This is the most kino moment in network television history...

This is the most kino moment in network television history, and it was before the supposed "golden age of television" we are in now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IyGAhJ971No
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuISMUoJNw8
youtube.com/watch?v=5sH-TLgeW04
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>golden age
>now
lol

you're wrong.

You're right

>muh breaking bad
>muh GoT
>muh TWD

hence the air quotes

This isn't even the best moment in L O S T.

But Network tv is such shit that it's not hard to pick literally any dramatic moment of lost and see how far superior it is to the rest of the shitheap of sitcom trash and copy pasted cop procedurals.

name a more powerful, well shot clip. There are many amazing ones, but the twist of this moment, along with the perfect directing (the toes wiggling in the foreground and shift in focus), along with the score climaxing beautifully. Pure kino.

>This isn't even the best moment
you are 100% wrong, my friend

It's a great scene, but I'm far more partial to this as it was at this moment that I knew LOST wasn't just another tv show, it was something truly special.

youtube.com/watch?v=IyGAhJ971No

>started watching in season 2
>go back to watch how it started
>it's still a twist
He's always sitting in every flashback that episode but I didn't think anything of it

Lost was an awful fucking show and it's fanbase is as fucking retarded and annoying as game of cucks watchers.

his theme music is so based

Lost could have been great but they royally fucked it up the last few seasons.

Honestly, I thought season 5 was ok. They switched it up and pretty much made Sawyer and Juliet the main characters and it was fresh, and the time hopping stuff was really cool. Season 6 started off really good, with how the characters lives end up if the swan station was never made, but jokes on you none of it was real, and the episodes they wasted fleshing out Jack's relationship with his son, Locke's substitute teaching job, and Ben's relationship with Alex was all irrelevant and not real. THATS what pissed me off the most about the final season half the season was pointless.

But overall I think season 4 was the worst. Oceanic 6 was boring as fuck.

Is it worth it to watch Lost if I didn't watch it when it was new?

I used to think season 4 was one of the best seasons, but rewatching it it's probably my least favorite of them all now. It has some great episodes, but overall it was a letdown, too short because of the writer's strike too.

Original thread

Yes, of course it is. It's probably one of the greatest, if now THE greatest tv shows of all time. Just leave this thread and start immediately before faggots come in and start spoiling shit for you.

has anyone re-watched lost and enjoyed it?

I loved it the first time but I was also young

>"golden age of television" we are in now

the fuck are you smoking

yes dude, really good show if you allow yourself to suspend disbelief and not try to rationalize everything

leave thread before you get spoiled and go watch it

Prestige cable killed network television, which was never that great anyway, so of course there haven't been lots of great shows on networks recently.

Hurley was the island the whole time

I rewatch it about every other year, once I get in the mood for it. Still brings me to tears every time, even the fucking finale, which I hated at first, I've grown to love every time I re-watch it.

It's honestly really underrated, LOST was about the characters and their stories, not the mysteries of the Island, but that said they answered a lot of the mysteries but left the answers themselves still relatively open to interpretation, such as what the Island actually was for example.

That final moment of the finale, Jack closing his eyes next to Vincent as the Ajira plane flies overhead is one of the best scenes in the entire show, and it's a shame that people overlook the finale so much because people didn't get all the answers they wanted.

OP here, rewatching it now, loved season 1. Season 2 is great, but with full knowledge of what is going on, the actions of the others are really baffling, and unjustifiably cruel to the survivors of the crash. Anyways I'm on early season 3 and so far I'm enjoying it overall.

>That terrible fucking fake australian accent in that scene
Took me out of it.
It's better on a rewatch because you know the clusterfuck that is season 6 is coming. You can also avoid Over the Sea or whatever it was called. Worst episode conveniently is the only one you can skip.

>The Muffin !!cBVsaJuKz+8

I really need to start filtering trips in general.
None of you post anything worth reading ever.

It's Across the Sea, and it's far from the worst episode of the show. That award goes to the "Jack's Tattoo" episode, or the one where Charlie kidnaps Aaron and has those visions on the beach. Or the Juliet episode with the Other's psychiatrist.

I'm not saying it was a great episode, but it did a serviceable job of at least explaining a lot of elements of mystery that fans were clamoring for, such as Jacob / MIB's relationship.

This is the most kino trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuISMUoJNw8

lost was the last good network show.

i still remember the night they first showed the blast door map, what a ride it was both here and other sites.

People actually think we're in a golden age now? What the fuck is on television these days that has even 10% of the impact that LOST did?

10 most kino Lost scenes:

>Walkabout ending
>Sawyer telling Jack about his father
>Season 2 intro
>Swan system failure and fail safe
>Sawyer meets and kills original Sawyer
>"Not Penny's boat"
>"WE HAVE TO GO BACK"
>Desmond calls Penny in The Constant
>Keamy killing Alex
>Miles and Hugo talking about time travel

The 2nd Golden age of television refers to when cable networks began to offer their own scripted dramas, usually beginning with the Sopranos. LOST is a few years down the line in the age when the OTA networks got in on the action.

>no Juliet scenes

0/10

Why did Ben kill him?

let's really be honest here

the most memorable thing was locke banging on the hatch door and the light coming on. not saying the rest of the show was bad by any means, but the hatch set up the rest of the show.

>Don't you leave me, don't you let go

>tfw when my dad skipped that episode because he's retarded and thought he was somehow watching the first episode again because of the flashback to the plane crash.

he also stopped watching Breaking Bad with only one episode left because he was upset that they made a baby cry on camera.

anyone else have parents who suck at watching TV?

that song is way too distracting to use for a trailer, bad move Lindelof

>Why do you find it so hard to believe?
>Why do you find it so easy?

Lost was pure, uncut kino.

That scene was the first LOST related thing I ever saw. It was a promo for the next episode or something. Then I bought the season 1 DVD a few weeks later and marathoned the whole thing over the weekend.

>the feel when you can now look back and say "this was when it all turned to shit"

That scene makes me sad.

ITS NEVER BEEN EASY

>What about me?!
>What about you, Ben.

>lost was the last good network show.
There've been lots of fantastic shows since:

Person of Interest
Hannibal
The Good Wife
Empire
Fringe

I have to ask about the ending because It could be either, did they dream or imagine it all or did it all happen and the church they all go to is just their spirits meeting to all go to heaven together?

or was it something else entirely

Everything was real. Only thing that wasnt real was the flash sideways in season 6, that was like purgatory.

everything that happened one the island was real, everyone who chipped in and did their part to protect the island got to meet up in heaven later and have a let's-go-to-heaven party. that's why Michael, Ana Lucia, Ben, and others aren't there, they didn't do enough so their souls are still on earth trying to redeem themselves.

it wasn't a perfect ending but hey, getting Lindelof'd is a ride worth taking.

Is Alias good?

>it's a flashback episode

Fuck.

first two seasons are great, after that was when JJ began developing lost and scripting MI3 and the show went to shit.

season 4 finale has zombies, if that paints a picture for how bad the show gets

>Person of Interest
>Fringe

Mah nigga. Both extremely underrated shows. I think they didn't get the attention they should because they weren't easy to classify and didn't have the usualy quippifying protagonists.

I don't have the slightest clue what Alias is even about so all what you said does for me is spoil me.

>its a flashforward episode
>mfw flashforwards

it's basically Buffy but with spies. Bradley Cooper was in it before he became a huge actor.

Quentin Tarantino also plays a villain in the first seasons which is pretty fun to watch

It was ok from what I remember overall but the later seasons ware very hit and miss.

Bad Robot/JJ Abrams POWER RANKING:

1. Person of Interest
2. Westworld
3. LOST
4. Fringe
5. Revolution
6. Alias

>Westworld above anything

>Sawyer telling Jack about his father

this was the scene that surprised me to tears upon rewatch, because it'd been years since I saw it when it aired, and I'd completely forgotten about it

>That moment where jack pulls the trigger on locke but the gun wasnt loaded

Nah man. Fringe just doomed itself by how they ordered the episodes.

If you look at the numbers, the Premiere episode got decent audience and was super well recieved by critics. So I think it was more than 13 million who tuned into the 2nd episode.
And well, that was the super-old baby episode, so probably turned off the normies which you can see because the audience numbers immediatly plummeted to 3 million and it was just down hill from there.

Also the 4th season onward really jumped the shark, which sucks cause that show was god tier for seasons 1-3.
Especially season 1 finale.

Westworld is the only show I like by them.

I still love season 4, even if it doesn't quite fulfill the potential of everyone interacting with their doubles and figuring out the differences in life paths. Could have made for a lot of great moments.The ending was pretty shitty though.
Season 5 is pretty cool too, but it is clear it was never supposed to happen and they had to come up with some spare, emergency plot in order to keep going.

Highest production value, great music, solid script and Anthony Hopkins to top it off.

Only 1 season and it's already top kino

youtube.com/watch?v=5sH-TLgeW04

He's not one of the oceanic travelers, he wanted to go back, he wanted to be the leader. He was not important, not special, he got the information he needed out of locke, who was going to kill himself anyway.

>forgeting the gem nobody fucking watched that is Almost Human.
For shame user.

worst episode is the one with a guy and a girl with expensive jewelery that gets burried

I started Westworld in November and still haven't finished it. Did an entire LOST re-watch in the meantime, which took less than two months. That says it all.

>the gem nobody fucking watched
Admittedly, I didn't watch it yet.

Lindelof agrees with you about Stranger in a Strange Land, he put this on his instagram after the last Leftovers aired

Anyone of you have saved lost verticals?

All it says is you like Lost.

I'm enjoying Leftovers more than I did lost too.

Yeah, I'll admit there were some great individual episodes in Season 4. The Old couple in the merging building is one that stands out as pretty good to me. And I'd be lying if I said seeing all the protags using the countless bio weapons they had accumulated over the series wasn't a great payoff. But Season 4 is really when the overarching plot fell off.

Still, nothing in the series will top the Season 1 finale with the Reveal that it's the real Peter's Grave Walter is visiting and that fucking shot of THE GOD DAMN TWIN TOWERS.

You're all wrong. THIS is by far the worst episode. Still have no idea what they were thinking with this one. Also, when it first aired, it followed a really great episode and you had to wait two weeks for it. The biggest middle finger the show ever gave us.

It had some great individual episodes and was teasing some really cool potential for the overarching plot.

In fact I actually had a theory when I saw it than it took place in the same universe as Fringe just cause of little details that were being dropped here and there.

was that Fire + Water? it's definitely the worst episode of season 2, still don't know why they tried to make the audience hate Charlie when he was by far one of the best characters

I was ready to drop this show by the first time that noise came out of the forest in episode 1

Couldn't even make it to the end of season 1 and seeing how the show ended up, I think I've seen the best of Lost

Like I said, season 4 was likely supposed to be the last and I think all the confusion around cancellation/continuation caused them to rush things, putting what was supposed to be the natural conclusiono to things aside.
The first 3 seasons feel more cohesive because they were likely plotted out from the start and executed according to that plan. You can see hints of it in season 4 as well and I think there was supposed to be another season of interaction between the two sides, but ratings dropped, the network freaked, cancelled them, then un-cancelled, forcing an early conclusion to season 4 and a tacked-on season 5.
It really is a shame because it was one of the better structured "timelines" in tv history.

The golden age began with the Sopranos and ended with Mad Men.

I dunno, I'm a sucker for hallucinations, so I kinda liked it. For example, I really like season 3 episode Further Instructions where Boone walks Locke through the airport in a wheelchair, but no one ever talks about that episode.

>He's a legitimate kinotard

Sup Reddit!

Network fucked up by releasing them out of order initially so no one gave a shit by the time the 5th ep played.

I like to imagine Fringe / L O S T / Almost Human are the same timeline.

Low key best episode of the series

You do understand that when people call this the golden era they are referring to shows like Narcos, Fargo, True Detective, Bloodline, Peaky Blinders.
Not the crap you mentioned.

dont forget the vampire diaries and riverdale

We truly live in the golden era of glorious 3D waifus

My only disappointment with LOST is the smoke monster in general and Ecko's death. Smoke monster needed more development and lore desu.

>golden age
>now
Black Sails is over.

Everything real. Also member the light at core of the island? The walk into the very same light. Just to empathize importance of the island.

a rare situation where the blonde is the least appetizing option

>sjw show
KEK

It was fucking disgraceful the way they just aborted his character and had him become the new face of the MiB for absolutely no reason. What was wrong with his old body?

>writing off shows with trivialities that trigger you as "SJW"

No user, you are the SJW.

MiB feels like wasted potential to me. What in the fuck was the Smoke Monster to begin with?

BS was the only good show and it wasn't even that popular. Tv is fucken shit right now.

*triggered*

>everything happened inside Hurley
really makes me think.