How can someone so stupid think he's so smart?

How can someone so stupid think he's so smart?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zNAo6oGH0XY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2UCqL5qyo
youtu.be/pGl8I3l-5ac
youtu.be/aoLSgtC_y6w
youtu.be/gKvWWY03IAw
youtu.be/4J18e30zTyE
gizmodo.com.au/2017/03/the-men-who-believe-the-earth-is-flat/
youtu.be/iPaMGxFUqXo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are his arguments?

youtube.com/watch?v=zNAo6oGH0XY

At what time does he talk about flat earth?
I'm not watching the entire podcast.

>This post
>This irony

Where do you get your news bro? Gimme a name

Above you, friend.

BUZZ FUCKING ALDRIN BRO

It's over used as an explanatory tool, particularly by "internet atheists" but the Dunning-Kruger effect seems to fit fairly well in this case.

Look it up

Youtube.
But hey, he's CRAY-ZEE.

>I'M CRAZEEEE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

>mfw Sup Forums agrees with Eddie on most of the stupid shit he says and actually defends flat earthers

>CRAZEEEMIND

>EDDIE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE EARTH BEING FLAT
What a great ending

>YOU HAVEN'T LOOKED INTO
>I have looked into it so have scientists
>I'll look into it

That also describes a lot of boards here.

>dude you can't trust the internet
>i saw it on youtube

The dunning kruger effect

Imagine being Joe in that episode and having to be all like "damn, Eddie Bravo, I love you, you're my long-time friend and overall great bro. I would totally spend time with you off-podcast, both my "Rogan" character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is talk to an actual human with a functioning brain capable of thought. Like seriously imagine having to be Joe and not only sit in that chair while Eddie Bravo flaunts his disgusting mind in front of you, the favorable audio quality barely concealing his raspy voice, and just sit there, article after article, hour after hour, while he perfected that "I'M CRAAAAZY" line. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking beliefs but his haughty attitude as everyone in the room tells him he's STILL A GOOD DUDE and DAMN, EDDIE BRAVO BELIEVES *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been having nothing but a healthy diet of professional athletes and celebrities and later alleged woke victims as guests for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in New Jersey. You've never even heard anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his wrinkled forehead as he attempts to understand subjects he knows nothing about, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "crazy (for that is what he calls it)" beliefs, the beliefs he got from watching videos by obscure YouTube channels in the previous years. And then the clock tells you you're there for another fucking hour, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Joe. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

>the internet is biased!
>proceeds to use the internet to get his info

there is some strange phenomena with those youtube documentaries

I remember watching a few when I was 15 and being enthralled. but they were mostly about aliums not the fucking earth being flat

those circles are very cult like

>there's more land
>what do you mean there's more land
>who knows

>if you look into the experiments to see if the earth is spinning all of them fail
Really makes u think

>there is some strange phenomena with those youtube documentaries

Yeah it's because people think knowledge they discover themselves is worth more

Why do people get so asspained over flat earth?

>Yeah it's because people think knowledge they discover themselves is worth more
interesting, is there a word for this?

Respect to Rogan for lasting that long without bugging out.

>interesting, is there a word for this?
Stupid.

because it's idiotic

people just want to feel like they have some secret knowledge or information that they've found. if the earth was flat these same people would be claiming it was round

>inb4 Sup Forums memes themselves into becoming flat earthers

>Can we agree to disagree?
>Why?
>Because I don't trust shieeeeeeeet

>it's easier to control people when they're on a ball

Because it's literally the dumbest shit ever conceived and only exists to discredit actual conspiracies

>Because it's literally the dumbest shit ever conceived
you've never heard of time cube

This is Joe's exact closing argument.

flat earth theorists fascinate me

I just cant get my head around their thinking, it's so bizarre

Oh Christ, I forgot. okay second dumbest

At least it doesn't hold as much influence as the flat earth idea. It's ridiculous that so many people are into it

Flat Earthers just seem like retards who couldn't grasp basic middle school science and would rather believe that everybody throughout history was wrong rather than admit to being total dunces.

>mfw stupid evil people don't know about time cube
>mfw they call the bottom of the cube a side
>mfw four simultaneous days
>mfw I have no face

7/10

all these people believing in flat earth gives me hope someday time cube will take off

>giving views to people that steal content

Oh my.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2UCqL5qyo

Is time cube meant to make no fucking sense?
I can't grasp what he's trying to even get at. Am I stupid or is really that inane

you were educated stupid

>rationalwiki
>Time Cube is an incomprehensible "hypothesis", created by Gene Ray around 1997, that claims time is cubic. Interpretations vary, as does the exact text of the website,[1] but the core appears to have something to do with the earth passing through four simultaneous days in the course of 24 hours.
Don't worry, you're not the only one it makes no sense to.

first time watching this. is this real or is he just pretending to be retarded?

He never heard of Occam's razor.

it's real he's a schizophrenic

He's legit.

lmao fuck off retard

If the earth is flat, what's on the other side of earth (underneath it)?
How thin is it? Can you walk on the side of the Earth?

Not bad.

KEK

I wonder if knowledge of timecube is a good way of determining someones age

His argument on infowars (before Jonestein deleted the video) was that people should go watch this
youtu.be/pGl8I3l-5ac

Later he did a podcast with Dubay, it's breddy gud too
youtu.be/aoLSgtC_y6w

How do falt earthers explain that they failed to film even a single soldier or ship out of many thousands patrolling Antarctica?

No, they're smart enough to realize they're taking it "on faith" the earth is round, but dumb enough not to consider how untenable a global conspiracy intended to hide a "flat earth" would be. They get caught up in basic "how do I REALLY know that" skepticism but they lack any ability to mitigate that skepticism.

They don't think people were "wrong." They think scientists are lying about it, so you're not only trying to convince someone that their "science is wrong," but you've got to convince them that the wolf in sheep's clothing is actually just a sheep.....and most people won't allow themselves to be talked down from that kind of paranoia.

Gravity means an object that large can't be flat, shit would just break a part

>more land
That's according to Admiral Byrd, not Eddie Bravo.
youtu.be/gKvWWY03IAw

flat earthers don't believe in gravity either

how does eddie know as much as someone that lived thousands of years ago

Why? Have you ever looked into it? If not why not?

gravity is just a theory

Gravity only exists in the imagination and was created as a god of the gaps theory for heliocentrism
youtu.be/4J18e30zTyE

Why did Jones delete the video?

>NASA spends billions of dollars on solders with said solders being so brain-washed that none of them spills the beans and lets everyone know they are patrolling a fucking ice wall.

>NASA pays 3D artist sin India to produce high resolution CGI composites of the earth being round every 20 minutes for zero possible gain

Flat earthers literally think this is more plausible than the earth being a sphere. There is literally no fixing this level of ignorance.

Too much truth in one video

Because he's a gatekeeping shill. Could just say he was being careful, not wanting to alienate his audience or whatever except a few weeks later he got a brand new CGI spinning globe for his set and show intro.

>zero possible gain
>$50 million per day
Pick one

what's with americans and retarded conspiracy theories?

The most fucked up part about Flat Earth is that some smart people believe it.

gizmodo.com.au/2017/03/the-men-who-believe-the-earth-is-flat/

I think this article is on to something, people who are otherwise smart don't really understand geography, gravity, etc., so they turn to these crazy theories that somehow make sense to them because it's comforting

Done in 1911, 1912, 1927 (by plane) then twice in 1958. This is when they crossed the entire continent. But of course there was no flat earthers back then so they didn't know it was impossible.

>true science is repeatable joe!
>references an experiment that shows the earth is not spinning
>results of said experiment have never been able to be reproduced
>those scientist were bought and paid off joe!

I don't get it either. It's no more stupid than 9-11 truthers or chemtrails or antivaccers or thinking global warming isn't real.

sounds a lot like religion

Pretty positive Antartica has zero people guarding it. In fact you can just fly there from New Zealand and chill with the scientists at Scott base

>It's no more stupid than 9-11 truthers or chemtrails or antivaccers or thinking global warming isn't real.
Yeah it is.

seriously though that's probably an apt comparison...people who are otherwise smart don't understand one thing and they aren't used to it so they basically believe their headcannon instead

it is even dumber and those subjects are also made fun of

I can't figure it out, maybe something to do with the kinds of people who colonised the place.

No, user. If they believe the earth is flat, they are a very stupid person. The problem isn't that they're smart, the problem is that you've got a screwed up metric of what you think it means to be smart.

Just because somebody's a medical doctor, it doesn't make them smart. That's why argument from authority is a logical fallacy.

It's even worse. Last January one former Navy SEAL (and the descendant of a famous polar explorer from 1910s) wanted to complete the first unaided transantarctic trek. He died like 30km before completing it so of course conspiracy nuts said that he was murdered. It's not only illogical on so many levels but also disrespectful as fuck.

>retarded
See that's not an argument, that's something called "projection".

>reading pseudo-science instead of actual science
Protip: "science" is actually a methodology used to determine fact. Anathema to spherecucks and other assorted religious types.

No it wasn't, as evidence by Byrd's 1956 interview here. Note the part where he describes "an area the size of North America never seen by human eyes"
youtu.be/iPaMGxFUqXo
There's my source, you don't have any though do you?

The oldest and most successful UN treaty (same UN that uses the AE flat earth map as its logo) is the Antarctica treaty which, yes, has indeed prevented several independent explorers from setting foot there.
youtu.be/gKvWWY03IAw

Mmm, nah.

probably something to do with muh freedoms
>government is evil
>i can make up any retarded belief system I want and believe it according to the constitution
>therefore literally everything in the world is trying to oppress me and everything in science is a gonspiracy
>See that's not an argument
it's not trying to be

He meant this. All expedition during the Heroic Age had either Ross Sea or Wedell Sea as their starting point. That includes American missions that took place a decade later (they built a place called Little America which was near old Amundsen's place in the Ross Sea).

Some things are dumber than others user.

For example, it is dumber to not know that you get burned while you hold your hand in a fire than it is to not know acceleration of gravity.

>steal content
you clearly don't understand how youtube works.

MIchelson-Morley was repeated with the same result many times.

Interesting read. I honestly thought flat-earthers were just trolling. Boy, was I wrong.

The mind is certainly interesting.

You realize that Byrd himself crossed Antarctica himself many times, right? that's why he's famous in the first place.

His "never seen by human eyes" is waxing poetic. He's talking about the majority of the continent, which in his time was largely unexplored, except of course for crossings such as his.

>can't go to the Antarctica every year

Thousands of people tour Antarctica every year. You can stay at the South Pole itself if you want to. Yes, you have to get visa permission, like much overseas travel.

>every sailor in the history of the earth was wrong because my YouTube video says so