youtu.be/Om-GU8w7Nn0
youtu.be/42io9NK0xq8
youtu.be/-993tLyeVqw
youtu.be/VExw77xJsBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IfB6C8a8ttg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BIG

is Toby Keith countrykino?

Further proof that the board is full of flyover retards.

You know he is user

>getting offended by rednecks putting boots up terrorists assholes
>librulz

Yes

Don't be so hard on yourself, whoever you are. You're probably still ok.

>people listen to Toby Keith unironically

If you don't think this is countrykino you're a fucking faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y

youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc

9/11kino power rankings

1. Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue
9001. Proud To Be An American
Christ that song drove me crazy

>getting offended by rednecks putting boots up terrorists assholes
What the fuck are you on about, Chester?

youtube.com/watch?v=aIq1LvzSLsk
relatable

How do you rank "where were you when the world stopped turning"?

Too dramatic for me. I'm guessing if you were close to it, it probably meant a lot.

I really, really hated proud to be an American. Just something musically about the build up. And it seemed to be the one I heard played over and over again. Even in school, they'd play it in the hallways between classes.

Toby Keith became some sort of weird sort of joke to the left over Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue at the time. Not that he was someone they listened to before it, but I believe they felt it was too "aggressive american" for them. I remember Stewart or Colbert making fun of it. Nothing massive, but I do remember it ruffling some feathers.

Toby is no Alan Jackson, but I like him, for some strange reason I do.

youtu.be/G9x0wbKHos0
youtu.be/JW5UEW2kYvc

who /oldbootsnewdirt/ here?

To follow up on my original post.

I used to hate Toby Keith, then faggots like Luke Bryan showed up, suddenly Toby doesn't seem so bad.

Jesus are these people even trying anymore? What's with all these pop country faggots looking like city boy fairies?

Pic related, what a man looks like

Luke Bryan is part of this batch of guys that are almost completely identical to one another. His songs aren't exactly terrible, but they're just bland. Same with Jason Aldean.

>no little bitty
youtube.com/watch?v=Eo2OIUpWznY

youtube.com/watch?v=stVNdLmKGYw

Who /dwightyoakam/ here?

>Implying I'm not currently listening to little bitty followed by tall tall trees

youtu.be/Ifbmjmlfhp4

BUT I WAS GOOD ONCE

AS I EVER WAS

Shit, I forgot Don't Rock The Jukebox was Alan Jackson

youtube.com/watch?v=RMDq-MnpbTo

My last contribution
youtu.be/CwQ5FKX02kg

Country Music in 2013
youtube.com/watch?v=WySgNm8qH-I
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Although I've heard people complain about nearly every era of country music not being as "country" as the last. I've heard that Garth Brooks and Alabama killed country. I can't defend the current crop though.

It seems like it's a lot of work to actually find good music. I've gone down chains of recommended videos on youtube and liked stuff I found and then forgot about it a week later. I was on a little bit of a bluegrass kick a while back but I don't remember any of the actual artists or songs.

Him along with Alan Jackson

Look up Ameripolitan genre, good stuff.

> you married into money girl
>Aint it a cruel and funny world?
>He took your dreams and tore them apart.
>He never comes home
>And youre always alone
>And your kids hear you cryin down the hall
>Alarm clock starts ringin
>Who could that be singin
>Its me baby, with your wake up call

Savage. btfo that roastie from high school, based, I wonder what she felt hearing this blasting over the radio every day, it was his biggest hit and he made it just to tell her to fuck herself.

youtu.be/-Fulz4ytZ54

Perfect 2 am, bar is closing, snatch up some snatch song.

Thanks, will do.

It's my favourite song of his too. He does that thing where the background sounds like na-na-nya

Am I the only one who gets weirdly upset or depressed when hearing 90% of country songs?

this song actually got made into a movie i really should get around to watching it.

youtube.com/watch?v=o1JOFhfoAD4

Depending on the era, no. Early country is definitely depressing. Modern country can be depressing in the reverse - it's all about having fun and being out with friends and women so if you don't have that, it just rubs it in. Then there's sort of late 90's country which was a bit of a mix, but I think there was a lot more married/family like songs. Which again, if you're lonely it's going to rub it in.

That looks absolutely terrible.

Old country, sure. New, pop country makes me want to murder myself.

And since we're onto old depressing country
youtube.com/watch?v=4WXYjm74WFI

>implying I want to watch it because I think it looks good

ABIWENE

>he makes fun of Al Gore and mexicans in one line

Truly /ourguy/

youtube.com/watch?v=zNDcAWNscg8&list=RDruNrdmjcNTc&index=11

youtu.be/3q7lDCvcSMg
youtu.be/Bg1di8sGxWc

I love me some Hank also

Make way for the king
youtu.be/wtVeDaZxAXo

>Obama getting crowdsurfed by bankers
>Donald Trump appears
>Shows a muslim trying to bomb a plane

lmao has someone told Sup Forums yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=NVq27glkY_A

Who /merle/ here

I always thought it was odd that country music seemed to treat women so much better than pop did. Reba, Loretta Lynn, and Dolly Parton are so much better than any three women I'd pull out of non-country music, but I don't know if I'd say the same for guys. I guess their voices are just well built for it.

I unironically really like Miley Cyrus's Jolene
youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw

I got rare Statler kino right here

youtube.com/watch?v=A5iZrqVC4TI

And the superior amarillo song for you, big guy

youtube.com/watch?v=j5-8ET32u1A

And I can't find the song I want for you, but once some disney pop idol covered my bucket has a hole in it by hank williams, and it was the weirdest thing because they made it sexual and also it was a shitty song that they shouldn't have been covering at all.

youtu.be/ioPa1URjZ_Y
So fucking relevant to today
youtu.be/3VLhH2wCtAQ
Reba is shit. Do not put her in the same name as betters.
Also wtf, why no Tammy Wynette in your list?
youtu.be/DwBirf4BWew

>he's not a fancy guy

Not that much into country, but this is a good song
youtu.be/LZuF_ei8nsM

youtube.com/watch?v=KvX8MijgeW8
western swing kino

Me
youtube.com/watch?v=TSSReSlTl2c

For all you euros watching this thread and laughing here's a story about when I was in school

>Be in 4th grade
>Say the pledge every morning
>9/11 happens
>The school decides we need to be more patriotic
>Now along with the pledge we listen to the national anthem, this youtube.com/watch?v=oB2_j7c0d70 , AND THIS youtube.com/watch?v=G60PfjeTh9Y all one after the other
>After TWO YEARS of this someone complained and "This land is your land" got replaced with this youtube.com/watch?v=4rLlWfDS0h0
>This continued until I left the school 5 years later

youtube.com/watch?v=YVRsJzKwFVA

Reba used to be good. Now she's in her 60's trying to act like she's still in her 30's.

Proud to be an American always crushes me. I remember watching 9/11 in 5th grade in English class. It was one of the main motivators for having signed up and gone to Iraq.

Fuck whoever complained, should have deported them.

youtu.be/O-L38FogWF0

Does anyone like Hank3 here?

youtu.be/vPerAuoc0Qk

SWING BATTER BATTER SWING

>I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man
>I watch CNN but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran

Truest lyrics right there

I don't know if it was necessarily "we need to be more patriotic." I think there was some sense of "we need to keep our chins up." I know that there were some who felt we needed to be more patriotic, but I think that might have been a secondary thing.

Wasn't Columbine just a couple years prior? As cliche as it is to point out, it really was like the optimism from the early 90's was in a tailspin.

I complained about the song. I hated it musically and I hated the same songs being played over and over again for a year.

Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck. You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon? Ah, yeah, 10-4, Pig Pen, fer shure, fer shure. By golly, it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon. Yeah, that's a big 10-4 there, Pig Pen, yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy. Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy

trucker kino, along with smokey and the bandit.

I understand why it happened but after I realized the pledge is sort of creepy and America is the only one who does it, adding those songs in there too just takes it to another level of propaganda.

Like if I had just heard about it and not experienced it I'd think someone was memeing, but no, we actually did have a mandatory 5 minutes a day of listening to Toby Keith and watching a montage of an eagle flying over the flag while F16s did barrel rolls over mountains in the background

The rare sequel to the devil went down to georgia.

youtube.com/watch?v=L0XUTD7QYcs

the devil went down to reddit more likes

America is not the only one who does it, by far. A lot of countries do, there's nothing wrong with showing nationalistic pride, unless you're American apparently.

I can appreciate a good fiddle, but what the hell was that crap?

In other news: I always hated Johnny Cash

Who else does it? Honestly asking, from what I've heard from my euro friends it's weird and they'd never heard of it. They're french, german and british

In Canada we had to sing the national anthem every Friday.
Dunno if they still do that, some chink/indian might've pitched a fit to the school board about it.

>I always hated Johnny Cash

youtu.be/Om-GU8w7Nn0
youtu.be/42io9NK0xq8

No videos but I know of Brazil, Thailand, China, Taiwan, India

Mexico
The country’s Law of the Coat of Arms, Flag, and National Anthem mandates all schools and universities to honour the flag on Monday mornings, at the beginning and end of school terms which involves a pledge and the National Anthem. Further, many schools in the country also expect children to wear a different uniform on Monday, generally all white, out of respect for the flag and anthem. Teachers walk around to check whether the children are actually singing.

Pretty sure a bunch of former USSR countries too. Can't find info on those as I don't care much about this topic.

What's that country song where the guy is singing about how he doesn't fit in with the high class girl's lifestyle what with his jeans and rough and tumble attitude but nevertheless she is drawn to him?

He was overrated. Get over it.

youtu.be/-993tLyeVqw

I listen to way too much country...

>He was overrated. Get over it.

A real country singer with a real country song

youtu.be/VExw77xJsBQ

What the appeal

no that's not it. In the music video the girl was dressed like one of those horse riders.

youtube.com/watch?v=IfB6C8a8ttg