What went wrong?

What went wrong?

seems the first words on the poster are a strong suggestion

it was just an action movie with lame obvious needle drop music cues

snyder has the artistic sensibilities of a child

shit source material

They glorified the violence when the original tried to show the horror of it.

Definitely part of it. The Watchmen presents things in a blunt and sterile fashion that is immediately corny when a soundtrack of any kind is playing.

And of course the "George Bush did 9/11" brainlet meme ending.

Honestly, for all the shit Snyder (rightfully) gets these days, I give him some credit for getting a 3 hour long R-rated comic book movie made. I think Watchmen is a B+ for effort and I do think it's a good movie. People bitch about the changes but I liked them and think they were more logical than the stupid shit at the end of Moore's book!!!FACT!!!

kek

the world was not ready for such kino

fuck off

not much

Nothing

Fuck off retard.

Nothing really, it's the best capeshit of the decade so far

too much slow-mo

How did they nail the Rorschach, Manhattan, and Comedian castings so perfectly yet butcher the Spectre and ESPECIALLY Ozymandias castings so badly?

>What went wrong?
Marvel casn't top it so shills get triggered

The sex scene was odd and unnecessary, but I really really enjoyed seeing her tits. No other "flaws" really come to mind.
I can't understand how the steaming piles that are the Nolan Batman movies get so much praise, but Watchmen does not.

>a film by zack snyder
gee, I wonder....

Why do people dislike Goode as Ozy? I liked him.

YOU KNOW, I THINK I WILL FUCK OFF RIGHT INTO YOUR MOTHERS STINKING ASSHOLE WITH MY THROBBING FUCK MUSCLE OF LOVE THAT I'LL USE TO PUMP CUM INTO BEFORE FORCING HER TO SUCK HER OWN SHIT OFF OF IT, FAGGOT!!!FACT!!!

>The sex scene was odd and unnecessary
welcome to hollywood

The first Iron Man is a legitimately better film / adaptation.

Hack Snyder was handed a flawless storyboard and every single deviation was for the worse.

No, doubt. I have the same issue with all sex scenes. They're unimportant; as long as it is conveyed two characters have sex, we don't need the details even if I pop 20 boners.

COME GATHER 'ROUND PEOPLE

Too long too much slow mo

Morgan and whomever plays Rorsach did great though always liked Owl too

>no room for improvement since the source material is already perfect
>excessive slow-mo in over the top action scenes
>Malin Akerman miscast
>Ozymandias horribly miscast

That's about it, I could probably list more if I had recently watched it. It's a 7/10 movie because Snyder erased a lot of subtlety.

>missing the point

how did you not understand that these scenes are purposfully whacky and comic booky. I got that the first time i watched it

ultimate edition is the only way to watch it correctly btw

Ozy was muscular and tall with a wide jaw.

Goode looked nothing like him apart from being blond.
He wasn't bad but I do wish they picked someone closer aesthetically.

this is a retarded post

like all violence in comic books is like the adam west Batman but with varying degrees of gore

snyder had only one good movie in him. soulless with a terrible soundtrack

typical Snyder slo-mo fare and thinking only inside the box (comic panel)

Some people want to push these two memes, both BTFO by Watchmen:
1) GotG invented capeshit with pop music
2) Fox invented R-rated capeshit and took big risks with it
Since Snyder did both first, they go out of their way to find retarded shit to complain about

true, Watchmen had pop music, but it the choices were so hackneyed and obvious they completely ruined the movie.

> Zack. We need a song here for the opening montage. Something that conveys the passage of time
> What about "Times They are A Changin'"?
> BRILLIANT
> If we can't get the rights I'd also accept "Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes."

are you implying that either of those things automatically makes a movie good?

>Fox invented R-rated capeshit and took big risks with it

Blade came out in 1999

Case in point

fpbp

>People bitch about the changes but I liked them and think they were more logical than the stupid shit at the end of Moore's book
how to spot a pleb