Was it kino?

was it kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2015/03/03/politics/justice-report-ferguson-discrimination/
cnn.com/2016/08/09/us/baltimore-justice-department-report/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>same director as that karl marx flick
dropped

Yes it was. Baldwin being a unique and somewhat controversial public figure who was articulate and a great debater with TONS of interviews and speeches and public appearances made him a perfect documentary subject. The documentarian knocked it out of the park.

Shame that Sup Forums is an unusable shit hole because a few years ago we could have had a real thread and an actual discussion about this.

Why do race relations keep clinging to the past instead of working towards the future in the United States?

Because they're not. This documentary was made became Baldwin's arguments are just as relevant if not more so today than they were in his time.

Maybe you should watch the doc that this thread is about

>i am not your negro
mah nigger

How do you work towards the future without addressing past mistakes?

You could always just try to agree on the idea that most people are equal, and the past should stay in the past, because bringing it up only stirs up more shit and anger, and causes more problems instead of fixing the current ones.

Honestly agree with this, maybe it helps that I'm not a Burger
Everytime it gets into "dangerously too self-congratulatory" territory, it shifts some other figure or topic to the point where you can really feel the fatigue of all the failed struggle, the endless animosity and the political homicides towards the ending
Great narration and great direction, whatever one may think of the subject

The documentary is about the civil rights movement and its respective leaders.

Are you implying the US hasn't addressed them?

>knee grow

The way to fix the current problems is to acknowledge the reality which is that everyone is not equal and then fix it.

You don't end racism in America by putting your fingers in your ears and saying it doesn't exist regardless of what the Department of Justice finds in nearly every police investigation they've carried out. You end racism in America by acknowledging that it does exist and using that as a starting point.

Knew grow status: uppity

>unironically watching a movie called im not your negro
yeah no sweetie if i want shitty racebaits i'd just go on Sup Forums

Yes it exist, its called affrimative action and is never mentioned in that film.

>still hasnt figured out this is a racebait thread that actually turned into a discussion

But saying that affirmative action is the only racism in America is complete nonsense. Look at the findings of the Department of Justice when investigating the Ferguson and Baltimore police departments, two cities that have been a hotbed of discussions of race in America in the last year:

cnn.com/2015/03/03/politics/justice-report-ferguson-discrimination/

cnn.com/2016/08/09/us/baltimore-justice-department-report/

Made in America winning best doc over this or 13th is a fucking joke. An 8 hour miniseries being in the same category as 90 minute features in any way is a fucking joke.

There's nothing wrong with reflecting on the past every once in awhile, but it's literally the only talking point liberals ever have. If you break your arm, you don't keep the cast on for the rest of your life.

You keep the cast on until the broken arm heels and it clearly still hasn't:

Is there a download out?

>CNN
You might as well site Buzzfeed my dude. Race relations are bad, but it's 90% the fault of liberals and blacks themselves. How are whites supposed to trust a race that robs, rapes, and murders at a rate eight times more than whites? And whenever someone tries to point out the flaws in the African American community, they're labeled a Nazi. But go ahead and keep acting like blacks don't know any better or only commit crimes because they're oppressed. Clearly that's working out great.

Because there is no future for race relations in America.

You need to get off the internet for a while.

So your counter to an evidence based argument is buzzwords and delusion?

Why doesn't this article point out that nearly 70% of ferguson's residents are black? This is a blatantly biased article

Seems like a pretty appropriate title for a film about the civil rights movement but I have no doubt most of Sup Forums will shit themselves over it anyway.

When did Sup Forums (and Sup Forums) go from being not politically correct to delusional to the extent of rejecting all forms of even the most objective reality that doesn't support their preconceived personal beliefs?