Imagine if in 2004 someone told you in 2018 Milan and Arsenal would be playing in Europa League and be almost...

Imagine if in 2004 someone told you in 2018 Milan and Arsenal would be playing in Europa League and be almost completely irrelevant in terms of top European clubs.

It was a different time

When did everything go so wrong?

aresenal were irrelevant even back in 2004

They won EPL with no losses in 2004.

>2030 is closer than 2004

>Milan
Berlusconi
Not slowly but surely having decent replacements lined up for Pirlo, Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Van Bommel, Seedorf, etc
Basically, every season after 2011-12 saw them get exposed.

>Arsenal
the board
relying on overhyped young players for too long
without Wenger, they'd be out of European competitions altogether

Real madrid had to wait 40 years for the 7th cl amd didnt pass ro16 for five straight years
Shit happens

Even when RM were shit in Europe they were still winning the league.

This
And in the first few years of this decade, River Plate was relegated for the first time in their history. Couple of years afterwards, they won the first division, the Copa Sudamericana and even the Copa Libertadores, along with many other super cups, to the point where Boca Juniors icon Riquelme said "they basically celebrate every sixth months." Time changes a lot of things.

Arsenal have never been a top European club. Even with their best team ever they only made 1 final and lost.

This
Falklands used to be British, it wasn't until 1982 that Argentina reclaimed its clay from the colonist bastards and cemented its place as a superpower

Imagine someone told you in 2004 that by 2018 you would be no job experience 27 kissless handholdess virgin neet with no degree and absolutely no will to get out from the bed

dumbshit leaf and his irrelevant shitpost baka

emirates move was about to make arsenal the biggest club in the world. no one could have guessed how far they would fall.

Delet this

Imagine if in 2004 someone told you in 2018 the jani would be working for free

pls be joking

get help, dude

and utterly sucked outside of EPL as throughout their whole history

I wish it was a joke but its real, Im already on medication though

>over a decade of committed, rock solid performance

Can't buy such things nowadays.

Arsenal went shit after they sold Frimpong, Djourou and brought Xhaka and Mustafi

I'd say what the fuck is Europa league?

just be urself :)

I wouldn't know what the hell was going on. I had no idea who those teams were before Sup Forums

Arsenal were never particularly rilevant outside of England even when they were good, they got in one final and that's it

me but in 6 years

I'm not a virgin, but when it comes to career-related things I haven't achieved anything yet either and I'm already 27, too

I'm still in uni lol (after having previously dropped out without graduating)

>tfw loser

I drop out twice
Sheeeeeit

>Imagine if in 2004 someone told you in 2018 Milan and Arsenal would be playing in Europa League
What's an Europa League?

I'm not a virgin, have a degree from a bretty gud uni and I'm financially independent. And still the only reason I haven't killed myself yet is because I don't want to inflict that kind of grief on my parents.

Life is a cruel, pointless joke no matter who you are.

>Life is a cruel, pointless joke no matter who you are.
this is not true, i'm ok

This. I had no idea about anything about soccer before spuh

Can't relate. You should move to Free Catalunya

Im already there

Arsenal have no noteable achievements in Europe and drew their way to an “unbeaten” season.

nobody in europa is touching atleti

2004 was the right year for Portoposting.

Football is dead

kek this

Me but in 5 years