Why was he in it to begin with? Why couldn't they just kill him off in the first movie?

Why was he in it to begin with? Why couldn't they just kill him off in the first movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/news/swco-2017-marvel-reveals-captain-phasma-miniseries-exclusive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

redemption arc where he realizes how being a cisgender white male is wrong and embraces cuckdom.

if he just died without refuting his ideology there would be no point.

He is the true protagonist.

>He is the true protagonist.

He got rekt lol, no fucking talent.

he is a hardworker you moron

we will probably see him getting swole as fuck in TLJ and getting a redemption in the last movie

kylo best character

even if reylo doesn't happen I hope he still gets a great arc

He was the only interesting part.

Why didn't Finn just shoot him within the first 5 min of the movie?

True. Han Solo was on the safe side. No surprises at all with him. Same with Chewie and Leia. Rey doesn't feel like a real person and not giving a backstory just because they want to save it for later was a mistake. Maz doesn't feel like a criminal overlord who has lived for 1000 years. Hux is bad casting even though I like Gleeson in other movies. Poe should have died in the first act. Fuck focus groups, REEEEEEEEE. Snoke is bad and Andy Serkis sounds like he is overacting. Finn has a great backstory, but they waste it by making him choose sides too quickly. What a WASTE indeed! Fuck JJ.

Why didn't chewie just shoot him in the head?

He is dyel scum who should consider becoming the first trap force user.

Why didn't Han just push him off the bridge?

>white

>the writers put this much thought into it
>they didn't just write it as "chewie shoots at him and misses"

Why didn't ray just kill him in the torture chamber?

what the fuck did you just say about me, you little bitch?

Rey.

sup black philip

Why didn't he just neck himself?

Biggest plot hole by far.

because they thought his tryhard tortured manchild performance in GIRLS would bring depth and pathos to the franchise

Star Wars is gay lmao Star Trek 4 lyfe nigguh

Kyle Ren was a mistake. - Mom & Dad

Why did they leave the villains out of the trailer? It's like Rey has nothing left to do. She should have been sitting in an innertube and drinking Shirley Temples while having Luke do her nails.

Agreed.

Youre giving wayway too much credit for JJ. Have you ever watched LOST? He didnt write it, but he was the man responsible. Nothing makes sense. Scenes don't need to connect. There's no backstories. They didn't even know what the fuck Snoke will look like. You have no idea about who you're dealing with here. What you see is what you get! Chewie seemed to miss. He did. JJ doesnt think about the possible backstory that is visioned in that comic. He doesnt think that Chewie has been using the bowcaster for what, over 40 years at least? JewJew, FUCK YOU!!

This.

he's white while he's a bad guy

Domination.

Could luke pre anything have defeated kylo?

Do you know why Han went and not Leia?

He's the most interesting character in probably the whole saga. A grimdark McBadGuy that is constantly being pulled towards the good side but fights it as hard as he can going so far as to kill his own father (who was probably a shit dad) just to prove to a holographic spookmeister that he wasn't just talk.

I hope they do something weird as fuck with him going forward.

>Anakin but he's being seduced by the light side

fanfiction tier

Because they are just remaking the same fucking movie over and over and they need a Darth Vader, stupid fucking goy.

>I hope they do something weird as fuck with him going forward.
A definition, if you please sir.

why did they cast this fucking charisma vacuum as Kylo

at least Anakin looked like a movie character

>pulled towards the good side
That's unironically fucking retarded

>think they're going to pull a twist and make him the protagonist

you realize they literally had a death star in the force awakens

we are done taking risks folks

I want him to turn into a good guy in the following movies and rey turn into a bad guy to the dark side.

Why didn't Kylo rape Rey?

>Why couldn't they just kill him off in the first movie?
Because he's the only (non-cloned from Luke's hand) Skywalker

He did, according to sjw's. But by they logic it was mutual rape.

SJW Wars, they needed a gay character to fill their quota

But Poe is enough.

>Youre giving wayway too much credit for JJ. Have you ever watched LOST? He didnt write it, but he was the man responsible.
No, he walked away early on. I hate LOST, trust me, but JJ had very little to do with it.

>Kylo
>gay.

You what.

That is the jewiest looking jew that ever jewed.

Kino Ren desu

He's really the only interesting character in the new cast, although his backstory is still pretty fan-fiction-ish like everyone else's

why was the seventh movie even made to begin with? why couldn't they just kill it off after the first movie?

this is cringe

anyone else think that was Han's body? That's not Finn's hair.

i know that shot must of really hurt kylo. he cringed over in pain in stuff from it

That scene is in the movie. It's Finn, bro.

Because he's one of the most important characters. See the TLJ poster.

And it is.

what the fuck, was maz actually meant to be a criminal overlord or 1,000 years old
even for all their CGI wrinkles she didn't look that old, and is she even hinted at being a criminal kingpin? what fucking criminals? what mob? what organisation? none of this is even shown at any point.
please also say 1,000 years is just an exaggeration and they aren't just going 'yeah but she's even OLDER than yoda!'.

He's the only actual character in the new trilogy. None of the other characters can actually be considered characters. They aren't people.

Because that's not what it really is. Kylo calls it a pull to the light because he's trying to make it an enemy to struggle against. In reality he just can't bring himself to want to be a full dark side asshole and he's wrestling with that.

>Original films and even prequels feature actors of varying ages and levels of attractiveness

>Disney Wars features 100% models in every role. Even Krennic and the screaming nazi commander are sexy

What's this about the fag business?

What? None of the core prequel cast is attractive. Certainly nowhere near the main trio in the originals.

Why would you post this bait? Now it'll be shitposts about how ugly Rey and Kylo are.

Meant the core sequel cast. The Disney ones.

I have a feeling he's gonna be the sasuke of star wars. Eventually being Rey's side kick

>Why couldn't they just kill him off in the first movie
Because they already know they are setting up a trilogy and killing the bad guy every time is fucking retarded. Unless you're doing capeshit and you have a myriad of characters to introduce.

If the OT had killed off Vader in the first one and introduced a new villain each time they'd be as bad as the shitquels.

lol
>i can't bring myself to shoot this boy, the son of my best friend who i watched grow up
>okay maybe just in the gut

Idk if she's really meant to be a kingpin of any sort, but I wouldn't be surprised if shady shit happened in her cantina all the time.

As for the 1000 years old thing, that is 100% canon, no exaggeration. She's basically the embodiment of the "my character is even older and wiser and more powerful than yours is!" schoolyard playground meme.

>please also say 1,000 years is just an exaggeration and they aren't just going 'yeah but she's even OLDER than yoda!'.
She literally tells Rey she is a thousand years old.

Says something along the lines of "In my thousand years I have seen a lot of conflict, Jedi Vs. Sith, Rebels Vs. Empire."

Except, of course, that he's not a Jew.

Hes literally the last skywalker now that luke is a fag

Because he was fucking pissed and not thinking straight.

>weird as fuck
I totally get what you mean. It's time to stop going in the direction that everyone expects and start crafting original, interesting characters who don't just piggyback on their predecessors.
I'm hoping they'll start with a very different take on Kylo's outfit. If the trailer is any indication, his scar isn't going to be all that prominent, which is unfortunate considering I was envisioning a massive, ugly, Tyrion-from-the-books-tier scar on his face that would instantly set him apart from any character we've ever seen. However, I hope they go with a sleeker, more metallic look for his outfit, not rubbery-looking like Vader but more medieval-ish to fit in with his Arthurian motif. Hefty pauldrons and greaves, boots that click with every step, and a real chestplate-no more fabric coverup. And a cloak, of course. Some Old Republic aesthetics would defintely serve the setting well.

He doesn't have an ugly scar because he's not staying a bad guy and may have a romance plot with Rey.

The whole point of his character is trying and failing to piggyback off Vader anyways.

>The whole point of his character is trying and failing to piggyback off Vader anyways.
You're confusing in-universe piggybacking with blatant copy-paste cashgrabs. I know the point of Kylo's character is that he's a desperate, hopeless Vaderboo, but what I meant was that he shouldn't have to rely on Vader's mainstream popularity to stand out as a character of his own. He has the potential to be a new icon if they don't just take the same old formulaic approach with him.

What do you consider the formulaic approach? Because if you mean redemption, then I disagree.

I actually think he should go for redemption, and I also think the current trajectory of the plot is headed that way, which I'm glad for. Vader was redeemed, but not really because he died like 10 seconds later. I want to see a darker character become light again (and maybe even have Rey turn to the dark side, though we both know that'll never happen)

>(and maybe even have Rey turn to the dark side, though we both know that'll never happen)
It's the only way to salvage the character.

>Why did they leave the villains out of the trailer?

they didn't.

luke is the villain

they couldn't show kylo because the movie focuses around his redemption arc and it's hard to show that without spoilers. all they could really show was his broken mask.

Kylo was in the trailer, though. So was Phasma.

luke is going dark and taking rey with him, kylo is too emotional and compassionate to be a true sith, the deaths weigh on him.

you can actually see this in the duel between the two, rey fights with anger like a sith while kylo fights with temperance like a jedi.

Luke going dark is retarded.

It makes sense that the mentor and apprentice catch each other going the other way. It adds to the OT and inverts the prequels. I wasn't certain that the dark figure of Luke was a hint, because he sounded like a yoga instructor.

phasma from the trailer was a flashback scene, she died in the first movie.

theres only two shots of kylo and they are very short, the first one is the back of his head and it's cocked to the side and maskless. there is an emotional weakness to this scene. second one is just him and his sword and actually looks like it might be from the flashback scene

Luke seems to be going more grey than anything. I think that he alone finally realizes the pointlessness of light and dark duking it out in the form of people and accepts that both must be in harmony to survive.

>The good guys have to get along with the psychopaths that want to kill them all

hamill also said he hated every thing they wrote about his character.

Where did you see the scene with the back of Kylo's head. I've seen the trailer multiple times and definitely did not see this scene.

Also, rumors say that Phasma has a bigger role in this movie...so what she died in TFA?

source

the idea of luke not being a good guy absolutely triggers people, but what is the other option here?

kylo has been set up from the first movie to be a good guy. he was on the verge of an emotional breakdown with his father, and literally lost a duel to rey because he was afraid of hurting her.

so with kylo turning to a protagonist role, who is going to replace him? luke is the only character they've established that they've shown with any hint of dark/

people also forget that disney is 100% going to try to one-up the "I am your father" scene

>but what is the other option here?
Following his characterization faithfully?

Snoke is the villain, not Kylo.

It's not a flashback scene and Phasma isn't dead. She's alive and there's even a comic starring her coming out that's meant to bridge TFA and TLJ.

You see Kylo from the front in the trailer holding out his lightsaber and it's not a flashback because he has his scar.

she got crushed or something

she's going to have a large role in the flashbacks with luke and his going ons

I could be wrong but should be 45 seconds in. could be a woman but looks like him in a room full of people in uniform. leia is dead IRL and I don't know any other characters it could be.

He said he disagreed but then suggested that he trusted in Rian's vision and changed his mind.

Luke is clearly going to be a grey figure. You can't deny it after seeing that poster. He looks scarier than even Kylo does. I don't think he'll actually be dark, though. He might think he has to do something that seems questionable, or maybe did something questionable in the past that related to Kylo's motivation to turn against him.

She's not dead and nothing suggests she's having a role in flashbacks or has anything to do with Luke. Why are you spouting complete bullshit?

starwars.com/news/swco-2017-marvel-reveals-captain-phasma-miniseries-exclusive

>snoke is the villain, not kylo

confirmed for knowing nothing of how to write a story

emperor palpatine was also the villain, the movies still would have been fucking shit if it was just a geriatric old man in a chair sending stormtrooper mooks at luke for an hour an a half.

you need an active threat to provide urgency and confrontation, and snoke is basically a gentle looking cripple in a chair who'd die to a stiff breeze