Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UuQAEVLljF4
imdb.com/title/tt0582553/quotes?item=qt0528249
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who gives a fuck about two shitty musicians dying lmao

>But why
really tosses my salad

>stanley

They were high-society. Martin was too old to care about grunge. Ross was too old as well. The only person on the show who might care is Fredrick. But we never see him often enough.

I think they mention grunge once or twice but it was in passing. Besides Frazier had no connection to that world

why in gods name do you think that frasier would give a shit about grunge music

>>be on during the rise and fall of grunge rock music

ehhh, it was on after grunge had already peaked.

>stanley

>jar of flies and unplugged
>shit

It lasted from 93' all the way til 2004

youtube.com/watch?v=UuQAEVLljF4

Really scrambles my eggs

this. It's a show about two snobby high society upper class Seattle brothers (one of whom only just moved there after living in Boston for years) who take care of their elderly father.

What makes you think that any of them cared about grunge at all? The brothers seem to only listen to jazz and classical and probably have very limited pop culture knowledge beyond the 1970s or early 80s. Marty is more down to earth and seems to be a classic rock kind of guy, but again probably not extending much past the 1970s or early 80s.

Roz is just a casual from Manchester so she was probably into just Top 40 and maybe some Smiths and New Order or like Oasis songs too.

Also Layne Staley was literally died in 2002 which was long after grunge and Alice in Chains had completely lost all relevancy.

You seem to be under the impression that grunge was a much bigger deal than it actually was. I get the feeling you weren't alive or at least not sentient when grunge was big and Kurt died or when Layne died.

Nigga what

Lilith actually called in on Frasier's radio show once and requested Pearl Jam

Wasn't there an episode where a musician lived above Frasier ? Wasn't he a grunge musician ?

Freddy Chainsaw, but he was hard rock/metal

Freddy Chainsaw I think was his name(which I'm assuming was a made up name, I don't know). He definitely was not playing grunge music though.

He was more just straight up hard rock, not grunge.

This. There was a brief mention of them. Makes sense though, since Pearl Jam were always a bit more general "alt rock" leaning then other grunge bands.

Hell my mom loves them and she can't stand Nirvana and co.

sauce: imdb.com/title/tt0582553/quotes?item=qt0528249

OP BTFO

The show is very disconnected from the city they don't mention anything special about Seattle or have any plot lines or outdoor shots. Aside from sometimes going to a coffeeshop there is nothing Seattle-like about that show.

>but i don't know what to do with those dark shadows and hidden ledge
>i'm falling again

What about the Frasier Crane Day episode? Most of that is outside.

there are a couple of Sonics-related episodes

Same reason it took Letterman twenty years to care about that unaired Bill Hicks routine enough to air it. Valuations change.

I thought the Seahawks were referenced more. Martin wasn't really a basketball fan.

>mentioning some no-names and flash in the pan trends when you're aiming for syndication kino

He seemed to have liked baseball the most

Yeah, but to be fair, what local Seattle stuff could they throw in? Pikes Place? Space Needle?

Most stuff is too touristy and not the kind of place the Cranes would go anyway.

It's a lot easier with Seinfeld and NYC to do that kind of thing

That's the joke, the Cranes wouldn't have anything to do with grunge.

Not really a joke, it's just a fact.

THEY'RE CALLIN AGAIN

Reminder Niles was the true hero

Frasier is comfy kino and clever as fuck.

Chainsaw? Of the Newport Chainsaws?

there was no rock scene in NY

Roz was Frasier's producer. Daphne was from Manchester. Did you even watch the show?

>Implying grunge could have mattered to a sophisticated Dr., a bloodthirsty english succubus, a grimy retired cop, or a juicy titty audio engineer

>who take care of their elderly father.

How old was Martin meant to be? IRL he was only 53

Grunge is just a poor mans post-punk anyway.

Because who gives a shit?
Why would Frasier talk about some pop fad that lasted 2.5 years?

Like most fads, grunge was actually dead years before it mainstreamed.

more like kurt coreddit

because of his hip injury from a few years before when he got shot while on the force (he was on the verge of retiring)

in the show he was supposed to be in his early 60s iirc

Seriously. Green River pioneered the grunge sound back in '85.

>he thinks anyone gives a shit about his musical history elitist tidbits

i bet youve been waiting to drop that fucking anecdote for months hey seymor

I lost there. Good thread OP

> even watching le comfy drama of classic gentlemen

k

KEK
E
K