be a young slut and seduce tones of guys.

Imagine seducing your male teacher as a school girl? THE POWER WOULD BE INCREDIBLE

I dunno. If you're a tranny, your gender is female, I guess. As in you want that to be your role in society.
But you're still a man, sexually. No matter how much they shave down your jawline.

Basically gender, like everything in the social """sciences""" is neither here nor there, while sex is still something that can be determined scientifically.

Creationists make Theists look bad m8.

that's not a PHD in Astrophysics

Try harder kiddo, 0/10

When a girl tries to seduce a teacher it's actually pretty cringy from the point of view of the teacher.
t. heterosexual male teacher

nah Creationists are very based

Bill Nye debated a Creationist and guess what? Nye fucking lost big time!
youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

I do have to hand it to Bill. He is perhaps the only atheist to debate a Creationist. People like Richard Dawkins never want to for some reason. Why? If evolution is 100% true, it should be easy to debate someone who is against it?

Just letting everyone is this thread know that according to science, whites are dumb
youtu.be/lx_VoH0C8G4

>there being dozens of proof of Ghosts, supernatural forces, Kundalini energies in our body and ancient Pagan religions who's rituals are still done to this day...
>Let's all forget the facts and just focus on MUH ATHEISTIC SCIENCE because if science cannot explain it, then it isn't true despite all the evidence
I'm gonna need some sources on this evidence.

White people are the reason civilization is still standing today. I beg to differ

Ken Ham lost big time... don't kid yourself
NDT is literally the poster boy for affirmative action

>I'm gonna need some sources on this evidence.
youtube video where a guy recorded his guitar suddenly ring a chord and white particles floated around his room. Seen it in all other ghost videos where white particles float around - this is meant to be the ghost energys.

All you have to do is go on youtube and the internet and read all the ghost sightings

Yes some are fake but majority have to be real

You just mad because bill nye fights fake science

>zach braff -reddit hero
>tim gunn -old faggot
>rachel bloom -...
>joel mchale -reddit hero
>steve aoki -le caek meme dj
>will wheaton -king cuck

what kind of a show is this....oh le ebin nostalgia science guy XDDDD

>"biological sex" is only to be defined as Male or Female,
What about herms?

kek

I thought the idea of being trans is to pass as the opposite gender, kinda ruins the point if you need your own categorization.

>Not wanting to be a little girl

I don't think anyone could enjoy this. It's actually pretty disgusting, honestly.

I was always under this impression as well. Almost as if gender was a less vulgar way of saying sex on forms and things.

*kicks knee-height*
*gets winded*

>goy

This cannot be real

This is parody-tier

Bill nye literally fucked up by falling for the kikes ploys

>Used to actually talk about science
>now he caters to snowflakes despite it's all about mental illness

This kind of shit didn't work for MTV, Buzzfeed, or Comedy Central. So why are they still doing this shit?

no its a predominantly bimodal distribution with variations in the 99.7th percentile

XYY men are of above average height are fertile. The condition is usually undiagnosed. I wonder how many tallfags I see actually have the XYY or even if I have it since none of my relatives are tall, while I am.

>straight
>straight?
>straightly queer

oh god my sides

Because the people who make these kinds of shows don't care about social justice, just money. Bill Nye probably knows he's saying complete bullshit, but he wants another show and the best thing to do is to focus it on the kinds of people who watch TBBT.

>male lesbian
i guess thats me

SJWs have been proven time and time again to not be a profitable target audience, though.

Kek
>not being an android

in the uk we have brain cox

watch one of his series and then watch this

Yeah, that's why this show is being recieved so poorly. The people who make TV shows are always three steps behind popular culture.

So, I guess they are trying to give Trump another 4 years?

Hermaphrodites are like natural trannies. They have both XX and XY chromosomes naturally, so they should have the right to choose whichever gender they most identify with - considering that they were never even given the option to be definitively male or female from birth.

If it came down to it, they could just check both the M and F checkboxes for a medical report, because they really are a bit of both anyway.

>hi i identify as a stone and i'm an amoeba

Masters in Engineering in a month?

4 options total

>Male
>Female
>Both (hermaphrodite, super rare)
>Niether (asexual, super rare)

That is fucking it. There is no spectrum.

asexuality has nothing to do with your sex or gender. Its not an option.

Well, in a month I have to turn in my thesis.

super rare options are exceptions, there is no reason to add two more categories. With nearly all divisions into groups you eventually end up with some exceptions not fitting in either category.

I can't comprehend giving a shit either way. If some dude wants to be called a girl, I don't give a shit. It's not going to hurt me to just play along for a bit. That's their own life.

Playing along is dishonest. If they want to feel that way, fine for them. But don't expect me to indulge their head fantasies

Race has infinite dimensions, but big clusters everywhere that are easily mappable and visible in just a couple dimensions

You can reduce the dimensions with stasticical dimensionality reduction techniques such as principal component analysis

>Gender Nazi

Que?

>Both
Incorrect, there has been no reported case of a hermaphroditic individual having both sexual organs develop through puberty.

No, even growing up I was taught that sex was biological and gender is what you identify as

Always remember, the user score is much more insightful and tangible than the critics consensus. Always.

I don't give a shit if it's dishonest. I just don't get intentionally acting like a dick, you know? It's like when I'd work retail and the town's retard would start telling me these bullshit stories. You just reply with "Oh, that's cool." Maybe ask them some questions about it. No part of me felt like it was necessary to call the guy a fucking liar you know?

I do know, but I feel compelled to be a dick about it because this society has wronged me

There not even options because you don't get to choose them.

Oh well you're just a fucking loser then, man.

49 ratings, wow amazing.

tfw a polysnuggler

Yeah but you type like a faggot. I hope for your sake you're actually a girl because you have a very feminine aura and seem like you may have consumed some marijuana recently

Sex is what they're going after next to warp the definition of

Steven Crowder

Were you born in 1997?

>yfw even the Mythbusters believe this shit.

That's just Adam Savage.

Who is a LE GEEK who naturally would go along with this garbage.

You type like the closest you've come to a "feminine aura" is when your mom squeezed you out of her snatch.

DAY OF THE MICROWAVE WHEN

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEN

*punches you*