MLS becomes best league in the world in the future for a long time

>MLS becomes best league in the world in the future for a long time
>"Player X is overrated because he never played in the US"
This is what will happen in the future.

Kek.... no

It will never, ever happen. The interest in soccer just isn't here. The Chinese League will probably end up being the next big thing.

The Chinese league has no sustain, it will fall off quick, just like how a couple of years ago everyone thought Eastern European (mainly Russian) team would start to contest in Europe

They're only allowed 3 foreign (good) players per team so it's unlikely to ever take off. Really great idea from a national team perspective though, would be great if the English FA implemented something similar with our league only instead of 3 JFs there should be none.

>The interest in soccer just isn't here.

Ummm it's literally the most played sport in your country sweetie. And with the demographic shift of your country becoming majority brown people (happening very soon), and the dwindling interest in your other sports, it's inevitable that soccer will become America's number one sport.

For me, it's the Indian super league.

>england's shit at football because of muh domestic league's foreign policy
you're shit because you're shit.

>sweetie

Die

Sorry no one watches your shit league mate.

what the fuck does that have to do with anything?
nice strawman, you dimwit.

Whoa.People outside india watch isl??

>Ummm it's literally the most played sport in your country

Because it's the main sport for women and it's extremely popular for suburban families to sign up young children for rec leagues. It's been that way for decades. At the age of around 10-12 all the boys who are athletic drop soccer and move on to other sport.

>Country hosts four (4) leagues that are considered the apex of their respective sports
>League for the actual most popular sport in the world is utterly irrelevant
I WANT MY COUNTRY TO BE THE BEST AT EVERYTHING REEEEEEEEEE

>Ummm it's literally the most played sport in your country sweetie.
By women and children. Once boys hit puberty, they're expected to move onto a "real" sport. This stigma is one of the main reasons men's pro soccer struggles to catch on.
>And with the demographic shift of your country becoming majority brown people (happening very soon)
Most of my hispanic friends prefer American football or baseball.
>dwindling interest in your other sports
NFL's slight dip is ratings is for political reasons, not decrease in interest in American football. Hence McMahon trying to capitalize on it by restarting his old league. Even so, NFL is still by and large the most popular league here.

>Country hosts four (4) leagues that are considered the apex of their respective sports

But that's mainly because nobody else plays those sports seriously. The NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL aren't competing with anyone else, they're the best by default, nobody else is trying.

What, most other countries only have one sport they care about? How plebeian.

Will never happen. Concachampions is too shit for the MLS to ever get recognition

Nah, in another generation when we (Mexican-Americans) make up a majority of the US, soccer will take off.
So much for the wall

Soccer has been popular for a long time in the US with ebbs and flows depending on media and other sports but the MLS isn't going to be a real top league like epl or bundes until the salary caps are removed and the expansion/draft system is overhauled, which will take atleast another decade

I know it's unlikely. The thread was more about the "overrated because didn't play in X"