Anime that would be impossible for Hollywood to adapt

>Anime that would be impossible for Hollywood to adapt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DehmPOkrtRc
youtube.com/watch?v=rWlx2JiY4t0
fapservice.com/shoujo-ramune-hentai-review-episode-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've been rewatching that for the past two weeks. I forgot how stupid and often all of the sudden powerups are. Why do shows do that? It's so awful.

togashi didn't give a FUCK post dark torunament arc

Are the movies any good? Never seen them.

It's a shonen son, the power ups are a given within any shonen anime.

Yusuke is one the coolest MC's we've had tbqh.

Kuwabara, Genkai, and Urameshi are the only good characters. This show is mostly wasted potential, like most shonens.

We already have our first cast member

shonen is not a genre.

Kuwabara is the only one who couldn't justify his random ridiculous power up

the rest of them were literally special snowflakes. Yusuke was the son of a turbo mega demon, Vegeta was an S-tier demon as a baby or some shit, and Fuccboi was also a special super demon.

Yes it is, most popular anime are shonen.

Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, etc etc.

MODS DELETE THIS GARBAGE OFF MY BOARD
Animefaggots are starting to get comfortable because we allowed a couple threads here and there. Enough is enough, talking with these condescending autists is awful. I want them OUT

You're right. It's take up valuable space for Marvel vs. DC and Blacked threads

This. We need to make space for another thread about how Gal Gadot is slightly underweight.

Can AOTY Dragon Maid be adapted?

Blacked threads are Board Kino. They're integral to the culture of this board.

Idris Elba?

YOU DO NOT BELONG HERE
BACK TO YOUR BOARD WHERE YOU DISCUSS JERKING OFF TO ANIME CHARACTERS AND ROLE PLAYING AS DEGENERATE TRAPS
FUCK OFF, IF YOU'RE GOING TO IMMIGRATE TO ANOTHER BOARD AT LEAST TRY TO BLEND IN

Oops, looks like OP bumped off another Pickle Rick or Colbert thread.

>Dragon Ball

Another show that would have been way better without the later in the story reinvention of the characters. After Raditz arrives and Goku and Piccolo are suddenly now aliens, the entire series just goes to shit.

Out of the main cast you mean? A lot of the enemies and side characters were great.

Kurama made sense and wasn't as bullshit as it was well established who he had been before he got the power boost though yeah he's pretty snowflake esque.

Nothing will over out bullshit yusuke at the end of Chapter Black. It came out of nowhere and retroactively made all his victories seem less meaningful.

YOU
DO
NOT
BELONG
HERE
THIS IS NOT THE BOARD FOR DISCUSSING ANIME
THIS BOARD IS FOR DISCUSSING KINOGRAPHE
FUCK YOU AUTISTS

Anime threads are the only threads on this board where people actually have a discussion beyond hurling insults or spamming memes.

Why do people watch this? Is it funny?

It was all fine until this shit. They should have left yusuke dead in that cave and ended the show with the gang finishing off sensui or something

Is actually really touching and qt, plus it helps all the characters are likeable and from time to time the animation goes insane with Kyoanus quality.

>Yes it is
No it's not you fucking retard.

All anime

take your pills sebastian

>Yes it is
except it's not
>most popular anime are shonen.
shonen is not a genre, and what does popularity have to do with anything?

nice television and film discussion

Yu Yu Hakusho would be an easy adaptation. You'd have to gut some stuff to make it fit into four moves but it could work. The first one would be rough. there's a lot of material to stuff into it. (Yusuke dies, comes back, meets Hiei, Kurama, goes into Genkai's tournament, fights the Spirit Beasts) Some good moments would have to go.

Second movie would be the easiest. Start with Yusuke taking on that case to save Yukina, then build to him vs. Toguro in the finals. Chapter Black would be the most interesting movie since it's the best saga. Ending is kind of wonky. Might change it so it ends as a cliff hanger.

Maybe then you do a Hiei and Kurama origins movie, then do the final saga.

>nice television and film discussion

Well, this show was on tv once. That's how I watched it.

F U C K O F F

thanks

Have you even seen the state of this board?

Yes

Boku no Pico

>stop discussing anime, a form of television and film, on a television and film board on a website that was originally made for anime discussion

Really activates your almonds.

Yu Yu Hakusho would be incredibly easy to adapt.

Dude dies and becomes a spirit detective.

You know? that awesome premise it had before they made it spirit dragon ball z with radom retarded tournaments and shit.

Have to change it up because white people can't fight for shit, it makes sense for them to be all black gods and fucking some white pussy and inseminating their wombs with superior black seed while some white bois watch.

Mods deleted other anime thread. Prepare your asshole, cartoon watching autist.

After the huge sucess that was GITS, when can we expect this prequel?
Also cast:
>Nene - Felicity Jones
>Clarion - Emma Stone

I'm actually hype for the new seasons. It won't be canon but it's still will be interesting to see a well produced adaption with familiar characters on the tv again.

Wow this looks like it has potential. I love being spoonfed back story and plot

6.5/10 show

Same.
lolsorandumb shit for teh penguin of d00m audience

This is a topic about anime that could be difficult to adapt into a Hollywood feature. It is only inevitable that they would want to adapt that after all the comic book genre has been washed up. Still television and film.

is it possible?

I could never get into this. It just seems lolrandum

Anime threads are a step up from nonstop capeshit shilling, SJW bait, and politics threads though.

6.5/10 isn't a terrible rating though.

Please no

It had good animation and music so it was a lot better than the average shit. Writing and humor weren't my thing.

it's spastic and retarded but has good underlying themes. Better enjoyed as a teen than an adult

Absurd =/= lolsorandum

Thanks for the honest answer. I usually just see these flavor of the week things as fap bait packaged with cheap humor. May check it out.

You all know the next animu thing Hollywood is going to ruin is going to be Attack on Titan.

Most humor is absurd. This was more like "dysfunctional"

>budget would be too high because of mech fights and angels
>freudian psychology and religious symbolism would seem weird to mainstream western audiences
>has themes that are taboo in america, like teenagers exploring their sexuality

Evangelion is the one anime that hollywood will never touch.

Hollywood doesn't need to "ruin" anything, the series is already reddit garbage

Kinda sucks they deleted my thread. Maybe this one can actually go on without getting any more derailed

I feel like after Goku defeats Frieza it becomes tiresome. It turns into how much more Super Saiyan can you get and every other character becomes irrelevant

One of the best moments was when Tien went apeshit on Cell.

Needed more of that. More of the supporting human cast training hard and defeating opponents by being clever

Dont talk to me about the absurd you piece of shit

At least you didn't get banned for it. Did you get a warning? Maybe the ban will come in a few hours

No problem, i usually don't watch Kyoani animus...last i watched was Chunnicancer but i read the mango of Dragon Maid a while ago and they did a great job with their adaptation.

>tfw they don't dub animu opening songs anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=DehmPOkrtRc

Who would be insane enough to direct it though? Based on past films I always thoughtDarren Aronofsky would be an okay fit

how badly would the fuck it up?

I want it so bad but then again the voice acting from the tv was downright embarrassing

youtube.com/watch?v=rWlx2JiY4t0

Yeah I got a warning. Hoping I don't get banned for that shit

does people watch anime in the radio?

Gundam Wing and Patlabor.

The English I mean. The Japanese WAs perfect

EoE was a fluke made under unusual circumstances. The context for it just doesn't exist today.

Even then, Western audiences wouldn't take well to the amount of child sexualization in this. Any Hollywood adaption would have to be almost unrecognizable from the source material.

The only way I could see this ever happening is if some user gets obscenely rich and makes this a personal project.

Wasn't Michael Bay eyeing that

only if youre a dub fag

Why would you turn an animated movie into live action? I can understand doing the opposite, but why adapt a story for an inferior medium?

Animation is THE story telling medium. You can invent characters and worlds and make them look exactly how you want. There are no visual limitations like in live action. No famous actors that you've seen in other movies to ruin your immersion. The creators don't have to compromise their vision at all. You're creating a world out of nothing.

Live action is literally shit.

>english dub for NGE is actually pretty good
>replace nearly everyone except for the main characters for EoE
I dunno what the fuck they were thinking

She has the Sup Forums symbol on her shirt! I hereby declare generic anime girl #1249 to be /ourgirl/

Because Sup Forumsedditors are fucking idiots. The same mindset they have is why the ghost in the shell movie happened

>Markie Mark is Gendo
>The rest of the cast are delicious brown girls and Megan Fox.

wrong anime fagit

Make Kaji black, obviously.

Live-action can add gravitas to creative works for people who refuse to suspend disbelief for animation. The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are wildly popular but if they were animated they would not be. Both would be vastly superior as animated works, but people refuse to buy in unless they see real people on screen.

Yeah, if only the heads of animation studios weren't fucked in the head and actually had the ambition to tell a great story

The bully dude from the OA is literally Kuwabara

>/ourdragon/

Thw walking dead was pretty popular as a video game wasn't it.

Does he joins the team and fights in the Dark Tournament too?

live action of this when?
source is fapservice.com/shoujo-ramune-hentai-review-episode-1/

They should do One Punch Man.

do Sup Forums and Sup Forums shits come here to discuss their garbage because we are the most fun board?

He starts off as a bully who punches a choir boy in the throat, then softens up and becomes part of the team of supernatural weirdos

Those screens aren't at all what I was expecting. Neat.

What a fucking asshole, eating her ice cream like that

go back to Sup Forums retard

I agree. cell was pretty good and they should have ended there