Queen Latifah Producing "Less White" Scream TV Reboot For MTV

>THR confirms today that none of the cast members from the previous two seasons will be coming back for the six-episode third season of “Scream,” which just nabbed Brett Matthews (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Supernatural”) as its new showrunner. Additionally, Queen Latifah, Shakim Compere and Yaneley Arty have come aboard as executive producers via Latifah’s Flavor Unit Entertainment banner.

>The new season will feature a new cast, storyline and location, and THR notes that it will be “less white” and “more inclusive” than what we’ve seen from the series so far. They write, “the series looks to put a new spin on a proved concept that has not been embraced on the small screen.”

bloody-disgusting.com/news/3434195/mtvs-scream-rebooted-queen-latifah/

This is a good change, the most horrifying thing about Scream was it's ethno-normative casting choices.

Who cares Scream hasn't been relevant for 17 years

The last two seasons were literal garbage.

But yet, they've found a way to make it worse.

Good job MTV, proud of you. Keep it up!

I didn't watch before i sure as hell won't watch now.

((Weinstein)) always seem to show up to put their kikery to work on any project possible.

At least they can't take LOTR away from us, though they did rape the Hobbit beyond repair.

People still watch MTV? Yet another show living in the shadow of something better.

They should just re-name the show at this point.

Enjoy less ratings

>more inclusive

Who wants to guess how many Asians, Latinos, Native Americans, Arabs, and Indians will be in the show?

Less white? There were tons of niggers in Scream.

nothing screams quality more than queen latifah

You guys are all overreacting to be quite honest. They're trying to make the show more realistic and reflective of todays society. They're just going to change the scream mask from white to brown.

WE

Not really.

Hope its good.

Aren't "Scary Movies" less white Scream?

>it's a "Another Small Petty Revenge Against Them Evil Whites" episode

>Scream is about a bunch of white people getting murdered making the show less white
>Inclusive Scream is about a white person killing lots of minorities making the show more white

seems kind of counter intuitive to me MTV

Stavos and his father. Le smart nigger chick that was annoying as fuck. I also remember an Asian girl. Not to forget Audrey, a lesbian kike was the main character. Plus all white males were the bad guys in the end. But no, this wasn't enough for MTV.
Anyway, another serie dropped.

>Scream

fuckin
who cares?

let her replace the original entirely with her own version filled with trannies and abbos if it keeps the bitch occupied

fuckin nothing of value of lost.

that said, what's with the frequency of "MTV NEWS!" posts on this board? is it possible s o m e o n e is trying to market virally by disguising themselves as part of the hipster youth; sharing their political/social beliefs and priorities simply to sell a product?

If you can make a statement racist by changing the ethnicity represented in the statement, the statement is racist.
saying you're making something "less black" would be racist, ergo, they are engaging in casual racism freely and without remorse.
I hate this fucking planet

"Holla"

>Queen Latifah Producing "Less White" Scream TV Reboot For MTV

And? What's your point? Should only white people be allowed to be on TV?

>THR notes that it will be “less white” and “more inclusive”

This shit is so normalized now it's fucking disgusting. Just imagine someone casually talking about how it's great that they made a new season of something popular, because it's made "less ethnic". You would have a public outcry and people would be fired.

They've gone so far up their ass with this shit they simultanously think they can criticise any race swap that turns a character whiter (even if in reality that character is played by a jew or algerian or egyptian), while also praising and lauding all cases where white characters are recast into primarily black actors.

>"Lets make this show black focused instead of white focused!"
>targeting 13% of the population instead of 72%

Enjoy your dead ratings and loss of ad revenue.

>it will be “less white” and “more inclusive”
At least they're no longer pretending that "inclusiveness" and "diversity" mean anything but "less white"

Ill miss Emma's nice bum

It's multifaceted.

>If the race in question was anything but 'white', the people making this statement would be called racist
>There's an underlying subtext of "anything original starring minorities doesn't sell so we need to shoehorn them into existing franchises"
>Irish, Russian, German, Finnish, Scottish, Swedish, French, British, etc. etc. all lumped together as "white" and called non-diverse whereas a cast of all blacks is 'diverse'

the list goes on

HOL UP

So YOU BE SAYIN

>Irish
>white
Haha.

>which just nabbed Brett Matthews (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Supernatural”) as its new showrunner

But he's whit-oh ok I see why now.

Don't tell me, tell the people in the media industries

wasn't bella's skinny, untalented ass in this?

fuck them
Season 2 ended with a cliffhanger
She was in it like Drew Barrymore was in Scream the Movie

yeah, she was the opening kill in season 1

underrated

I'd be ok with this reboot on 3 conditions

>1. They bring back the movie mask, not the shit one from seasons 1/2
>2. They bring back Roger L. Jackson as the voice
>3. The plot actually revolves around and is a commentary on the slasher genre/slasher movies and isn't just a generic slasher show

Basically, if you are going to call a show Scream, base it on Scream.

>do you like scary movies?
>YO WHO DIS? WHO DIS?
>I'm going to cut you into little pieces
>SHIIIIIET NIGGA YOU DONE FUCKED UP NOW

Can't wait to hear people complaining about how all the black people are getting killed.

Knee-grow status: uppity

>It's a child welfare payment episode

A cast of full of niggers, gays, trannies etc. getting killed one by one in various gory, bloody ways sounds good to me.

>it's the killer gets shot by a stray bullet in an unrelated drive by shooting episode

BLACKED Photoshop when?

>All black cast
>Nobody survives the first episode

So its now publicly acceptable to be racist against white people. Back and forth it goes. Its so pathetic how limited people are. Should just line up the racists like this bitch and shoot them.

the worst part is how racist the people championing for blacks can be

>WOW LOOK
>this 14 year old black kid built his own PC

That's impressive for any normie, neckbeard.

The first two seasons were shit, but it had this appeal. It was awful but charming in it's shittiness. The few great characters made it worth it, Noah, Audrey, Brook, Brook's dad, shame we wont get to see them any more.

>the ghost faced killer executes his first victim streaming live to facebook, revealing his face and name. After going on a two day roadtrip he gets caught and kills himself

>The plot actually revolves around and is a commentary on the slasher genre/slasher movies
That was always the weakest part of the Scream movies. How about no, focus on making it a solid slasher.

what's the issue?
all of these "inclusive" remakes have been shit.
let these idiots continue to do them so an extensive catalog can exist of "stupid shit no one asked for"

kek she can't even carry a full episode, fucking cokehead whore

the whole point of Scream is that the killer is using the rules of a slasher. Its entire plot (and the impact it had on popular culture) is based around the meta nature of its story.

To say that its unimportant or the weakest part is like saying they should get rid of the dream elements of the next Nightmare on Elm Street film and focus just on being a slasher.

>less white

Dropped

But seriously the more they shoe horn in "intersectionalities" the more our differences become the focus. There is no endgame except increased discrimination & racism.

Well with all those blacks then who is going to die first?

Are you retarded? In 1 - 3 one of the killers in each movie kills people because of some revenge trip, accompanied with generic crazy ass hole in parts 1 and 2. We'll leave 4 out of the equation because Craven went full retard with Emma Roberts having the dumbest fucking motivation I've ever seen in a slasher movie. The killer isn't intentionally orchestrating his murders around the "rules of a slasher", he's killing people that way because in real life, that would be the most effective way to kill people you dumb fuck.

The Scream films are generic slasher films. Entertaining ones (excluding that god awful 4th movie, obviously). But that's it. Entertaining slasher movies. The characters occasionally mention other horror movies and clichés. This is not some meta take on the genre. The Cabin in the Woods is deconstructing the genre.
>m-m-m-more like r-r-reddit in the w-woods
Regardless of how "reddit" that movie is, that's an example of a meta horror film. I'll even list that god awful piece of shit Behind the Mask film as an example.
>b-b-b-but jamie kennedy just talked about a horror movie cliché, s-s-see, s-s-scream is g-g-g-genius
Fuck off.

I bet the villains will still be white though.

better mean more hispanics and asians, because the nigger population has been declining for 30 years.

>Whites create almost everything of value in the modern world
>"We need fewer white people!"

These apes won't realize how stupid they are until whites are gone.

They don't care, they are perfectly happy living in disease and squalor as it is their natural habitat.

how about making a "more black" original series instead of robbing the intellectual property of a dead man

That's because white people are always oppressing and them and preventing them from creating great things.

He looks like a less fun version of joe from impractical jokers

>Emma Roberts having the dumbest fucking motivation I've ever seen in a slasher movie
What was it? I don't remember

Sidney was famous because she survived the murders in the first three films. Emma Roberts is not famous. She is jealous. She wants to kill Sidney.

Don't worry, they'll feel the pain.

>tfw Europe transmitted psychic oppression rays into Africa for tens of thousands of years before they arrived so they could use their guns and steel swords to kill the flint-chucking loincloth-wearing Africans

What? Scream is widely regarded as one of the first meta horror films. Google the words "meta" and "Scream" and you'll find a number of results speaking to that fact. Hell, I've taken film classes that specifically reference Scream in discussion of meta films. The characters are self-aware, the rules are frequently referenced both by the characters and the marketing; most of the movies revolve around the characters trying to figure out who the killer is or what may happen next based on established genre elements and trends of the slasher film, the effects of horror on society are satirized, etc...

>>>b-b-b-but jamie kennedy just talked about a horror movie cliché, s-s-see, s-s-scream is g-g-g-genius

Self awareness is a meta element. Maybe not a strong deconstructive element, but a meta element nonetheless

Whether you like it or not, Scream is a meta horror film. Everyone fucking knows this. Its a key element which made it popular and differentiated it from the rest.

I'm aware that the series somehow gained this reputation. Most critics and film school students are subhuman cattle. I can only imagine one critic somehow came to this ill gotten conclusion and now all retards parrot it because they want to pretend they "get" it when there's nothing to get.

>The characters are self-aware, the rules are frequently referenced both by the characters and the marketing
They aren't self-aware though. They talk about other horror movie clichés and then proceed to fall victim to the very same clichés they just mentioned.

>The characters are self-aware, the rules are frequently referenced both by the characters and the marketing; most of the movies revolve around the characters trying to figure out who the killer is or what may happen next based on established genre elements and trends of the slasher film
Yes, the characters mention the events of other horror movies, why is this supposed to be genius? I haven't seen it but there's a 1981 horror comedy called Student Bodies, I've been told it does exactly what Scream did but much more intelligently and is nowhere near as pretentious.

>Self awareness is a meta element.
Maybe it would work if the characters were ever able to defy any of the killer's tricks using their knowledge. The only time this ever happens is in the Scream 3 finale when Sidney brings two guns and a bulletproof vest.

It's funny Scream has got the reputation for subverting horror movie clichés. For a series that's really up it's own ass about how it dares to defy the rules of a horror movie, it literally never has subverted any clichés.

Wes used to stat no one has gotten the movie is supposed to be a comedy.

He said once during the premiere he was kinda confused that no one was laughing.

Guess ill never watch this!

He probably his autism. Just because a character in a horror movie mentions The Town That Dread Sundown (another horror movie, xD), that's not gonna cause laughter in the audience. Not to mention the entire movie is played straight and you can see there's some occasional attempts at humor like when Jamie Kennedy keeps telling Jamie Lee Curtis to turn around when the killer is right behind him (epic!!!! xD), Craven truly is a genius of our time.

that is the funniest thing I've seen in a while, it only got funnier when I realised all the headlines were real

Jesus fuck

Holy shit you are such a faggot. Jesus Christ it hurts me physically knowing people as retarded as you actually exist.

>guaranteed replies
who cares, whitewashing is passe now. nigs gon nig.

t. butthurt scream fag
Great argument.

You're not wrong. I am a butthurt Screamfag.

>This is not some meta take on the genre.

Can you believe someone would say something this retarded when talking about Scream?

Provide counter arguments rather than butthurt responses.

i thought the movies were to much. the really are ruining the franchises tilte by putting out terrible reboots

>minorities will feel better about themselves if they see themselves in horror tv shows on mtv!

keep fighting the good fight queen!!!!!!!

0 but we're getting 5 blacks which is all that matters

the ghostface character will be replaced by a neonazi conservative hitler dorito bazinga

>bloody disgusting
indeed
>MTV
liberal shithole
>latifah
yeah you have no talent anymore

also no one will watch that shit