Why do all the flags in this region look relatively similar?

Why do all the flags in this region look relatively similar?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisalpine_Republic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck off, retard.

Peru has the best flag. Prove me wrong.

>el peruANO

why is Chile so long and thin?

Because they're new world countries so their flags are basically MS paint creations with no history behind them. I mean, Argentina has a fucking sun with a nigger face on it. The Brazilian flag has "order and progress" on it despite it being a corrupt third world country. USA stole their flag from the British east india company and their national anthem is an old English pub song about shagging and drinking

Why are you mad, Nicaragua?

Four other Latin American countries have similar flags, you fucking faggot.

they don't?

imagine the amount of autism it takes to care and think about the flag design of other countries

DER PERUANER*

>why is the best flag in the world copied by several other coutnries that look like shitty bootleg versions when compared to the original

really made me think

t.light blue El Salvador

Which Spic shithole has the worst flag?

Argentina has the most aesthetically pleasant flag in America.

Los estados unidos

america probably

>animefag from Mendoza thinks his shitty country’s flag is the most aesthetic

Faggot. Uruguay’s flag is even better than yours.

Los Estados Unidos de América

Texas

>in America

Argentina isn't part of America, you macaco. We're not a Spanish speaking hellhole full of Amerindians and Italians

Estados Unidos de America

>Uruguay's flag is even better
absolute kek

also
>being this obsessed
alright José, back to mowing somebody else's lawn.

>be american
>kneel
>can't get up, too fat
>get shot

SOPA

DE

MACACO

>Argentina isn't part of America
>The Americas (also collectively called America)

de Mexico?

I was about to correct you, until I realized there's no difference.

Andes mountains are inbetween the countries

LOS

>sharing a language with El Salvador and Venezuela
>speaking the Esperanto of Narotrafficking
>the shithole of ArgJUSTina

>a fucking collage

>the flag of my country is the best because i was born in it
Are you 12?

>US
>Spanish speaking hellhole full of Amerindians and Italians

user, do I have some news for you...

you misspelled USA

>this entire thread
bullseye

TOP KEK M8

I mean, I don't think we can get rid of the bias, but I legitimately think our flag is the best one.

2bf congolombia is a close second.

PARAGUAY 1834 FLAG BEST FLAG

all created around the same time by people inside similar political circles

greetings and welcome to Sup Forums
from which shithole board was this thread transplanted? :)

Sup Forums

paraguayans are the worst posters on this site by a light year

yeah i was about to mention it
all the flags have historical ties among them and most (not really all) have to do with France and freemasonry
in this sense Bolivia is the most creative one (the colors at least), and Panama and Dominican Republic.. sort of (in the shape at least)

how is it going? do you rate Griezmann?

remind me why we didn't finish the job back in 1870 again

>4 free

Brazil has the best one and is one of the more unique among the samey american continent flags

IF you remove the eagle from the Mexican flag, it looks like Italy's flag

ah yeah i frogot about Brazil flag
it's like when you have a 20 pound benign tumor and you end up not going to surgery and you get used to it
yes their flag is the most original

Italy "copied" the mexican flag though. check the years

Bolivia uses fugly Africaa-tier colours though. Same goes for Suriname

Gib former Brazilian flag pls. I like the warmer yellow as opposed to the canary yellow is uses now

...... green-yellow-red is still the quintessential african colors though
still very original compared to tricolors, i admit

Our flag is the most patrician for sure

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisalpine_Republic

>We're not a Spanish speaking hellhole full of Amerindians and Italians
Um.....

>inb4 "stole it from texas"
check the years

>1797
i stand corrected

texas is not a real country pal

Didn't the Cisalpine Republic exist before Mexico?

We (the Netherlands) were quite unique in using a tricolour, until pretty much half the world started using them

Texas's flag looks completely different than Chile's.

Also, one of these places is a third world, Spic infested hellhole full of short Mestizos blasting reggaeton and the other isn't

sick joke monkey, i wonder how much time did it take you to come up with that

no, they both are.

tfw everyone else fell for the horizontal meme

Los Estados Globianos de America

should have stuck to orange-white-navy blue
anyways we stole our flag from the Republic of France. even have the phrygian hat in our coat of arms

>el gorrito frigio

está en todos lados, me cago en Francia.

don't get angry little man

>orange-white-navy blue
yeah, the orange looks way better. Too bad it has an association with our local Neo-Nazis + the fact that it looks similar to Apartheid South Africa

that is one ugly shade of orange 2bh.
a different one would be a lot better.
and your current blue is also a lot better.

Yes, it's so shitty that a flag should evolve with the country and reflect its multinational origins.

>Globianos

wtf is that?

something about globe domination probably
fucking ameriboos mang...

This is the antecedent to the Mexican flag, it is the banner under which Spanish troops in New Spain, led by Iturbide, joined the insurgents led by Guerrero after the betrayal of the 1812 constitution which would have guaranteed full equality for all subjects of the Spanish Empire. The three guarantees that were promised were Catholic religion (white) Independence (green) and union (red) as obviously the new nation was in part inspired by the ideals of the French revolution the flag was turned into a similar tricolour design with the coat of arms added as signifying the nation's identity as heir to the Aztec Empire, this is also where the name "Mexico" comes from, it having been the kingdom ocupying the lands of the Empire and the central and most important part of New Spain.

In the modern flag red is generally regarded as blood (as in blood shed by Mexicans in their fight, but also uniting them in brotehrhood, hence union) green as hope, but also sovereignity and the land itself, hence the independence of the three guarantees, and white as peace and identity (it's where the seal is located) as the secular values that replaced religion, it can also be interpreted as equality using the symbolism of the flag of France.

There's nothing random about it, the vexilloid of the Aztecs had used green prominently as quetzal feathers and their war emblem had been a slightly different version of the current Mexican seal. Likewise it looks like the flags of France and Italy because it is inscribed in the same revolutionary tradition, other than Guatemala (which is a bit of a weird mix in between the flags of Mexico and Argentina) and maybe Perú, not a tricolour proper but following a similar design.

should have stuck to that original design
not many old flags were diagonal

It's not a copy, Mexico's flag predates the existence of Italy. Both Mexico's and Italy's flags are based on the French tricolor. The Cisalpine flag is the colors of Milan (red and white) plus green for the Milanese civil guard, it's a bit random that all Italians ended united under a Lombardian flag, I've explained the origins of the Mexican colors in a manner independent of Italy. Yes, some flags look alike, doesn't make them copies of each other.

Also there's subtle nuances, the flags each use different proportions and Mexico's colors are slightly darker than Italy's, this is actually easily noticeable for the green.

There were a few precedents to that design that were tricolors, including one with an eagle, as I tried to explain the design of our flag isn't random and the use of a tricolour is historically/symbolically the more appropiate.

If we were going with cool flags I like pictured a lot better but this is all about what it's appropiate, otherwise you end up like Panama whose flag's history is X president's wife designed it.

A slight variant of that flag is still in use as our naval jack

noice
btw i googled it and maybe you stopped using it because it's the First Empire flag?
like "we republic nao, let's use vertical stripes liek France"?

Not really the empire established that flag, and the republic just took the crown off
The eagle has changed position a lot of times tho