kissasian.com/Drama/Gamera-3-Revenge-of-Iris/Movie?id=14490
youtube.com/watch?v=SablNkX4zK8
kissasian.com/Drama/Gamera-vs-Barugon/Movie?id=15005
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGZoP48DfQA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah, mostly

pretty much

What is his endgame?

Only the very first one. All of the other ones are filled with boring crap that have nothing to do with godzilla. For example the latest japanese godzilla was about how the inefficient and indecisive the japanese government is when dealing with crisis (fukushima)

Yeah fuck Shin Godzilla, a movie about how to deal with Godzilla was nothing like the original film.

How to deal with godzilla: go to a room, walk down a hallway to another room, exchange glances for 30 minutes, laugh at the guy who says it's a big monster, walk down another hallway, watch a television of footage of the monster
filler: the movie. Godzilla had what like 5 minutes of screen time

>1954: how to deal with godzilla
>go to an island, talk with a native, sit through kabooki, here people talk about godzilla

yeah you can do that dumb shit with anything

I don't care what anyone says, Final Wars was kino.

There's fucking 30 of them you retard

I don't know what else I can say to show you're wrong. Your post does that well enough.

Your point being?

weebs are such faggots with shit taste

the soundtracks are always kino

youtube.com/watch?v=zNdAVfaBKig

youtube.com/watch?v=mlyVD6YnQ-I

youtube.com/watch?v=o5cnYJE2iCo

Like half of them. All the ones directed by Ishiro Honda are incredible because he was a great director, after that it's hit or miss but it's pretty great when it hits.

most of them are this. you have to spend time with the most inane boring characters repeating the plot to eachother while you wait for some kaiju action.

my favorite is when some old scientist guy will inevitably say something about them trying to get godzilla to fight the monster they're losing against.

like it hasnt happened 22 times already

>All the ones directed by Ishiro Honda are incredible
eh, hes had some misses, ones like mothra vs godzilla and terrorare great, but he also handled King kong vs godzilla

still more consistent than someone like kazuki omori though

>my favorite is when some old scientist guy will inevitably say something about them trying to get godzilla to fight the monster they're losing against.
>like it hasnt happened 22 times already
this actually doesnt happen often

He looks cute.

I kind of dug Godzilla vs. Kong, though it's definitely not one of his best. The only Honda I didn't really like was All Monsters Attack.

desu, all monsters attack makes a very good tale about a childs perspective of living a life of a latchkey who only has himself to turn to, in my view at least

granted the music may be a bit too kiddy and the dub pretty much makes all of that moot if you watch that version

>yammer yammer yammer

Cancer (You)

>has actual point
(me)

Delusional Liar (You)

>82105969
refute it and i may give you a you

I think he's a better director than an actor, honestly.

you already did, imbecile

Kaiju seems to either be something you're into or you're not 2bh
I thought every Godzilla movie I've seen sucked ass personally

>82106093
youve done absolutely nothing

compared to king kong vs godzilla, at least revenge tries to have some kind of message to it that works for it, the former tries to have some satire thing to it but its executed rather poorly

@82106124

fuck off moron

I'm kind of getting that feeling too
I've only seen the first one, but I wasn't too impressed

bump.

Do these movies have a continuing story or not?

>FW Godzilla just looks like he hates everything except his son

Movies through 1954 to 1975 do, then they reboot it in 1984 only referencing the first films nd ignoring all in between

Then 1999(Godzilla 2000) to pretty much now it's all stand alone tales, until they decide if shin gets a sequel

GMK is the best.

>be indestructible 100 meter monster
>humans always starting shit
>one day in arctic and some drill ship starts shooting at me
>get buried for the next 10 years
>one day some big explosion happens
>I'm free
>first living thing I see shoots me with a laser and tries to kill me
>the second thing is that same drill ship with the same guy who buried me
>every thing on earth wants to kill me
>even my 3 best friends
>I have a fucking son?
>he won't even let me kill the dude who locked me up

He had a hard life

Is the 2016 movie shit?

No, no it is not

His acting is mediocre at best, he plays the same character in all of his movies

That's typical of most big stars though

>Big

WATCH IT MOTHRA

You missed this masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=zQ-oMMJ0IHA

>the latest japanese godzilla was about how the inefficient and indecisive the japanese government is when dealing with crisis (fukushima)
The original Gojira dealt heavily with those themes as well. Remember the multiple scenes of government officials arguing back & forth with one another about should they tell the population, should they cover it up, should they study Godzilla or just eradicate it etc? It was a criticism on the Government's ineffectual nature against the growing threat of Nuclear war between America and its enemies in Korea & increasingly in Vietnam with Japan stuck in the middle of the conflicts, the accidental bombing of the Japanese Fishing Boat Dragon No 5 off Bikini Atoll and so forth.

Did Shin make good money at the box office ? Would love to see a sequel.

>kabooki
It's Noh, you philistine

From what I understand they are already doing a sequel as not only did it make good money but it also did well critically there as well and got some nominations in their version of the academy awards

The Cookie Monster, you can watch him on HBO.

I love these movies. Really only the first one is amazing but the others are fun to watch in their own right. Some are downright stupid, some are just over the top, but they are good for background viewing because the fights are silly fun.

I really liked Shin Godzilla as well. Not perfect but it's the closest to the original Godzilla.

Super excited to see what Legendary is going to do with Millie Bobby Brown in the new one!

Bobby Brown?!
youtube.com/watch?v=DaIZvCDWAcQ

>Only the very first one
>Really only the first one is amazing
No, Vs Biollante & GMK are every bit as good & competently made as the original.

Always felt the 1984 film's score was underrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=n5sVbbG8bMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5kpBrs5IXYI
youtube.com/watch?v=0WFiGWzlRe0

Plus the themes the American version had added in from DefCon were great & fit the film really well also.
youtube.com/watch?v=ktqJyzPYCq0
youtube.com/watch?v=y9l-yuiMb10
youtube.com/watch?v=5zTkc4fR-04

What's your opinion on the Biolante soundtrack? There seems to be a bit of debate as to it's being so different than other Godzilla films.

Most of them are alright if you consider Godzilla to be a cherry on top of a movie about fisheries or advertising companies or whatever. He's only in his own films for like 8 mins on average. The special effects are absolute kino though, even the first movie is extremely impressive.

Fuck yeah. Been a Godzilla fan my whole life.

Also Gamera's Showa movies are maximum comfy (except Super Monster), fuck everyone.

Is he still "a friend to children" in the Showa movies?

Thought it was great, I know some people compare the SuperX2 theme to Star Wars and I just don't see it.
Seems plenty similar to the military marches in like Monster Zero.
The more stylized metalish themes like Bio Wars fit the modern 80s aesthetic it & 84 had without beating you over the head with it.
Love both of the 80s films strongly.

Showa are the original movies where it was established. Even in "The Invincible" he saves a kid, despite burning down a whole city.

Yes, watch the 90s films if you want to see Gamera in a serious manner.
Absolutely superb.
kissasian.com/Drama/Gamera-Guardian-of-the-Universe/Movie?id=14519
kissasian.com/Drama/Gamera-2-Advent-of-Legion/Movie?id=14517
kissasian.com/Drama/Gamera-3-Revenge-of-Iris/Movie?id=14490

Oh okay, I always get it confused which era is when. I heard the Hesei ones (the ones from the 90s right) are unironically pretty good. Is that also true?

Of the Showa films, the 2nd vs Baragon was the least kid friendly and also happens to be the best of the showa films.

>Thought it was great, I know some people compare the SuperX2 theme to Star Wars and I just don't see it.

I guess it has a john williams feel to it, very grand and sweeping

youtube.com/watch?v=SablNkX4zK8

>are unironically pretty good. Is that also true?
1 is great, 2 & 3 are among the absolute greatest Kajiu films ever made.

Unfortunately though Anno doesn't ever want to work with Toei again.

damn my mom gave me those Gamera movies on bluray for xmas a couple years back and I didn't even watch them before trading it in to complete some other part of my film collection because I figured there wasn't room to start collecting Gamera films too.

>Unfortunately though Anno doesn't ever want to work with Toei again.

HAHA

TIME FOR ULTRAMAN

See here the full films subbed - Watch vs Baragon 1st to get a feel for the original series before jumping to the glory of the new ones.
kissasian.com/Drama/Gamera-vs-Barugon/Movie?id=15005

Be sure to watch the 90s ones in order because they are a actual flowing trilogy.

whoa whoa whoa there, Godzilla vs Gigan is no more silly than Invasion of the Astro Monster which is one my personal favourite entries.

GOTU is my personal favorite, and one of the best monster movies ever made.

Legion is ok, the weakest of the trilogy but still a solid movie.

Iris is, like the first one, one of the best monster movies ever. It's a very dark conclusion to the trilogy, but is a natural progression of it. It establishes Gamera more as a chaotic force that's mission is simply a good cause as opposed to heroic. It's very good.

>Godzilla vs Megalon
>goofier
Don't you shit on my Jet Jaguar. That Movie has the greatest Tag Team fight in all of the kaiju movies

Son of Godzilla is the greatest film ever made. It taught me about dealing with my problems and becoming a man.

and how to blow smoke rings?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGZoP48DfQA

Best Godzilla directors are Ishiro Honda, Hideaki Anno, and Shusuke Kaneko. Jun Fukuda could deliver when he had the budget to work with.

About ten of them.

> Gojira
great
> KOTM
good
> Raids again
good
> Vs Kong
Bad (worst in franchise after Revenge)
> Vs Mothra
great
> GTTHM
good-ish
> Monster Zero
good
> Vs Sea Monster
really good
> Son of
good
> DAM
really good
> Revenge
really bad
> Smog Monster
really good
> Gigan
good
> Megalon
ok
> mecha g
good
> Terror of
great
> 1985
great
> vs Biollante
best of franchise
> vs KG
Great
> Mothra battle for earth
good-ish
> vs MG
great
> vs Space G
ok
> vs Destroyah
great
> 1998
Poor Godzilla film, really good monster movie on it's own.
> G 2000 (jap cut)
ok to good-ish
> G 2000 (american cut)
great (it's universally agreed to be better then the jap cut)
> GXM
good
> GMK
2nd best of franchise
> GxMG
good
> Tokyo SOS
good
> Final Wars
good
> 2014
really good
> Shin
really good

going by a rating scale of...
> best in franchise
> great
> really good
> good
> good-ish
> ok
> poor
> bad
> horrible

Masterpieces are:

Gojira
Shin Godzilla

Good movies are:

Honda trilogy (not including King Kong)
vs Biollante
vs Destroyah
GMK
Kiryu Duology

The rest range between decent and trash

you can't get into this genre unless you "grew" with it because it so fucking stupid
just watch the 1954 original, shin godzilla if you can stand it, godzilla vs king kong and destroy al monsters
2000 is a bonus

But who hasn't "grown" with Godzilla? Even if one has never seen any of the films before Godzilla and the things its subsequently influenced have been part of our shared cultural zeitgeist for over 60 years. And they're just fun in many ways aside from nostalgia. I think an adult who's seeing them for the first tie can still derive a lot of enjoyment out of them.

What's his name again?

>you can't get into this genre unless you "grew" with it
Wrong, I managed to get several people into this by giving them the best of the best and gamera trilogy up front

That's an undisputed fact.

>his

>KING of the monsters

*blocks your path*

4u

females can be kings too shitlord

it actually won best picture

Only the 1998 Godzilla is female because it laid eggs, original Godzilla ..well we don't know where his son came from.

Reminder that an animator sent this to his friend who then leaked it

Don't know man. On one hand I never saw any of these films growing up, cause from what have I gathered they were pretty unknown here in Europe. But I still got into them in my late teens.

On the other hand I was always interested in the concept of giant monsters and old special effects films, and I was sort of familiar with the broad strokes idea of Godzilla through the first American movie. So in that sense yeah, although I don't have any nostalgia for them, I guess my childhood interests did factor in.

become the king of squat lifting

> G 2000 (american cut)
>great (it's universally agreed to be better then the jap cut)

What makes it better? I thought it was just a simple dub.

Why did Toei do to make Anno butthurt?

fake news

Those things are horrifying.