Which is worse; an innocent punished or a criminal unpunished?

Which is worse; an innocent punished or a criminal unpunished?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10803501
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

strawpoll.me/10803501

Gotta strawpoll that shit up bro

Better to let ten guilty men walk free than one innocent man be wrongly convicted.

yep

>a fucking leaf

Leaf is kinda right on this one. It's the reason why we have a presumption of innocence.

This. Imagine not commiting a crime and then getting sent to jail or god forbid prison.

innocent punished.
that is how our law system works in the west.

human rights cuck detected
a serial killer and an innocent man in jail is better than the serial killer on the loose

This

voted criminal unpunished and here is why:
Using modern examples such as migrants and BLM, you can see why this trend of allowing or even encouraging bad behavior and refusing to punish/giving soft punishments to criminals only spirals your society into chaos. It has an overall negative effect on society and puts more people at danger each and every day.

Now yes, my heart sympathizes with any wrongly accused person out there, however one person being wrongly punished does not turn society on its head in the same way allowing criminals to flourish does.

Looking at the big picture you can only conclude criminals going unpunished is worse for society as a whole.

super easy to answer

" criminal unpunished " is the ONLY right answer

why?

this dirty njgger could do a lot more harm to innocents if still alive

This

Your usage of the semicolon.

The redmost of pills

Yeah, and then that justification is used to throw as many people in jail as possible, simply for being suspects, because "society is better off".

That means you get thrown in jail for posting the wrong opinions on Sup Forums.

You fucking retard.

What if that innocent man you?

>collectivists will say "criminals unpunished" because they care about society as a whole

>individualists will say innocents punished because they care about individuals and themselves

Criminal unpunished in low crime society, innocent punished in high crime societies/times.

Depends

This if I have to be honest.

the end result of collectivism is individualism

An innocent punished. More often than not, when you punish an innocent, you let a criminal go unpunished at the same time anyway.

Criminal unpunished, because the power of the state must be curtailed. You don't want the jews to have the power to imprison their opposition arbitrarily do you?

True.

As liberal as it sounds, I agree

That's because if you disagreed with it, you'd be agreeing with allowing authority to jail anyone they feel like.

The entire basis for the rule of law depends on the presumption of innocence, and by saying that it is better not to take a chance and throw innocent men in jail, you are undermining our fundamental rule of law.

Not really.

Social ostracism

/r9k/ go back to your containment board.