Why is Yamcha so relatively weak?

Why is Yamcha so relatively weak?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=byoMptBw0xE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All humans were once DBZ hit. Toriyama just made shit up as he went along. Forgetting about DB characters and giving no fucks.

Yamcha is only of the strongest humans on the planet though, along with Krillen.

>krillen
>human

Whats next, the three eyed freak is a human aswell

Krillen is a human though. So is Tien, kinda.

Dinosaurs and monsters that can speaka re living on Earth and your concern is that a dude with three eyes is human?

So all of them could defeat Mr. Satan correct? Could any non-roshi non-z fighters affiliated human defeat him?

Because Yamcha had no ass-blistering training like Krillin and Tien

This is possibly the reason why Vegeta has always trailed behind Goku, he went without training, apparently until he encountered Whis

The dude achieved both super saiyan and SSG without any narrative catalyst or outside help, give credit to him for that much, jobber or not

Well yeah technically, if they train long enough

Oolong could beat Hercule.

Satan really is monstrously strong by human standards, but all the main characters, even the obsolete humans, are so far beyond him that it makes him a joke in context

Please prove it

The Dino people and monsters disappeared in dbz for some strange reason, when someone flies the normal humans get freaked out.
What happened?

Remind his rival Vegeta creampied Yamchas waifu Bulma then he had to babysit their kid all the time after. JUST

Puer could beat Hercule.

Was Yamcha ever a 100% dedicated martial artist?

>tien shinhan
>human

that motherfucker can split hisself into 4 motherfuckers. dat shit ain't normal

Humans can't fly by nature, they must control their Ki and thus get airborn. Gohan teaches Videl this and says that everyone can but needs training.

The monsters and dinosaurs live in the woods and not in the cities and since Goku and company eat every fucking dino they kill and they always fight in these areas, id say the fuckers went endagered or extinct.

My dad works at Toei

For like one tournament

>watching db
>yamcha does soki-dan for the first time against tien
>it doesn't hurt him and yamcha still loses
>everybody in the sidelines comments for five minutes how amazing yamchas technique was as how it was okay he lost

why are the db crew so supportive to each other bros?

I always wonder whether the tougher guys in the DB tournaments, like Nam, would beat him. They state that the tournament is pretty shit tier between DB and DBZ but Hercule winning it is still a big deal.

Yamcha was not a successful character

he was meant to be one of the main heroes but it never really worked out

his place was taken by Vegeta, a character that succeeded beyond all expectations.

things are weird like that

because they're /fit/.

Go to a gym
Establish friendships with bros
Bask in their support, which surpasses any petty neet-like jealous behavior.

they don't hold another tourney until after cell revives it. piccolo blew up the grounds and they decided it was too dangerous to hold anymore

Everyone in DBZ is practically a God of combat to the point where no human could even come close.

Yamcha, Krillin and the other humans were essentially just meatshields who, if nothing else, were really good at drawing out the episodes.

I'd argue the second Raditz arrived they were hopelessly outmatched and never managed to catch back up again. They could have been written out right there and it wouldn't have mattered.

Powercreep is a bitch.

you're fucking retarded if you think for a second that Toriyama cared about fucking market research- let alone "successful characters".

He made shit up as he went along, like a 10 year old...

why do you think we ended up with things like Broly and "Super Saiyan God"?

>Broly
>Toriyama

It has to do with the anthromorphism of earlier DB.

Hercule is a satirization of Hulk Hogan. In the 80s he wrestled in Japan for a number of years gained a lot attention. Despite the handlebar mustaches, they're similar in the fact that they're big, strong "professional ring fighters" while spending most of their time on showmanship.

Yamcha would destroy Hercule

Geee thanks Piccolo.

watch the new db super episodes. everyone just got a huge power bump and can 1/1 goku. even roshi

Didn't see the part about Z Fighters.
Does Uub count?

>Toriyama in charge of consistency

I always thought it was funny that Krillin was relatively weak but that destructo disc attack of his was always dangerous.

well considering the next time they hold it, vegeta kills 300-500 people, seems like they were right

Aliens should be banned from tournaments.

I like how they answer the fans

>Vegeta and goku achieve Super Saiyan God, literally almost God status power.
>everyone is useless now besides those 2!

>need new Warriors to participate in the event
>everyone hasn't fought in a while but still manages to keep up with SSJ God

I love it.

But isn't Super suppose to happen somewhere between Cell and Buu? Or was it Buu and GT? I don't recall if that's the exact spot but I do recall it being placed in such a fashion that it kinda' cancels out any really interesting shit happening.

Also is GT still canon? I am kinda' hoping they'd withdrawn that crap.

>isn't Super suppose to happen somewhere between Cell and Buu?
Buu is in the show you dumb fuck

he's a good support fighter. not over confident and has good survival instincts. i dare say he might even be the most well written and human of all the characters

It is the "real" arc after the Buu Saga.

GT was confirmed to be an alternate universe, whereas Super is the official continuity since it was directly written and supervised by Toriyama himself.

Hairlet

He's the ultimate best friend.

is gt cannon? i dunno, but it seems like pan really wants to go to space, and goku promises to take her someday. if vegeta cuts his hair and grows a stache i'm out tho

also it takes place after the buu, but before end of z. gohan and videl got busy quick. that also means we know universe 7 doesnt get destroyed because obviously it's still there

yeah it was at least two powerlevels above him

I guess I need to continue watching dbs

Oh that's neat. Sorry about me being misinformed. I haven't partaken in anything Dragon Ball for a very for long time.

Is the show any good?

I didn't mind Krillin being able to hold his own by outsmarting Gohan, but when C17 has equal power to SSB Goku, it's just flat out retarded. Also, did Goku already recruit Roshi? I skipped the last episode because it looked like another boring filler.

it's more of a slice of life comedy with superheroes now and shit still takes forever to happen

youtube.com/watch?v=byoMptBw0xE
BROLYFAGS BTFO

it was boring filler but goku took 17 to king kai's planet which was kind of funny

>shit takes forever to happen

So no change there at least.

That being said the slice-of-life shit kinda' worries me. Isn't this show about beating up stupidly powerful humanoid creatures of exceeding power levels? Like, isn't that what DBZ used to be known for?

Sure it takes 20 episodes before alien-god-creature-of-choice actually shows up but when they finally do, it's top-hype, right?

Or is Dragon Ball not as I remember it?

>immortals videos have been deleted
I always prefer sub over dub

Yamcha did not train with a fucking Saiyan under the masterful tutelage of the turtle hermit since childhood. Are you kidding? No human on Earth ever went through that.

In that sense it's following the old DBZ formula to a t. It's just become so over the top that it's not really interesting anymore.