Was it a good idea to cast 53 years old actor as Grindelwald who is according to dullest franchise books supposed to be...

Was it a good idea to cast 53 years old actor as Grindelwald who is according to dullest franchise books supposed to be only 32?

magic lulz

He looks so stupid. I thought his reveal was a joke.

I think they cast him because they're expecting him to make a big "come back" with the new pirates flick

>>people still give credibility to johnny depp when he lost it ten years ago

I cannot fathom why they would get Colin Farrell and replace him. This franchise is gonna be fucken shit.

but that makes no damn sense

>alright! Balls in your court Disney, make Johnny boy look good for our franchise with your franchise! We're counting on ya!
>Who is this?

>Colin Farrell

He was perfect. Why the fuck didn't they just say that no one knows what Grindendorf looks like because he's killed everyone that's seen his face or something?

He looks like marilyn manson trying to copy david lynch

>Colin chewing scenery for 2 hours as a menacing manipulative bastard
>NYAAAAAAH NOW I AM EVIL JACK SPARROW *cryptic quote*

Like fuck off.

Just because your Sup Forumseddit mind pushes company wars on here doesn't mean ((they)) do behind the scenes

Happens all the time, gay boy

Yeah Dark Magic makes you all fucked up like the Dark Side did to Emperor Palpatoon and Depp is pretty must JUST these days so he was perfect for the role.

Jude Law, who is 44 years old, is going to be in a relationship with him.

Grindelwald should be Aryan

No better of an idea than casting 40 year olds to play Harry's parents, who died at around 22

That would be shit, but Farrell was much better. That being said Grindelwald is supposed to be blonde.

one of the worst movies ive ever watched

His only goal was to find obscurus, right? Why he even had to impersonate Graves? If he wanted to infiltrate American Ministry of Magic, why he gave himself away when he didn't have to?

Helena Bonham Carter was hotter as Bellatrix than she is in real life though

Bump

it was better than all the harry potter movies though

"No"

He was just there for the big name. Everybody knows Depp has gone to shit extremely quickly in recent years. He grew old and ugly and didn't have a plan to deal with it. Now look at that puffy face, it's just sad at this point. Brad Pitt is the same age as him, and he looks terrific.

No denying that was right, though

The problem is not the age, but that he looks like trash. Jude Law is 44, but he's fine

Never saw the movie but Colin Farrell is a terrific actor. So he won't be in the sequels? I hope that frees his schedule to make actually good movies.

Guy was supposed to be in disguise. Just give him a pair of glasses or something, who gives a shit.

Was a total waste of Farrell.

It wasn't a good idea, just like it isn't a good idea to watch the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right.

This movie was so fucking terrible. Why did he reveal himself at the end? He could have easily walked out of there.

>potter thread
>almost 30 posts without this pasta

>Grindendorf

I cannot stop laughing for some reason.

We're slipping.

gawd he looks terrible