Why did he marry her?

Why did he marry her?

cause she was nicer to the kids than betty, which gives don a hope that his kids can have a less dysfunctional upbringing than don did.

watch the scene where they're in the diner and one of his kids spills a milkshake

You've got to lock that shit down.

Yep, as above user said, she was warm, young, motherly.

Remember, it was her embrace into which Sally ran trying to escape her mother in The Beautiful Girls. Don noticed that.

He'd also hit another rock bottom, being ill equipped to be single and as was the pattern, was expected to get wifed again immediately, remember Faye predicted it and Joan as well.

Part of him lived vicariously through her youth as well, until he came to hate it.

She was a good character with a meaningful arc, she was herself an innocent kid who got swept up in this high romance w/ a handsome, rich executive, not realizing he was ultimately a deeply damaged, compulsive cheater unable to actually hold together a healthy marriage.

She was good with his kids.

>Turn off your mind relax and float down stream
>It is not dying, it is not dying

basically this , i was literally LMOAing at that scene of him deciding to marry her on impulse , she's fucking retarded for agreeing tho even if she wanted his dick

i appreciate this post .

I can think of a couple reasons

she passed the test Fay failed

He was desperately longing for someone he felt could help him stabilize the situation with his children. He acted impulsively solely because of how good she was with Sally and Bobby and because of how much carefree and full of vitality she seemed. Of course, she was also hot as fuck, but that's beyond the point.

I don't get the people hating on her character. I thought she was developed properly and gave meaningful insight into many of Don's deepest problems

you sound like a real romantic at heart (kidding, you sound like a scumbag)

zou bizou bizou

Not once did she look like this in the show. What a fucking waste.
Favorite episodes?
Land of milk and honey, Waterloo, 5G, the hobo code, guy walks into an advertising agency for me

why you gotta be rude senpai . you think marrying your secretary on a whim all out of the blue is a wise choice ?

cause she's fucking hot?

good post

Signal 30, Faraway Places

>Signal 30

goat tv episode.

She has two vaginas.

Why was Betty such a cunt to everyone even her kids, especially Sally.

She was a spoiled brat that never grew up.

i only just learned it was co-written w/ Cool Hand Luke/Dog Day Afternoon screenwriter which makes sense

I finished watching the finale literally 5 minutes ago. I think Mad Men is by far the best series I've ever watched.

My only question is, why did people not like the last episode so much? Thematically, I thought it was perfect. It really made me feel.

Welcome home, friend. Fans liked it. You're right, it is perfect. Instead of running from Don to embrace his inner Dick he came to peace with his true self, the ad man, and created his masterpiece.

she's a child with severe mommy issues. the show browbeats you with it all the time.

The final episode was fine. There are of course a variety of legitimate reasons someone might criticize it, but I think really it's just a case of most people are just never willing to forgo criticizing something and just give it a thumbs up and a smile, but that's how people are towards other people's artistic efforts.

So the implication was that he helped with that Coke ad? I didn't catch that.

i liked it i just would have loved one more episode that showed 'zen don' walking back into the office to everyone's surprise and bringing his amazing idea to life and everyone reacting to it.

I wanted to like that ending but for some reason it just didn't feel like enough closure for me, I'm glad you enjoyed it though,

Op never saw her fun bags in Hot tub time machine 1

The conversation Don had with Megan's Mom hit me hard when she told him along the lines of "she is so young, and you had to go and ruin her"

Now she will be damaged for the rest of her life, probably developing the same issues Don has (maybe minus the cheating) and repeating them her whole life

>tfw never ever

It was the perfect ending. Only The Sopranos finale is better.

The only thing I didn't like was Peggy and Stan, because it felt a little too convenient, but I can accept them as couple too.

Pete's ending was also greatly a satisfying.

TEETH

She got all of that and, you know, a fucking million dollars... 1970 million dollar.

She got too much.

good post jon

Because even serially cheating philanderer had to be married in that era.

kids needed a mum

Yep, he co-opted the 'peace' stuff from that retreat, that was his moment of zen

I really liked it. It was unconventional and I never thought it would go down the way it did, but I liked how it wrapped up.

i think she looks better in the show personally

>That gif
lmao needs a name

ZOO BEE ZOO

>Scooby dooby doo!

What did she mean by this?

In French it means "a little pup"

This would've been a disaster

Nice.

And we'd enjoy every minute of it.

Yeah I didn't like how her hair was always poofed up

I know that was the style for the time but still

If you liked it now, just imagine how much you'll like it when you re-watch the series in 6 months

And then imagine how much you'll like it when you re-watch the series every 6 months for the rest of your life!

Welcome

YOU
JUST
KNOW

The goddamn writers knew thats what everybody in the wanted.

It was just a gigantic cocktease right until the end.

I think that was part of the charm. It's sexy because we want it, but they won't give it to us.

I've never seen anyone complain about the last episode

Married into the tribe that holds all of the power.

french canadians?

Women poster

It was quite controversial when it first dropped

if marrying a subordinate because she's hot and she was minorly nice to your kids at a vulnerable point for you (when she had blatant ulterior motives) is the acme of romance, then fuck romance.

>Why did he marry her?

women know how to trap you in your moments of weakness

>how to trap you

By accepting an offer to babysit? Did you watch the show?

was Ginsberg /ourguy/?

What the F*CK was her problem???

cooper was /ourguy/

also a proto weeb

Don being a liar and a cheat.

I think most anons are more of a Pete Campbell

this

Definitely

Because he hated being alone and was looking for a pseudo mother figure for himself and Sally (he never gave a fuck about Bobby).

somehow arrogant and sycophantic at the same time, constantly throws a tantrum when things don't go his way...

hmm, checks out actually

None of them really cared about Bobby.

Women always turn into their mothers, and hers was supposedly a bitch.

Remember that Sup Forumsirgins, look at a girl's mom if you're thinking about getting suckered into marriage

I think cooper was too smart and business savvy to be /ourguy/

>(((Ginsburg)))

fuck bobby, desu

How do we go from this...

Her problems were deeper than Don, although he didn't help.

I think is pretty much accurate, she is an emotional child.

...to this?

>Pete's ending was also greatly a satisfying
Holy hell did Pete ever win the life lottery with that ending.

So, was she supposed to somewhat represent Sharon Tate or what?

lmao

isn't it obvious that he had a soft spot for jew girls

No.

This scene (and entire episode) was one of my favorite episodes.

Also, The Jet Set is GOAT as hell too.

STANDING

didn't mean to quote, rip

Thanks for this man. You validated many of my own conclusions.

fuck all of you kenny is truly (((our guy)))

what did the writer mean by this

ZOO BISON BISON

Well said user.

Because edgelords want every main character to die in the finale just so they can bitch about how hacky it was.

>Land of milk and honey

She has a topless scene in Hot Tub Time Machine 2.

She's fucking gorgeous