Tell me boys why have I never seen a thread about this show...

Tell me boys why have I never seen a thread about this show? I mean anime is generally trash but goddamn Bebop is actually really fucking good. Are there any other anime movies or shows that are somewhat redeeming like this one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=amCYjep3KMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8AzfBfGUFYw
youtu.be/EUvK8p1J8S0
youtube.com/watch?v=6vsoCQ9j2kg
youtube.com/watch?v=e-0QhnHOCzE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Evangelion.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Those are the other two off the top of my head that are beyond reproach.

The show came out in 1998 bud you're a few years late for discussing it

1. This isn't an anime board
2. Bebop is pleb trash

Akira

>evangelion
>beyond reproach

ha

Evangelion is absolute trash and so is Akira. I will never understand why people like them.

Some "good" Japanese cartoons:

Neon genesis blah blah (series & movie, subbed)
Vampire Hunter D (80s movie)
Fist of the North Star (80s movie, dubbed)
Wicked City
Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig
Angel Cop
Attack on Titan

There's not that many when you get right down to it.

18+

I've seen three threads for it this week dog.

Samurai Champloo, by the same creator.

It's a weird mix of Edo-era Japanese samurai stuff and late 90's/early 2000's style. It's not historically accurate in the slightest but it's fun as hell.

Very slice-of-life, more character-centric than anything.

How is that even relevant to what I said autist.

That and Death Note are the only anime shows I could bear watch. Actually, also a show called "Monster" which is about a surgeon.

tell me about your patrician pedo animes

What are you talking about you fucking loser lmao. I never said I didn't enjoy cowboy bebop.

these are all trash except vampire hunter

why do weebs have such shit taste?

GITS SAC was fucking horrible and i had to turn it off after 10 minutes.

Jin-roh
A.D Police Files
Blac Lagoon
Hellsing

everything else mentioned here is shit tier, child anime

This is all pleb fucking shit. I'll give you some good recommendations:

Haruhi (classic)
Yuruyuri
K-on
Working!
Madoka
Ichigo Marshimaro

Thanks me later

Depends if you're the kid who thinks that something from '98 is too old to discuss, or if you're the kid who just thinks Bebop is bad.

Death Note is one of those "Style over substance" things in the sense that it obviously has style, but all of its substance relies on the sheer complexity of what's happening in the plot.

Bebop is overrated

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't be.

>people who don't agree with me are kids
Literal autism. Holy shit man. I hope you get some help

No shit it's overrated, out of 10 it's an 11.

Black lagoon is comfy and way too much fun. the premise is pure gold

>Evangelion is overrated
FTFY

>I'm too scared to post on Sup Forums

more like "i want to actually discuss anime not spam waifufagging and moeshit"

HOLLYWOOD JEWS AND FANS

Stay away from my fucking anime. Your medium sucks and your worship of talentless jews and the high dollar hookers everyone calls "actresses" is a sign that your life is not worth living. Also your medium is uncreative trash.

Thanks

So you come to a board known for pedophilia and waifufags? You must be from reddits anime forum and not Sup Forums then

Dear god this. Sup Forums is good for talking about masturbation of anime characters and erotic roll playing, or talking about berserk and a few other board favorites for the 10th thousandth time.

>being elitist about children's cartoons

>I wish ______ was remade into live action

We need camps for these people. And ovens.

Film is the most derivative medium.

What site do you think you're on kiddo?

Watching anime doesn't mean you dress like a girl and role play with other fat neckbeards on Sup Forums. Sup Forums is so fucking garbage. Guess what, I enjoy the occasional video game but I don't post on Sup Forums. Oh my god is this concept hard for you to understand?

Serial Experiments Lain
Planetes

>Evangelion
>Babies first DUDE DEEP LMAO anime

Eva is a pleb filter

Go back to your home board or site, Sup Forums. It's very clear you've been exposed

Sup Forums is the Sup Forums of anime. I pray that one day you will understand how pathetic that board is.
So contrarian. I bet you have great taste.

>people who think anime is trash but bebop is "really fucking good"

thats like thinking tv shows are trash but castle is actually really fucking good

>anime thread
>this hasn't been posted

Shame

>Watching anime doesn't mean you dress like a girl and role play with other fat neckbeards on Sup Forums.
But role playing with quote unquote "cunny" posters does for live action?

Cowboy Bebop has really good animation and by this standard alone is better than 90 percent of animes

Same with evangelion

Much better than the DRRR, but so is any anime that never ever ever mentions japan.

because you're on the wrong board faggot

It's more like GoT considering how entry level pleb trash tier it is. I wouldn't even doubt that op considers that HBO is the pinnacle of television production

Thing with anime is, they tend to have really good concepts/beginnings, then absolutely fall apart super quickly.

Death Note is really cool to begin with, the first half is pretty great, then it's just...arse. Same thing with Code Geass, though that actually picks up again at the end. If anyone makes some sort of abridged version of Attack on Titan that also might be good, but my god there's so much shit in that. So many repeated le epic speeches.

Darker than Black is pretty damn good I thought. 2nd season is a little...weird at times, but still alright. Steins:Gate is also pretty good, but I can get why some people wouldn't like it. One Punch Man was actually pretty funny too, which is rare for Jap shit.

Is this kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=amCYjep3KMQ

who can compete with HBO? sopranos, wire, rome west world, mad man, deadwood etc
please tell me, oh patrician, who reveals HBO as the entry level trash it truly is?

Sounds dope

TTGL >>>>>> Evangelion

Sundance. Rectify is 10 times better than every single show you've listed

early-mid 00s HBO was GOAT. It's all downhill after that.

blac lagoon is great. it's too bad the bullshit sequel thing sucked

kill yourself and your family

rectify is trash lmoa

only hellsing ultimate
also many of the OVAs of the late 80s/90s were kino as fuck.

Akira, Macross stuff though the story is retarded

I don't know why you gotta be such a dick about it over a fucking message board but whatever hombre. Besides just because I asked for recommendations doesn't mean other shows can't be discussed.

youtube.com/watch?v=8AzfBfGUFYw

>Not Hellsing

because its 17 years old now and all threads have been done to death

>17 years
>fawk
>my maths is bad, its 19 years
>fawk + 2

I don't know why it's more popular.

Baccano is so much better its not even funny.

Complete and utter plebs as I predicted

Honestly I ain't too big on that shit unless it's maybe books. If it was already a show or animation then converting it is kind of fucking dumb

watch dekalog, scenes from a marriage, fanny & alexander, etc. you absolute fucking plebe

it boggles my mind that people on this board of all places consider american 80iq television the pinnacle of film

Thanks man I'll check em out

>dekalog
this is the only good thing you mentioned
Your filthy, jealous, yuropoor is showing my man.
Also, Dekalog is not even better than The Wire, let alone The Sopranos.
Go eat your schnitzeland tell Ahkmed to impregnate your wife, Hanz.

youtu.be/EUvK8p1J8S0

My waifu

>dude muh niggers lmao

t. 60%

not even euro btw

>not even euro btw
might as well be

>Also, Dekalog is not even better than The Wire, let alone The Sopranos.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Akira anime is amazing for its time. And it's a good sample of what is the better story, the manga.

Eva is overrated, but it's still better than the vast majority of anime. Anime is just really that shit.

Akira isn't that great either, it just has good animation.

>type of person that thinks Dekalog is better

youtube.com/watch?v=6vsoCQ9j2kg

What about One Piece?

ok spic

picked the reddittest hellsing girl
Police girl best girl.

>upset
try again

This is your mind when governed by Sup Forumseddit sensibilities
take note lurkers

>Sup Forumseddit
must 18+ to post here

You forgot the most important part. Soundtrack by Nujabes RIP

Akira has best everything, the manga is completely unnecessary because the film encapsulates just what it needs to and no extraneous details.

I watched it a little as a kid and kinda dug it. The dude with the lollipop was fucking G

>actually really fucking good
Yeah, a good fucking joke.

If you like this kind of shit you're either a child or have the brain of one, there's no two ways about it.

Please don't post at me

Samurai Champloo is pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=e-0QhnHOCzE

na, i ain't gonna do it

lets just ignore the fat, retarded, hbo watching americlap for a second

has anyone seen this movie besides me? one of my favorite films animated or otherwise

Is there any good mecha anime?

I tried Gundam and it's pretty awful. At least Tomino Gundam UC stuff is and that's the most praised shit.

I mean compared to a lot of other animes is pretty good. Don't know why ya gotta be an asshole bout this either man

Armored Trooper VOTOMS and it's spinoff Armor Hunter Mellowlink are both fantastic
I'd also recommend The Big O.

Bebop is legitimately overrated. I mean it's good, but you have to get through ten episodes of filler to reach the interesting parts.

the big o

im not sure if id call it a mecha anime but it has mechas

more of a film noir detective type show but really enjoyable albeit with a dumb ending

if you want something short and fun try the first half of gurren lagann or maybe mobile police patlabor

The mechas are the worst part, Japanese Batman could have been great without them.

Evangelion

True, although the filler isn't as bad to slog through as a lot of other shows

Good taste user. First recommendation I've seen this thread that's not overated

Truest post ITT.

I'm curious, what's Sup Forums's opinion on Eva?

They love it but every thread devolves into waifu wars

>t.pedo

Back to your moetrash thread

Hell nah brah.
Manga is the true story. Still has your 2001 ending but it also goes on about war and national intrusion a lot more and explores it greatly.

Hopefully we get that anime based fully on the series soon.