Why Does Breaking Bad Take Place In New Mexico?

Why Does Breaking Bad Take Place In New Mexico?

Is There A Meaning Behind The Location?

No. Why does it matter? It's convenient for drug cartel maxico connection. It's also nice to see New Mexico in shit.

Because it's on the border of Mexico

Because New Mexico is actually a galaxy far, far away

Not many series in the desert, lots in Texas and California, all have close proximity to Mexico

>It's also nice to see New Mexico in shit.

Said no one ever

Low taxes.

It's like regular Mexico, but cleaner.

Better than Texas

>Said no one ever
But that guy DID say that. You literally quoted him saying that.

if you haven't noticed it's trying to be a modern western

its a shit state for a shit show

>new mexico
>NEw MExICo
>NE ME IC
>ICE MEN

BRAVO

Texas Is Too Mainstream For Vince.

tax reasons I heard.

>But that guy DID say that.

There are bots all over this board, buddy. Let's face it, New Mexico is dogshit.

fpbp

This

Well since I live in New Mexico let me tell you, 2/3 people are using drugs. Harder drugs use has been on the rise here for years. And you also get that Wild West ambience. So basically it's fucked up down here. It wouldn't be realistic otherwise.

they wanted some scenes in remote desert locations , and generally wanted the show in a place that's relatively close for all the actors but is still cheap to shoot at .

Arizona masterrace

lot of meth runs through Midwest and the creators were gonna make it set in California but they thought itd be similar to weeds. so they changed it to accommodate

>fpbp

I don't think you know what this means also said it first.

I heard they wanted to shoot it originally in Southern California but New Mexico was cheaper so that's where they based their production.

It was definitely for the best because, like another user said, NM gives the series a very western feel

newfag

it's the same shit t.b.h.

was a pretty good choice. the desert scenes are spectacular.

arizona is new mexico with trees. these states are all the god damn same! texas is new mexico with oceanfront.

What?

they arena is big for meth in real life i lived in new Mexico about 4 hours north from where it was supposed to be filmed and about.

>the grand canyon is in new mexico
???

>muh ass crack hole

every state has scenery

Not a 7 wonders of the world

>sour grapes

this

it was meant to be in LA but there are some good cheap studios in albuquerque. Gilligan talks about this on WTF with Marc Maron

>mfw OP was probably shitposting but now I can't stop thinking about the question

Because they should have got deep into the whole drug cartel thing. It was probably planned in the beginning
Then they went full retard and brushed them off for some James Bond villain tier Gus

Speaking of BB, why is Mexico so yellow? What did they mean by it?

delet this, my dude

After watching the show I always imagine a sea of meth addicts moving down there trying to get some of that blue stuff. A bunch of trailer park cookers making generic blue stuff and selling it at insanely higher rates than normal. I don't think I'll ever go to Albuquerque.

underrated post

Because of the meth you dumb fuck

There's an urban legend that says back before it was named New Mexico that it was named Bravo Vince

This guy blocks your path

Dubs of truth.

This.
Incentives are why productions film here.

Does this show hold up to a rewatch?

Or am I just going to be mad at Skyler and Jane the whole time

What's the elevation where you're at?

I was in Santa Fe and it's just too high for me man, I couldn't handle it

You're supposed to be mad at Jane; she's a junky who makes empty promises.

Because New Mexico is the land of enchantment and has all the ingredients to make this show perfect
>Famous Labs - Los Alamos and Sandia National Lab to establish Walter as an extremely smart person
>Drug use/culture - Abq, need I say more?
>Law enforcement of New Mexico - god damn these niggers are serious business. Have you seen all the fucking police shootings they have in NM? These guys are their own gang. They spend millions every year on combating drugs/alcohol. You need someone to chase down a kingpin, NM has got you covered.
>Right next to (h)el(l) paso - drug cartel and all that good shit.
>Beautiful scenery - Northern New Mexico is incredibly gorgeous and Southern New Mexico has great deserts to give dem southern feels. It isn't densely populated with millions upon millions of acres of protected national forrests. The Sandia Mountains are a beautiful backdrop to a beautiful city.
>Blue state - Perfect combination of a failing education system (teachers aint paid for shit!) and heath care system (duhhh) to set up the need for him to break bad.
>Dat new mexican culture - It is one of the most distinctive cultures in the United States. Santa Fe is god tier for art and sophistication (perfect for BCS). The native culture is rich with history. Have you ever had new mexican food? The worlds best green chili is grown here. Holy shit, christmas style eggs (green and red chile sauce), come the fuck on!

We have all seen shows based in LA, or New York but we dont know much about the 505. This is great. It is something that not many can relate to. Fuck the overuse of the same god damn settings in every single show. This makes it really feel like its own universe. Not your generic 'oh we in cali again' shit.

Sure they might have chosen it because its cheaper to film here (hell thats a plus in my book) but its great that they did.

All them sour grapes in this thread. Sucks for you guys. Stay mad faggots

everyone here that talks about chile should get a complimentary beating.

Stay mad while I eat my chili relleno burritos or many other countless delicious dishes that incorporate hatch green chili. God damn I'm hungry now.

Where can I watch the new episode of better call saul? I can't do it on AMC cause they make you login.

couch tuner has the newest episode, as well as solar movie.

>choosing green over red
shamefoodisprayy.jpg

Thanks bro

>implying i dont have preferences depending on the dish.

Pfft. Come on nigga. That shit is weak!

you got it, buddy.

Wasn't it because Cali was too expensive to shoot in?

>Teacher lives there and knows of drug problems in the area
>has a family connected to it, knows a little more of the day to day than the average joe
>decides to become part of the drug scene

This show wouldn't work in Wyoming or Oregon or Vermont or something. It's tied to the region.

This and it has extremely good lighting and outdoor shooting conditions. Directors always want more light and more time in the day and in New Mexico you get plenty of it. One of the reasons Tucson, AZ had an active movie studio for decades until someone let a cigarette burn the whole place down. Otherwise Breaking Bad might have been filmed in Tucson.

Also I'm surprised this hasn't been said yet but Breaking Bad is a western about outlaws out on the edge of civilization. Thematically it's set and filmed in an appropriate place.