Twin Peaks Season 3

Twin Peaks threads have been great lately. We're less than a month away to the return, get in here and get comfy

Fuck off to facebook, normie.

What did you guys think of the book? And what questions do you have of the original show and movie? I probably have a few

>locked onto shitty subscription channel in UK and US
As much as people claim to like this series, it's going to fucking bomb no matter what they do

I can't get comfy until Lynch is getting "comfy" in his prison cell. How he has managed to evade arrest for 25 years is mind boggling.

i liked it, although it seemed like frost ran off with his own ideas, since apparently david hasn't even read it, which is kind of worrying considering how much shit frost attempted to tie up on his own and how that's going to effect S3

Can shows on a subscription network even technically bomb? I mean, even if it gets no viewers (it certainly will) its not like their going to pull something of the air they've already paid to produce.

Low ratings = show gets canned, same goes on subscription or regular TV

Why would they pay for something that has failed to make money? That's what they are after, at the end of the day

Fuck off, midget

not really

he's probably just some assmad poorfag that cannot into torrents and has to wait for streams or some shit like that

a peppering of anons of that variety as well as contrarians shitposting are something you should come to expect as more and more regular the closer we get to premiere, and beyond
nah, not before the season is up it's already been paid for, you dolt

the show is already finished, they went all in with this

The book was like 75% UFO bullshit that no one cares about. But at least we find out what happened to a bunch of characters.

>years go by nobody gives a shit about Twin Peaks
>news of season 3 comes up, the show shows up on netflix
>omfg so comfy! xD damn good coffee and pie!! can't wait for le season 3!! get comfy

Oh right sorry I forgot bout the retarded US system of mid season cancellation

By cancellation I meant the superior Brit version where we air the remaining episodes and then don't renew

They make money based on subscriptions, though. Presumably they take into a account how much of an increase in subscriptions and thus revenue they might get based on the allure of a show, and budget accordingly, but even if this is number underperforms staggeringly, its not like they can't keep showing it, unless they somehow think that it causes people to cancel their subscriptions. On regular tv if a show gets no ratings they have to pull it because they are loosing ad revenue. Shows can still fail, certainly, but subscription channels have been known to keep viewerless shows on air

Nobody's going to "renew" shit, it's an 18-hour film disguised as a limited series.

You can't silence me forever Lynch. You got Nance, you won't get me.

also this kind of poster, perpetually booty blasted about muh twin peaks becoming slightly more mainstream (again) because he wasn't even alive when it first aired, the same could be said about a large portion of shitposters ITTs desu senpai
>Brit
>superior anything

eternal anglo pls, they wouldn't cancel it mid-season on a subscription network either

quarry probably did awful in terms of ratings and it still aired the entire season, although it'll probably never see a second season, mid-season cancellation shit only applies to non-subscription networks, where ratings are actually pretty fuckin important

don't reply to me again you fucking biscuit munching tea gargling incestually bred limey scum

Did James ever figure out what Laura meant by this?

Why did you put the wrong quote on to make James look stupid?
The real quote is
"God, James is sweet, but his head looks like a thumb"

What do you mean, I won't get you? Of course I'll get you, stupid fuck, you don't even have bodyguards.

>People get excited about a franchise when it gets new material
WOW HOW COULD THIS BE HAPPENING?

He cowrote every episode, so I wouldn't be too concerned. Almost guarantees that those inconsistencies'll tie in.

i know, it just seemed like frost went off with little to no input and now lynch has to pick up that possibly unfamiliar slack as a result

i've got faith that S3 is going to be hype as fuck, but that was the only thing in the book that really worried me, especially with how heavy handed the whole UFO/government shit was

>then don't renew

This is a miniseries you fucking idiot. It's been filmed, in its entirety, about a year ago.

Fuck you brits are stupid. I thank God every day I wasn't born on a tiny island.

Twin Peaks was one of the most normie shows in history, though. Stop trying to claim you're cool for being there before anybody. Your parents know about Twin Peaks, everybody knew about that show.

I remember people talking highly about this show 10 years ago all over the place online, especially around circles of LOST discussions.

I agree the comfy/pie posts get annoying but it's par for the course. Movie was better than the show and I don't expect the return will pander at all to the fans looking for comfy quirky times.

If I die my contact releases everything I've got on you. I mean fish in the percolator, the whole shabang. You kill me you go down for good you murdering bastard.

-Why was Josie only 65lbs when she died?
-What was up with the kid Dick and Andy were big brother to (Nicky)?
-Why did Nadine get retard strength?
-Where did Col. Briggs go when he disappeared?

Well to be fair, Garland did probably write the dossier.I don't completely buy that he wrote it, but either way it was well within his character.

>News of return makes show relevant once again

holy shit, user, it really is so simple.

Josie was only 65lbs because her head got stuck in the drawer knob. In one of the cut scenes from the show they showed her head behind a red curtain in the other place, indicating it had been removed from her body in the real world.

Josie had gathered a shitload of garmonbozia, especially when you consider her backstory in Secret History. The weight loss might have symbolized BOB taking that for himself.

The kid was just a soap opera subplot that further parodied the format.

Nadine always had retard strength, even in the pilot. Strength of the insane, I guess.

The White Lodge.

agree, actually liked how it set up the "hand off" with respect to said dossier, gave bobby's papa even more cred

>Why was Josie only 65lbs when she died
she was completely full of shit and when she died her bowels released

You must be new here. Peaks threads have turned up here for years.

>Josie had gathered a shitload of garmonbozia, especially when you consider her backstory in Secret History.

i like this answer and is now canon to me until proven otherwise

>post your face when James is the main character of the revival

I was under the impression the bullet which took her eye might have hit her pituitary gland or something else in her head, releasing strength hormones constantly.

The book did have a lot of great moments. The extension of Josie's character, the weird intentional plot holes the kind of guy who'd play checkers instead of chess, and that bank explosion resolution made it all worth it for me.

spoil me on the bank explosion resolution, user.

Pete shielded Audrey, taking the brunt of the explosion and saving her life, albeit barely. All things considered it was a good sendoff.

>James
>not Bobby

James'll be the antagonist.

So people realize what happened to Josie, right
her soul was absorbed into the wooden knob, the same thing that happen to the Log Lady's husband, hence why she talks to the log. It contains the soul of her husband.
I only mention it because some people don't realize it.

Why does Bobby look older than Big Ed?

It'll be JUUUUUUUUUUUUST LYNCHHHHHHHH AND NOOOOOBOOODY

watching it

>laura Palmer and her poor murdered cousin are back

My boner is ready

Fucking shit, even Sherilyn looks hot again, and she let herself go for awhile.

how can one cast be such perfect human beings

James is such a terrible actor.

Does anybody remember this scene from Fire Walk With Me? The night of her death, their final conversation before they ride off and she runs away at the stop light. Sheryl Lee acts the fuck out of that scene and he's just giving nothing back.

It's weird because he was better in the pilot. Not great, but better. So was Lara Flynn Boyle. But when the actual series began, their characters and acting became awful.

>bobby now looks old enough to be shelly's dad
>big ed looks okay
>norma still holding it down
>nadine's super power includes never aging
>laura/maddy looks even more possessed
>shelly still as qt as ever
>audrey got thicc in all the right places
>james looks like a final boss

what a ride its gonna be lads

It's not just the knob. She's part of the hotel. Remember when Pete was talking to her above the fireplace in the finale?

It's a toss up between James and Leo as to who I think is the worst actor.

At least Lynch sorted Leo's actor out by creating vegetableo

Bobby looks quite Leland-esque here

trips of the beast confirm josie's spirit now resides in the great northern

twin peaks has been on netflix for years

>Remember when Pete was talking to her above the fireplace in the finale?
I actually don't
weird

i want TPS3 to be as good of television as Hannibal or The Leftovers

What are your favorite scenes from the series?

Is it possible to watch ''Fire Walk With Me'' and not cum buckets, Laura is so fucking hot, look at those flawless legs hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg

brie & butter baguettes are pretty high tier.

So I just finished episode 9 of season 2 for the first time and the mystery seems like it's solved, are the episodes after worth watching?
I've heard it turns to shit fast.

>tfw I just realized I've never seen Twin Peaks in HD
I should probably start binge watching it for the new season but I'm not in the mood

I care too much about Laura in that movie to get any sexual satisfaction from how hot Sheryl Lee is. Just feels wrong given the subject matter, you know what I mean?

If you care about the town then it's pretty fun, if you don't then you probably won't like it

The last episode is great, the rest of the episodes have there moments, things that might be worth knowing for the new season.

The entirety of episode 3 is pretty high tier, besides the Pilot, I would call that episode the best one. It's flawless.

It's most certainly worth watching the finale, which is one of the best most mindbending episodes of television history.

I would say give it a shot. It gets bad fast, but around episode 17 it picks back up and gets some focus and plot going.

>le

I hope you realize you're memebase tier.

It's very hit or miss throughout the rest of its run, depending on how much you care about the town. If you like the town, then yeah, expect more shenanigans.

That said, the finale is a masterpiece, and more than sets up the new season. I'd say go for it, but expect it to get really fucking goofy before it gets great again at the end.

Who's the best minor character and why is it Dr. Dapper Jacoby

That final shot of Cooper smashing his head against the mirror and seeing Bob's reflection is one of the most kino things I've ever seen like ever, Lynch is such a genius

>Implying it isn't Albert

user pls

Not sure what the sentiment of this post is. Are you empathetic to my feelings or are you telling me "Where do you think we are right now?"

Should I rewatch Twin Peaks in HD before the new season? I'm thinking about it, but I don't know if it'd be worth it since I think I remember the series enough to go into the 3rd season. Should I just watch until season 3 is over, then rewatch it and then season 3 again?

>mfw I get to the jacoby part of secret history

Go for it if you want. If you don't want the time investment, then just hit the finale and Fire Walk With Me. Lynch already said that FWWM is vital if you're gonna watch the new season.

Just that incest rape is a pretty vanilla fetish on Sup Forums

Oh, and be sure to look at the Missing Pieces. Lynch releasing them a few months before announcing season 3 can't be a coincident.
I'd even recommend the 3.5 hour fanedit that puts most of the deleted scenes in the movie. The torrent's pretty healthy. Search Fire Walk With Me Q2.

I need that fucking tie for my grandpas funeral

I was actually planning to rewatch FWWM
then following it up with The Missing Pieces since I've never seen it
I don't know what I want to do. Already watching another series. If I rewatch Twin Peaks, I might have to put what I'm currently watching on the back burner.

I don't know, I'll think I'll be fine, though it'll probably be my uncertainty that'll bug me over the next few days.

I have to put that on my list. It would go nicely with my Laura diary and Copper bio

Yeah, in that case go for the finale and FWWM/Missing Pieces. It's not exactly a forgettable series, and you almost definitely have most of the details.

Fun Fact: Jacoby fingers the hula dancer on his tie while talking about Laura

I love the scene from the pilot where all of the kids are gathering at the school, and slowly start to realize that Laura is dead. Her best friend just starting to sob uncontrollably was fantastic acting.

Dr. touching the vagina on his hula girl tie...

>I'd even recommend the 3.5 hour fanedit that puts most of the deleted scenes in the movie. The torrent's pretty healthy. Search Fire Walk With Me Q2.
I actually downloaded that quite a few months back. Never watched it though because I wanted to see The Missing Pieces as its own entity first.

Also got the extended Blue Velvet. Wish I could find the deleted scenes on their own though. They're not as spread out there as The Missing Pieces, so I haven't found a torrent of them.

Definitely effective creeper throughout. Couldn't have cast a better Jacoby.

>the POV boxing scene on the missing pieces

what did he mean by that?

I couldn't find the deleted scenes for Velvet either, though I fucking loved that extended edit.

One thing I've noticed about Lynch's deleted scenes is that they usually include a few that are vital to the plot. Feels like if it weren't for time constraints, Lynch would've kept every deleted scene he revealed in the final release. He even said as much about the missing pieces.

Absolutely not. That edit is only for people that dislike Fire Walk With Me and what it set out to do.

They were deleted scenes for a reason, inserting them back in jumbles the message of that movie and makes for a worse film.

Made me like Chet a lot more.

The plot is less important than the style of the thing, but Executives make unreasonable demands.

>He even said as much about the missing pieces.

No he didn't. He deleted them for a reason. And if he really wanted them in there he wouldn't have released them as "Missing Pieces" he would have made a final cut version of Fire Walk With Me, which he obviously didn't, because those scenes don't belong.

Lynch as said himself that if it weren't for maintaining a 2 hour time limit he would've kept at least some of those scenes. The "Where's my axe" scene was definitely worth keeping in order to better illustrate the context between that dinner and the following day's.

Lynch released those scenes for a reason.

Are we still pretending this was a good show?

kys