Doctor Who General - /who/ - PLEASE COME TO BRAZIL Edition

Welcome to /who/, the Doctor Who general!

Last General: Episodes or books in Brazil when? Comics doesn't count.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i6s7klgG8nk
youtube.com/watch?v=P0DalMShYMM
youtube.com/watch?v=T1qhXMnxFEY
youtube.com/watch?v=npkYRsMuZyM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Foon fuckas

>brazil

>people defend Voyage of the Damned

Oh it's so awful it's great. Just completely batshit. Might be the best episode of NuWho to drink while watching.

Good Afternoon, Cloister

To be fair, that couple was comfy and adorable, and Ten's speech was pretty GOAT.

There's just... one particularly stupid thing everyone seems to remember.

>pic related

sixth for

Cats is fucking disgusting.
Calling everyone reddit (whatever that means), forcing his opinion as the only correct one, hating everything single piece of Doctor Who before series 8.

A good afternoon to you too. There's also 10 walking away from the fire in slowmo, and Alonso doing his best scarface impression during the firefight montage. Foon and friends were GOAT. Little red spikey man was pretty based too.
For shame!

It was another RTD "The Doctor is literally a God" wankfest that began with Last of the Time Lords and continued into The End of Time.

It's comfy.

Agreed, however Voyage was quite fun.

Aw gawd

>I forgot about that because I'm looking at everything though ROSE TINTED GLASSES wink wink nudge nudge

Pilot was PURE TRASH
NuWho is shit
moffat was shit
chibnall will kill nuwho

and that's a good thing

heather is PURE WETFU

Does anyone know what site the /Who/ rates Who survey was made on?

this

>The Doctor and Bill arrive at the last of the great frost fairs, and find themselves investigating a string of impossible disappearances - people have been vanishing on the ice! Bill is about to discover that the past is more like her world than she expected, and that not all monsters come from outer space...

P A T R I A R C H Y

A

T

R

I

A

R

C

H

Y

>RTD made 10 a vain, selfish, egotistical asshole who thought he was god
>that just made him more popular with fangirls

samefag

stop it

Could Dollard be any less subtle?

I actually realised that
>not all monsters come from outer space...
just refers to the river serpent.

Google Docs.

I made the survey if you have any questions.

How do right wing people even end up in this place?

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be refer to both the sea creature and Mr. "Not at All a Bad Guy" Lord.

Thanks user - much appreciated :)

GOD I LOVE THIS MEME

FUCK OFFERINO

>you have to be right wing to be unexcited for next week
Face the Raven was fine, but nothing shown so far makes me happy. Doctor Who has done some good political allegory before like Curse of Peldaon, but Thin Ice looks ham fisted as fuck. This kind of thing works best when it's actually more fully divorced from the real world, instead of it literally being old white guy vs. ethnically diverse street urchins.

>don't you dare disagree with me on my safe space!

we haven't even seen any politics wtf are you talking about you autist

>expecting no politics from Sarah "fuck the patriarchy" Dollard

No politics in face the raven

KINO

I hope Smile "kino" user killed himself

it was kino though

Does anyone around here know about and like Mike Bartlett? I want to feel excited about this series again.

Greetings, greetings, greetings! Well, I seem to be stuck in the sodding Time Vortex, AGAIN! So I can’t assist you. This is one of the many regrets in my life. Goodbye, my dears!

he is left wing

That really doesn't tell me anything, but ok.

He is a multi-Olivier Award winning dramatist who's written some great and imaginative plays met with huge audience and critical success, his TV show seems to have gone down well too. He's the closest thing to a celebrity guest writer this series, which means despite all signs pointing to it being excellent his episode will inexplicably turn out to be a disaster.

Who else is celebrity guest writer?

dubs and knock knock will be the best episode of s10

Neil Gaiman could probably have been considered one, and we all saw how Nightmare in Silver went

Silly goose, we all know it will be Extremis

dubs and the finale is GOAT

dubs and extremis is the best episode of new who

dubs and we stop doing dumb dubs posts they're fucking retarded

Already checked here:

dubs and chris marshall is in episode 8

dubs and hayley atwell is the next doctor

You didn't think it would be so easy, did you?

dubs and my balls will forever itch

The Pilot and Smile were shit. Thin Ice doesn't look any better. The real series starts with Knock Knock.

fucking embarrassing guys
watch and learn
gatiss episode will actually be good this year

dubs and the doctor falls is VNA level dark

I thought you were a old man?

The Pilot was good.
Smile was average but watchable compared to some episodes of s6 and s7.

What?

Thin Ice will be better than either of the previous two episodes.

dubs and danny is the worst character of nuwho

Checked

This is true.

I honestly wasn't wowed by either. But I haven't rewatched them so I'll probably give them a rewatch this Saturday. Just thought the ending to Smile made no sense, "they killed your families but they don't remember, deal with it".

I truly hope so.

YOU'VE BEEN BTFO

I liked them. Smile kinda fell apart in the last few minutes. Kind of felt like the painted themselves into a corner story wise and ran out of time. Not sure about thin ice. Going in with 0 expectations.
Old is probably a bit subjective, but I am a man? What's it got to do with Foon?

The best meme is when someone repeats something you said endlessly.

The best meme is when someone repeats something you said endlessly.

When the fook are the reviews for next ep coming out?

The Pilot was fine. Smile was fine until the last 10 minutes, that's where it shat the bed. Who thought that was a good solution? Oh and for God's sake, the "they're sentient, they're alive" twist is overused as fuck. Thinking about it that's literally a softer Empty Child remake.

When the fook are the reviews for next ep coming out?

Is it kino? Worth checking out?
Synopsis feels super comfy.

>they're sentient, they're alive" twist is overused as fuck
Yea, it's a pretty common trope, but that's kind of Doctor Who's wheelhouse. There's not alot in NuWho that someone out there couldn't call derivative or cliche`. In PCaps era I could only make a strong argument for that not to be the case is maybe flatline or heaven sent and I'm pretty sure I've seen people deconstruct those down to reshuffled themes from other scifi stories here. It's been around for 50 years. They're going to retread alot of ground, and perhaps that's why NuWho seems more character driven.

Well, I think you should watch series itself and olnly after go listen to the soundtrack. But, you know, it's your choise.

Yes, I know that it's not funny. Fuck off!

I feel like Doctor Who is best when it rips off something and adds Doctor to it, creating the new spin.

Emergent sentient AI is very overused though and spin isn't new.

Tbh I liked the character bits, they were pretty sweet and well written. I really like Bill (that "loving that day out" was really good). But that's pretty much everything I liked about Smile.

Is Maths Mansion canon?

youtube.com/watch?v=i6s7klgG8nk

God, I forgot how adorable Maria was.

I'd be inclined to agree, with the exception of Gatiss. His homage's and attempts at pastiche in DW just doesn't work for me at least, despite having a horror power level over 9000. He's great at comedic banter, wish he'd play to that more.
Well that's what I enjoyed mostly. Pearl's asBill is really great, she's so sweet (asBill) and you can tell the Doctor kind of adores her in a truly paternal way.

This is the superior Simmkino

How long before I should be concerned that a Big Finish order hasn't arrived yet?

Bought both the Lost Stories and Fifth Doctor bundles on 9th and 13th of April respectively and they are still at status "Payment Completed".

Yes, it's Goat. Ashes to Ashes wasn't as great.

Who /reversingtheanonymization/ here?

>reversingtheanonymization
What?

Yes.

Hi, Cloister Bello. I wish you died right now.

I reckon that the likelihood of Captain Jack returning to Doctor Who will be greatly increased when Chris Chibnall takes over because he has a much deeper relationship with John Barrowman, having been the effective co-showrunner of Torchwood.
He knows Barrowman wants to do it, it would be a good story generating media interest, would provide a link of continuity to the previous Doctors, and would give him something he knows how to write for, which might be welcome in comparison to a whole new series with a new Doctor and possible new companion.
So i'm calling it now: Captain Jack will feature in at least one episode of series 11.

youtube.com/watch?v=P0DalMShYMM

I, for one, welcome the return of Captain Jack to Doctor Who.

>he has a much deeper relationship with John Barrowman

mmmmmmmmm

Yes, if you are even tempted, its a minor classic and comfy as fuck.

One of the best BBC shows of the decade.

Ashes to Ashes is also worthwhile. Its not as good as LoM but its far from bad and it does wrap everything up.

someone do the smile thing on this scene

is press gang any good? I haven't seen moffat's early work and I have a crush on julia sawalha

yes

cool thanks
is dark season any good? I haven't seen rtd's early work and I have a crush on kate winslet

>WHERE DO YOU EVEN START TO WATCH THIS SHOW???
For classic Who, I kind of like "The Face of Evil" as a starting point for somebody with little or no exposure to the show. It's partway into the Tom Baker era (the most popular and recognizable of the Doctors, in the middle of what I think of as the golden age of classic Who). Why partway in? If you start at the beginning, you start in the middle of a situation established during the previous Doctor's era. The Face of Evil is a good episode and starts you out when the Doctor's previous companion has left and he's (briefly) all on his own.

I say watch forward from that point until you eventually get to the point where the show's quality declines and you start to lose interest (if you make it all the way to the end, that's great, you obviously love the show, but it does go downhill), and then jump back to the point of your choosing. If you're enthusiastic and think you have the stamina, you could jump back to the very beginning of the show. Alternately, you could jump back to the beginning of the 3rd Doctor (with Spearhead from Space), which is also the point where the show began to be produced all in color, rather than black and white. I honestly find the early 3rd Doctor stuff to be overly stretched out and boring (a bunch of 7 episode stories where he's trapped on Earth), but maybe a couple of seasons into it is where we enter the golden age of classic Who.

Anyway, good places to start classic Who:
--partway into the 4th Doctor's era with The Face of Evil (like I suggested)
--the beginning of the 4th Doctor's era with Robot (you'll start off in a situation inherited from the previous Doctor, but it's not like it's hard to follow, and you'll soon be off in space anyway)
--the beginning of the 3rd Doctor's era with Spearhead from Space (there's a clean break from the 2nd Doctor's era and the really good period begins in this era, but I find the early stories to be too stretched out and boring)

no

youtube.com/watch?v=T1qhXMnxFEY

(look out for Moffat in this)

who /lbg/ here

youtube.com/watch?v=npkYRsMuZyM

It's great