There will never be a good Fall of Gondolin film

>there will never be a good Fall of Gondolin film
>we will never see based Tuor, Ecthelion and Glorfindel on the big screen

>full CGI

Nobody gives a fuck. Anybody over the age of 20 knows the LotR movies are overrated fantasy-fests only worth anything because of the scale of production anyway. The movies themselves are hiking simulators and only FotR is any good as an actual film, plus the books (even as mediocre as they are, even given credit to them as a work of their time period and subject matter) were adapted poorly to film and many of the characters are hollow representations onscreen of what they were in the novels, and sometimes even totally flipped on their heads. Also Frodo+Sam were absolutely laughable in the movies and if you defend them or any of the others in the main cast you're literally mentally deficient and should seek counseling and medication.

tl;dr the LotR movies were not good, go watch Sinbad or Jason + the Argonauts and never post on Sup Forums again. I'll know it's you so don't even try it you fuckin' dummy idiot m*ron stupid d*mmy faggot.

>yeah fuck all the great cities that fell in real life, lets make another white male fantasy movie

eat shit and die double shit skin faggot commie
asswipe ass fuck moron

>lotr books
>mediocre
Please, tell me the literature you read. I bet it has pictures

>t. someone who thought Ender's Game and the Giver were gifts to mankind

>uh oh he found out I was a contrarian who never read LOTR and I'm just spouting reddit memes
>better dodge the question

>uh oh he found out I was a bandwagoner who jumped on the Tolkien express when people told me it was poetry even though it's dry as shit with terrible prose but muh literature so I can defend it no matter what from my high tower and nobody can criticize it or me no matter what
>silmarillion was the best thing ever written yep I'm sure of it

>still dodging the question and throwing in ad hom as well

>not an argument
>also no ad hominems unless you consider 'bandwagoner' an ad hominem you sensitive faggot

>Look ma, I'm trying to fit in!

>Look ma, I've already fitted in!

It clearly falls underneath attacking the person instead of their argument. You'd know that if you read any books that didn't tell you to not color outside the lines

Oh okay, didn't realize that, so how does
>uh oh he found out I was a contrarian who never read LOTR and I'm just spouting reddit memes
fit in?
Oh is that attacking the person instead of the argument too? Jeez I guess I'm confused now, maybe we should start over. You really proved your point though man, good job, I'm humbled.

You never had an argument. I questioned you what books you read and you dodged the question

That's not what we're discussing. This is what was posted
and what should be being discussed. If anything, you're the comment/argument/post dodger.

"This thing is bad because xyz"

"OH YA TELL ME WHAT YOU LIKE SO I CAN TAKE THE PISS OUT OF IT"

"The thing is bad sorry you feel this way"

"LEL QUESTION DODGER"

Yeah okay bud. Defend your movies if you actually want to discuss something, I admire your effort but even as internet arguments go this is pretty pathetic.

>anybody over the age of 20 knows the LotR movies are overrated fantasy-fests
Actually the vast majority of people love them and that's why they swept the Oscars and enjoyed widespread critical acclaim as well as phenomenal box office success and basically launched a whole new LotR franchising campaign in the 21st century. And of course no runaway success would be complete without edgy contrarians like you who insist they're terrible for vague reasons you refuse to give specific examples for, but you still try to act like some kind of authoritative opinion despite the immense weight of professional and expert opinions being against you.

Keep on towing that contrarian line though. I'm sure somebody who doesn't know any better will fall for it and become your acolyte one day.

>Actually the vast majority of people love them and that's why they swept the Oscars and enjoyed widespread critical acclaim
Mostly related to production, which I already mentioned was the most impressive part of the films.

>phenomenal box office success
Yep, fair.

>edgy contrarians like you who insist they're terrible for vague reasons you refuse to give specific examples for
Never said they were terrible, said they were overrated fantasy-fests only worth anything because of the scale of production, then mentioned FotR as the only actual decent "film" of the trilogy. Even most fans of LotR agree it's the strongest of the three, and that the trilogy in general is aging badly because it relies very heavily on cinematic effects and high production values for its time to create a fantasy spectacle.

>you still try to act like some kind of authoritative opinion
No, I post with the background of my own opinion and the opinions of those who are old enough to have seen 'fantasy epics' before LotR was released.

>immense weight of professional and expert opinions
Right, because those are so highly valued here on Sup Forums and by movie-goers in general. Also, """"expert opinions"""".

>Keep on towing that contrarian line though
Yup, somebody has an opinion that isn't yours so they're being a contrarian, just dismiss it outright I'm sure you're absolutely correct in your millenial opinion.

>I'm sure somebody who doesn't know any better will fall for it and become your acolyte one day.
Weird, I was just about to say the same thing. Maybe we're twins who got stranded on opposite sides of the world and this is how we were destined to meet. Wanna find each other at a coffee shop and suck each others dicks?

>great african city sacked by invaders
>literally dozens of dollars worth of damage

OP here. I actually love Ray Harryhausen films and Jason and the Argonauts has been one of my favourite films since I was a child.

I just like the story and the characters behind the fall of Gondolin and I just want to see some classical heroism vs insurmountable odds so cool your jets.

I would love to see a movie based on the firebombing of Dresden but I don't think that would fit the narrative.

Guy you responded to here, I'm fine with your view and have nothing negative to say about your opinion/desires. Good luck with finding more good classical epic fantasy out there, hopefully we'll see a genre turn and get more soon.