Really makes you think

Really makes you think

Does this prove that money doesn't win you Champions League?

How many leagues?

Yet the only teams that have a shot are super rich teams. You won't see another Steaua, Red Star or PSV embarrassing "the greats" of Europe in modern football.

PSG shouldn't have gone for Mbappe.
If they want anyone to give a shit about Ligue 1 it has to have an OUNCE of competitiveness.
But PSG are so retarded they go and destroy that.
If they were smart they'd try to sign another great player from one of the other "big leagues" like they did with Neymar and Dani Alves.
Cretins.

>discounting all the previous decades of mad Madrid spending

It compounds.

Porto 2004?

also, bvb and atletico making it to the final weren't exactly super rich teams

Luckiest draws ever.

>Real Madrid won 3 CL in 5 years because previous decades of spending
?

>Manchester Utd
>a decent Lyon
>a god-tier Coruna (killed AC Milan and Juventus)
>a god-tier Monaco (killed Real Madrid and Chelsea)

Could have been easier.

Madrid always bought star players with utter disregard for what we call financial fair-play today, so that means a huge and profitable fan base that allows them to invest in infrastructure, buy even more players at ridiculous prices (remember the CR7 transfer?), etc.

PSG spent huge amounts in 5 years to catch up with the even huger amounts spent by Madrid over decades to cement its position as the world's top club.

Thats Madrid wih shalke roma city and wolsbugo

Can't deny Halal have done some good business over the past few years.

Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Navas were absolute bargains, Carvajal was from their own youth and developed nicely at Leverkusen.

The rest of the first team has basically been in place since 2009. The additions of those players finally made them win things.

Meanwhile they sold their garbage players like Morata, Danilo and Di Maria for ridiculous sums, thanks to the Premier League

The only real flop was James. I wonder why they loaned him out so cheaply when they could have sold him to a PL club for 60m+.

holy fuck i accidentally reddit spaced like a madman

the last big Real transfers were
Ronaldo - good
Bale - good for 1 season
James - good for 12 games
that's it.
previous decades are irrelevant for current success in OP picture (last 5 years), but ofcourse they matter for overall history.

yea but still their bench depth is fucking shit now

Bale was very overpriced as well, the world's most expensive bench warmer.

>previous decades are irrelevant for current success in OP picture (last 5 years)
They bought C. Ronaldo 10 years ago with money earned more than 10 years ago.

>utter disregard for what we call financial fair-play today

what? Real has been one of the two clubs in the world with the highest revenue for at least 15 years. of course they're big spenders but they make plenty of money too so I doubt FFP would have meant shit anyway

he won them 2 trophies in 2014 though

>implying halal won't spend like 400m+ this summer, 250 on kane alone

>implying you aren't a Muslim

I am still mad about that last minute AC Milan goal in the 2006 Semi-finals.

>

Probably the last example of a "surprise" final, between Porto and Monaco. However, Porto had a very good team that made up the backbone of Portugal's Euro 2004 team, which was the favourite. I remember Monaco embarrassing Real Madrid and Depor getting to semis kek

Literally no reason to give away Hamas. But Pérez is demented and bought into the brave Spanish manlet meme that is Isco.

Don't forget Apoel and Galatasaray. Based Uncle Flo

>Real has been one of the two clubs in the world with the highest revenue for at least 15 years
...and even much, much bigger debt.

It was the best year desu.

>Porto winning the CL
>Greece winning the Euro

Shitposting on Sup Forums would have been incredible.

You can buy a league, but luck wins you a cup.

There are so many events that would have been wonderful if Sup Forums had existed back then...
> 1950 Maracanazo
> 1954 miracle of Bern
> 1956 flight of Hungarian players after the revolution
> 1958 Busby babes crash
> 1974 Black September in Munich
> 1976 PANENKA'D
> 1978 Neverlands being Neverlands again in a row
> 1979 Nottingham Forest memeing into European championship
> 1980 Nottingham wins again + miracle on ice
> 1985 Heysel disaster which leads to English b&
> 1986 Barcelona btfo in Spain by Steaua, Maradona's hand of God
> 1989
> 1990 Dinamo vs Red Star /riot/
> 1991 Red Star become European and world champions, so Yugoslavia implodes
> 1993 OM bribe scandal
> 1994 Ayrton Senna dies, Andrés Escobar pays with his life for that own goal, OJ car chase
> 1995 OJ trial
> 2002 Korefball
> 2004 I am Greek
> 2006 Calciopoli