Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable (2017)

youtube.com/watch?v=MI2CXp0o_hs&app=desktop

New trailer's dropped for Takashi Miike's adaptation of JJBA Part 4.

Indeed, it looks like a beautiful Duwang. We still don't get a good look at Stands (a passing look at Angelo's stand going into someone) but in motion the live-action outfits look simultaneously believable and true to the show/manga.

Not sure how I feel about Okuyasu or Jotaro yet though.

Is this a jojo reference?

Will Kira be in this?

We all know he's the best JoJo villain.

Nah, supposedly this is gonna be a series of movies and Kira's gonna be in the later one.

Also forgot to mention that Koichi looks like shit.

This movie is only going to cover up to Yukako. No Kira until like the end of Movie 2 at least.

Angelo and Okuyasu's brother are first, second movie will be Kira.

Why does Jotaro look so emaciated?

all the smoking

Jotaro looks a little old for 28.

>tfw animekino was not saved...

>casting Asians as anime characters

Americans are the only ones that could do animekino. Unfortunately we keep pussing about with "whitewashing" and how well it'll sell to a broad market that we miss the soul of the work.

Are we really not getting Red Hot Chili Peppers?????

That looks bad.

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>americans can do animekino
user...

You are absolutely right, where's my ScarJo as Josuke?

where are the fucking stands

looks genuinely bad but might watch for the memes

It honestly doesn't look too terrible. A little cheesy but that's a giving considering how anime or manga to live action never really works out all that spectacularly but it doesn't honestly look that bad. At least the Stand effects going by the water look pretty decent.

I'm also guessing it ends when they fight Toy Soldier and learn about Dio's arrow considering I doubt they could fit all of Diamond into the time limit the movie is.

>Takashi Miike
>JJBA

I had no idea he was doing it, cool.

Aren't these characters supposed to be buff?

They're unnaturally buff in the manga/show. To do it 100% accurate you'd need to have bodybuilders or some shit.

>Asian "men"

No thanks.

We have the ability.

Shit like Pacific Rim, The Matrix, or Scott Pilgrim (fuck you) understand the underlying values of what makes anime work, and none of those are direct adaptations of manga/anime. Edge Of Tomorrow is an adaptation, but it works because it's adapted for an American audience and made more exciting for film.

Steel Ball Run spaghetti western when?

>inb4 joseph is played by an asian

Yeah, it's supposed to be like two or three movies.

His actor played as Shinomori in the Kenshin movies. He's not a bad actor but he's in his forties and it shows when we know damn well his character is younger than that.

How convenient I just started watching part 4 recently.

You're in for a ride. They actually gave David Productions a budget this time so animation quality goes way up.

The second OP, Chase, is kinda meh though. Be forewarned.

>it looks like a beautiful Duwang
This is how you can tell OP doesn't watch film or even jap films
I wouldn't doubt he plays videogames too and thought train to zombieland was "good"

>the second best OP out of all 4 parts is "kinda meh"
Fuck off, nigger

Great Days is the best opening ever.

>ScarJo as Josuke
>scarjosuke was there all along
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Liking it quite a lot so far. Just cleared Red Hot Chili Pepper.
Good to see my boy back, but it kind of hurts seeing how far he's degraded.

Bit heavy on the "filler", but it's comfy.

What makes you say that?

They still havent shown a stand?
wtf
no, the water doesnt count

But user, the water COUNTS.

Such cringeworthy shit.

If there's one thing that deserves absolutely no live action adaptation it's jojo

Takashi Miike genuinely only makes movies now to keep the japanese film industry in float. He's an even bigger joker than Woody Allen now

Senile Joseph is kinda heartbreaking, yeah.

The middle arc, discovering all the stand users in Morioh, it's almost slice-of-life in how filler it is. I really like it because I have a hard-on for slice of life shit but that's me.

Then you get to realest nigga alive Yoshikage Kira and shit goes down.

I figured after Phoenix Wright he'd be a decent choice for something as cartoonish as Jojo's.