Can someone explain me this whole Net Neutrality situation?

Can someone explain me this whole Net Neutrality situation?
Will it reduce the number of american users on Sup Forums? Cause if that's the case I'm all for it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mEtldt-FI8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If passed, pretty much every western country will go the same route

>Will it reduce the number of american users on Sup Forums?
Yes, specifically the rural dupes who voted for this in the first place. American Sup Forumstards will literally get POO'D off the internet, Facebook and Google will see their profits slashed, and Hollywood will lose its cultural influence as ISPs muscle them out with their own video streaming services. It's win-win-win.

lol no

hopefully

hopefully. cause I'm a richboi and I can afford it, so my flag will be less common :^)

It shouldn't really affect Sup Forums all that much as we don't upload/download big files, tho in theory it could make the site "slower" I guess it's mostly an issue for Australians.

Other types of sites, particularly everything that's media is a different thing entirely, net neutrality means all websites get treated the same by internet service providers, if they do away with this it means they can sort of make it so that the content they want you to download goes smooth as fuck while meanwhile they throttle back everything that's a competitor or simply a bystander, so let's say Google comes to a deal with your ISP, Youtube will work flawless but it will be a bitch to download streaming content from everywhere else, meaning eventually you won't just out of saving yourself the grievance. In its most extreme form they could outright block competitors and serve as gatekeepers for what you can and can't do on teh interwebs, kinda like AOL tried to do.

All the gringo arguments on this one are pure bullshit, nevermind the principles behind it this just long term screws with all of us regardless of how we use the internet.

Yes, I want to know it too. WTF is this newtrality. American laws are too complicated.

We are fucked but my state isn’t.
Please come visit (no drumpftards allowed since they got us into this mess)

Thanks!
Ireally dont understand why Sup Forums shills against NN

i thought Sup Forums was for a free internet
i guess not

I can only afford Spain or something like that for the New Year. Tickets to USA and back cost like 1/10 of my dacha.

They think it is regulation and their god emperor needs to dismantle it.

Because liberals oppose NN. That's why Sup Forums hates it.

>liberals oppose NN

lmao I meant to say liberals support it, fuck.

ah yes
Die ewige """"market forces""""" move in and kill all originality and gunctinality

welp people it's been a pleasure shitposting with you.
Bye all
youtu.be/mEtldt-FI8Y

*functionality

Oh yes, the invisible hand dumb fucks who don't understand regulators are what diferentiates capitalism from merchantilism. Well you guys won, didn't you? Hope you enjoy moving to an internet of fully branded content, meanwhile I'll enjoy pirating whatever the fuck I want and you can't touch me in good old Mexico.

>wow netflix has really gone downhill lately..maybe i'll try streaming service x instead

What the pic fails to mention is that "streaming service x" would likely be owned by Comcast or Verizon. If those edgelords are this angry at liberals on Facebook and Google's Youtube policies, it will be amusing to see their reaction when they find out what media companies some of these ISPs own.

Eh i suppose Greece has that time window too unless some new EU legislation about it gets passed.
No matter what though, i'm betting nn is kill worldwide eventually
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

False, only burgers are stupid enough to go along with this. Net neutrality has broad support in Canada.

It didn't happen before we enacted net neutrality and it's not going to happen now

wtf? i like net neutrality now!

Actually Obama's FCC created Net Neutrality because they got tired of having to intervene in every individual case where the ISPs tried to do something shady. So they created a broad framework to outlaw that kind of fuckery.

Do you really think Pai's FCC is going to protect consumers in the same way now that he's repealing your protections?