How do Euros feel about American sports?

How do Euros feel about American sports?

You should combine them into one super sport

>How do yurps feel about American sports?
Who cares?

dey aight

Who cares what those cheese eating surrender monkeys think

hockey is cool but the nhl matches always start so late which is annoying.

I had a dream this happened last night and I saw Jaylen Brown dunk on Tom Brady

You must watch nba

I don’t desu

>Handegg
Could have the potential to be fun if it weren't for the idiotic commercials every fucking minute or so.
I really don't understand how Americans let themselves be screwed like that and accept it. Spending 3 hours of one's lifetime on what is basically a teleshopping show occasionally interrupted by sport. Ridiculous.

But I digress....

>Basketball
Meh, only really fun to watch for the last quarter when the game's still close.
The first 3/4 are quite boring and negligible.
Basically like the trailers for other movies in the movie theater ahead of the movie you actually came to watch.

>Ice hockey
When I bought my PlayStation 2 back in the day, I bought a special EA sports pack with FIFA 2002 and NHL 2002. It was quite fun to play.
Never really got into the actual sport, but I can see why people could like it.

>Baseball
Not a sport.
Srsly, never will I ever recognize baseball as a real sport, never ever.
It's a little game you play after a family gathering when you ate too much and you want to burn some calories and move around a bit, but not too much and just have a bit of fun with some family members.
It's quite unbelievable and mind-boggling that Americans unironically treat that as an actual sport and made a professional league out of it.

So yeah there you go, my honest non-meme opinions about American sports (and baseball).

Love the NBA and watch most Celtics games, watch the NFL playoffs and Superbowl, don't really care about the rest

Indifferent.

NBA and NHL are somewhat good I guess

MLB and NFL are such fucking shit "sport" it's mind boggling people actually watch them

Had the same dream but with Marcus Smart

literally pesäpallo tier

The Celtics r a great team to watch.

you'd be an excellent american

So theyre absolutely BASED

They should bw divided between league and playoff wich each troohies having equal value
Less adverts
No anthem

Not european but I'm 1/4 italian and 1/3 spanish/portuguese so I think my point must be heard.

>Baseball
Comfy sport, Playoffs are fun, regular season is pointless.

>NBA
One of the most entertaining sports, if not the most, but NBA is a shit league. Too many games in the regular season, at least in Baseball only the best from it's on conference (pls the widecards) gets to go to the Playoffs, here you have 80 games in the regular season and more than half of the teams go to the playoffs. Plus is filled with politics, Ghetto culture, adds and the coverage is 100% obnoxious shit. Sometimes I just stick to International games and the Euroleague for those reasons.

>NFL
It's kinda cool actually, I just don't feel the hype at all, the Superbowl this year felt like any other Handegg game I have ever saw, in Football you can literally feel the tension in a big final.

>NHL
Boring, the sport is bad too.

>too many games in the NBA but not baseball
>hockey is a bad sport

Lmao please never reproduce

no, we like having more than one sport because we don't know what the fuck to do with ourselves in the offseason.

But I said that MLB regular season is pointless in my post, my muttfriend.

Some of the worst opinions I've seen on this board

>NBA
I hate the sport because only the last few minutes seem to count for much, the fact that there is too much scoring, teams being carried by one player, etc etc. However it is quite popular among youths and especially black people (for obvious reasons).
>NFL
At times the tension can be nail biting, there is a lot of strategy and decision making I like; but I do feel that there are too many commercials and stoppages, some stoppages would be fine to reflect on what happened and what move I would do next if I was the quarterback, but sometimes it gets obnoxious.
>NHL
My second favourite sport, it's fast, exciting, tough as nails, and really fun. It's like football (association) but better.
>MLB
Personally my favourite sport, it's absolutely amazing when you commit to it and discover the ever unravelling intricacies of the game.

In terms of popularity in the UK I would said it's:
1:NFL
2:NBA
3:MLB
4:NHL

>Baseball
>Not a sport.
Yes, hurling a hard ball at 95 miles per hour that can literally murder you instantly even if you're wearing the appropriate gear is a game to be enjoyed by families after a genial get-together.

I totally get why someone wouldn't like watching hockey if they arent familiar with the game. I probably wouldn't either if my dad didn't have me on skates with a stick in my hand basically from birth

Very good opinions friend.

The only thing that I feel about American sports is that conflicting schedules makes US based players miss their national team games

This but add nascar in the mix.

Thanks mate, you have the same opinions?
I'm not sure about that because I really liked it after watching one game, as I said here Hockey is just an improved version of football. It took me a couple of games to start getting really into baseball.

Hopefully you are paid to shill this hard

Fuck off irrelevant shithole.

Shill what?
Why the fuck would any multi-billion dollar sports league try and shill themselves on a niche sports board on a website for neets?

>Thanks mate, you have the same opinions?
For the most part yes. I like hockey a little more than baseball, but that's mostly because come summer time I'm too busy to watch half the games.

You absolutely nailed why I hate watching the NBA though.

You just posted the most cliche american "banter" that was possible
You're like a masked alien that tries to play a human

The worst thing is that baseball gets started as soon as the playoffs in NHL start, juggling these two is pretty hard to do, moreso when you live 6hrs ahead of the games.
I don't get why NBA is so popular in the first place, how did it even get big in the states?

Yeah, although the main reason I started watching them is because they're in the east and I can stay up for most of their games as they usually start around midnight

Have you ever had a moment of talking to friendly stranger and some stinking drunken unwanted cunt waltzes into your conversation just to provoke?
Because I think I'm witnessing the internet equivalent.

My sides, he just keeps on going

>how did it even get big in the states?
Lot of pop culture especially in the 90's made it's popularity skyrocket. Now it's mostly held up because it's got a extremely high youth participation rate in the states vs football and hockey, and is the most watched college sport in the nation.
I personally don't get the hype, epsecially since like 70% of NBA teams are nobodies that I genuinely don't understand why anybody would watch (like the Nuggets, Clippers, Pelicans, Grizzlies, etc.).

sure kid. A game which revolves around superhuman arm strength and sprinting isn't a sport. Have fun playing soccer with Muhammad.

overhyped popcorn MTV yo-wassup-nigg shit

Baseball is the GOAT sport.

Am I just imagining or is hockey actually more popular than baseball and basketball on Sup Forums?

>superhuman arm strength and sprinting isn't a sport

Tony Gwynn being a fat fuck and possibly the greatest hitter of the modern era is pretty remarkable. He couldn't just leg out an infield single, he had to make them all count, and he had little if any power with that big frame. Really a remarkable fat fuck player that proves baseball is a skill rather than a traditional sport.

im american and in i dont know this sports fuccinkg nigger

epic post

Sideways Austria are you feeling alright?
Are you having a stroke?

If I sold you my soul could you get the Tigers a world series win?

>Rugby League with armour and adverts
>Rounders
>Hockey with punching
>Netball for blacks

Completely indifferent desu, it doesn't even exist for me. I admire how your college football games fill huge-ass stadiums, though.

fpbp

>Most watched college sport.
Dafaq? How is it bigger than college football? I know there is March Madness but you have some college stadiums seating 100k+.

I meant to write "one of the most", but it really depends on which school you're talking about. Some schools have a bigger focus on basketball over football, so alumni and area locals watch that more often.
College football is generally more popular, but March Madness is one of the most watched sports tournaments in the country, consistently every year.

>euros

thanks for the invitation

NBA: extremly fun to watch, one of my favorite sports
NFL: kinda meh, still like it over rugby

NHL: Kinda fun to watch actually

Baseball: shit

But pesoball is litty af

>The worst thing is that baseball gets started as soon as the playoffs in NHL start
I think that's one of the best parts. If you're like me and your two favourite sports are hockey and baseball then there's absolutely no waiting between seasons. A few early season games might get missed for playoffs, but I'm fine with that. Both have long enough seasons where that doesn't make too much of a difference from a fans perspective.
Plus in Canada and America you have Major-Junior, NCAA and AHL hockey to watch, plus NCAA. minor league and independent baseball in the summer. We already kind of have these competing interests all season long, so it's not like we're overwhelmed when playoffs come around because there's suddenly too much to follow. We're constantly overwhelmed with sports throughout the year.

Holy fucking BASED

>the 3rd world hovels around the world will NEVER experience this

Baseball is just trash tier.
American football is too full of fat dudes and advertisement breaks.
Basketball seems like it might be cool but the stupidly high scoring kills it for me.
Hockey is hard to understand positioning/build up/tactics/etc, it just looks like a mad scramble on ice. Might be cool if I understood it.

If you aren't being blasted with Pepsi advertisements or fireworks there's just a huge mess on the screen with everything happening at once. There's no room for the slow build up and anticipation you can get in football that makes even a miss mean so much. When the game is 112-78 or something it's hard to get hyped about the next time something happens as you've already seen it 30+ times in the last hour.

Also no relegation is fucking aids. I couldn't come up with a more plastic, fake, commercial system than the franchise model. We joke about fans of certain teams being "customers" but America takes it to a whole new level.

Handegg is boring, too many breaks
Can't see the puck hokkei but it's alright
Literally don't find basketball interesting
Never watched baseball, never will

>ITT: everyone in the world hates boreball

holy shit move /mlb/ to /asp/ rn

OP came in answering a question im sure he now knows he doesn't want the answer to lol

boreball BTFO forever

The no pro/reg thing is mostly so there can be more variance in locations for sports teams.
In reality, most Americans wouldn't support a team that was relegated in any sport except MAYBE football, so the only places that would continue to support b-rank teams would be large cities like LA, NY, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco and that kind of thing. Smaller markets like Minnesota, Colorado, Kansas City, and Seattle would end up losing their sports teams out of interest, and they'd either end up folding or spending every year teetering between both leagues.
A agree that the draft system is worse, but realistically most American leagues would never even consider adding a pro/reg system.

There's a bunch of euros itt that have said they like baseball. It's an acquired taste anyway. It would be like expecting Americans to like Cricket.

>everyone
Blind idiot detected

Basketball is extremely fun to watch and play, I probably watch it more than soccer nowadays

>juggling these two is pretty hard to do,
duh one is a three week to a full month event the other is just one out of 6 or so month of baseball

everyone here hates your shit sport besides favelamonkey and a euromuslim doing damage control among a few salty americans "hurr durr are players superhuman" kek

Incomprehensible post.

So thats not everyone then.

>murrfat education

Did you get raped at little league practice or something?
You have to have some reason to be doing this every thread.

NBA
Love playoffs games. Best basketball in the world.
NHL
Like it, but can never see the fucking puck so i dont watch it
NFL
Meh, its alright i guess, but dont really care for it. Loved to play tecmo bowl back in the day
MLB
Not a sport.

I really have nothing against baseball, it sounds like a great event to go to with your family and watch while chatting, it just seems boring watching it by yourself at home

Euro living in the US:

>NBA:
Used to be ok in like 1996. Wouldn't watch it now
>NFL:
More flags than a North Korean military parade, no thanks
>NHL:
The GOAT
>MLB:
Fuck me, this boring horseshit makes cricket look like rollerball

favelamonkey on damage control
salty ameritard compatriots

anons still rolling in withe the MLB hate, kek

>kek boreball BTFO!!1!!1
Unarguable proof that Sup Forums is for kids these days.

Baseball gets a lot more fun to watch once you come to understand the underlying statistics and the mind games between the pitcher and batter.
It's not a sport for everyone, and I can see why Euros wouldn't find it that interesting, but once you get into it it's pretty comfy imo.

Kek
Hope this is ironically

old fat fucks forever btfo

>can never see the fucking puck
brainlet

Fuck off Urugay, no one asked you.
Go back to jerking off to the Celtics.

Yeah, I get that, if I grew up in the US watching and playing baseball with my dad I'd probably enjoy it more, seems way too complicated to get into it now

Miggy looking at strike three LMFAO

Im a Bulls fan myself. Grew up watching the GOAT

>this damage control
get rekt blurnsball fag lol

Baseball's rules are unironically less complicated that handegg and certainly hockey, I'd say. Once you understand how pitching/batting works, the rest is ezpz.

Eyelet tbahwyfamalamadingdong

>American Football
The little I watched of it was actually pretty fun. I judged the sport too much without knowing it. I think I may watch of it more in the future.
>Basketball
I think it's okay. It's one of those sports that I think it's more fun to play it than to watch it, though.
>Baseball
>Ice Hockey
I have yet to watch a single match of these. From the clips I've seen, ice hockey looks pretty crazy, though.

ur supposed to watch the players, not the puck
after some experience you should automatically know where the puck is by the players reactions

this

Ice Hockey is a lot like futsal but much faster and more physical.
Baseball is kind of boring unless you've played it, grew up watching it, or if you're really into statistics.

hockey confirmed as GOAT

GOAT American Sports Rankings:
1) Hockey
2) Basketball
3) Football
4) Boxing
((((((POWER GAP))))))
5) Turnleft
6) cagefight
(((((POWER GAP))))
999) luckswing

All wrong.

Ice Hockey

>getting into this. I like it because it's the closets NA sport to football and isn't completely pussified like football can be at times these days

>Football

think I need someone to sit down with me and explain the strategy. I watch 1 or 2 games a year and am bored to death. way too stop stop as is stands

>Baseball

No strong opinion, I like cricket so I'd be a bit of a nob to dismiss it out of hand. feels like it'd be a bit pointless being a fan of someone, the amount of game splayed are insane

>Basketball

Amazing athletes and some of the dunks you see are spectacular but one team scoring, then the other team going and scoring just isn't a fun spectacle.

stop start*

>Basketball that high when half the posters in this thread say they don't like it
>Boxing and MMA are American sports
Time to stop posting, Tyrone.

>Amazing athletes and some of the dunks you see are spectacular but one team scoring, then the other team going and scoring just isn't a fun spectacle.

This. I want to like basketball but it's boring as fuck outside of the last quarter or a blowout.

>half the posters in this thread
most say its a very fun sport to play, and the athletes are the most athletic out of all of the other sports, the NBA is just terrible which it is most times besides the playoffs

sorry nobdy pays attention or even cares enough about luckswing to even give an answer other than "not a sport" kek

referring to soccer in that first part, then handegg in the second bit. need to stop posting when on benzos