Why even include this scene in the first place?

Why even include this scene in the first place?

Respect

They didn't plan to kill her off. The actress died in real life.

No shit. So why film that whole awkward, out of place scene with garbage gci for some minor exposition that doesn't really affect the rest of the plot?

They didn't have to do this scene, Tony could've just heard that she passed away suddenly and that was it.

i didt notice it was cgi until i read it on Sup Forums

why not include it?

The scene had one last "Livia Moment" with him discovering she never filled out the baby books.

You must need glasses or something because that scene stuck out like a sore thumb

They spent 250k to make that effect

nigga even i noticed something was off with that scene and i'm retarded

God Bless, I would drop the show if she stuck out for 6 seasons

>They spent 250k to make that effect

bullshit, it was probably like 40 seconds on photoshop

I cringed so hard when halfway trough their conversation, you realized she was spouting lines cut together from the previous seasons.

not in 2001

because they felt it would've been cheap and unconvincing for her to literally never be on screen that season before they killed her off, I guess.

Still one of the best episodes.

kill yourself reddit

>i didt notice it was cgi until i read it on Sup Forums
It's weird, I didn't notice the first time I watched it either. But after I found out and watched it again, it looked super obvious and phony, and I can't really figure out how I didn't notice before.

i didn't notice it until it was pointed out, too

Christopher's stoned as fuck monologue at Livia's wake is hands down the funniest scene in the series

>Tony crying at the final scene of Public Enemy over seeing the love of a mother he never got
those little private moments he has are really something

photoshop was out in 2001

the only reddit here is you, believing everything you read online like a mong

so? photoshop for your own gay little amateur projects and photoshop for a prestige TV drama are not the same thing. obviously.

90's born queer kill yourself

What if she had lived? Where would the story go? Would Tony kill her for eventually flipping.

They were wrong. Should have just killed her off of screen and had an episode where Tony laments not being able to speak with her one last time.

no one cares what you think faggot

you're right this kills the entire show

Tony would've had to have got on her good side to convince her not to testify, if push came to shove I think Tony Soprano would do just about anything to save his own ass - but as far as the show goes I'm not sure they would've pulled the trigger on him killing her. Would have been just a bit too absurd, I think.

if would have had sex with her at the end of season 3

You're right. No one noticed the CGI and this isn't being discussed as a negative 16 years later.
They clearly should do shit like this more often.

you mean television cgi from almost 20 years ago doesn't look as good today? do you have any more interesting insights user?

Yeah, that it didn't look good or even sound good back then either, but all the power to you for having been fooled by it.

you have to be a special kind of autismo to be overly hung up about this

>Yeah, that it didn't look good or even sound good back then
you weren't even there fag

As an italian american she is the archytipical italian mother in law

10/10 character

stop saying this

stop being a 90's born queer

I always thing about what the series would have been like if this actress didn't die. I would argue that it would be very different.

i'm glad you're here to tell us these things user

Most people did not have hd tvs back then so it was harder to notice.

WATCH IT QUEAHS