What are some movies about the decline of masculinity

What are some movies about the decline of masculinity

I'll start with pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjibEkDoXQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

bump

The World According to Garp, this movie came out in 1982 and predicted that feminism would take over american society and turn men into gays or beta/omega cucks

this looks creepy as fuck

Is it the constant fear of military force that causes us all to fall in line?

did you know that 3/4 baby geniuses have perms?

What's wrong with Lebowski? I live by it and life is pretty great

Maybe you are shitposting, but OP is right. Big Lebowski is about the emasculation of the American male. There is not ONE character in the movie who is actually a good example of what a man should be. They are all weak, lazy, cowardly, impotent, self-serving, and or mean.

Underrated

V I LENIN

the females suck too

IDK man, all the characters represented 'shitty' people in that movie. The dude was the only one that you'd grow a liking to. Pretty comfy and laid back, he doesn't imply or try to dish out anything, that's my main objection to the OP

any Jason seagal romcom

I like that movie, good call

i thought it was about a guy having his rug pissed on because he was mistaken for another person with the same last name

Well, you are also not wrong.

how did the coens get this so on the nose? it was 1998. the decline of man was only about 10% as bad as it is now

this looks like a fake movie

like it looks like a bunch of actresses with a camera only they're serious instead of having fun

AM I WRONG

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjibEkDoXQc

I can't argue with those 7's

But I'm also not saying that the dude didn't lead an extremely comfy life. Im saying that that isn't how a real man lives.

How does a real man live my dude?

I'm thinking jungles and survival, not corporations and luxury services

There are many ways, I guess. But it doesn't include spending all day, every day, drinking and getting high, contributing nothing to society, living a totally aimless life. The dude was probably fun to hang out with, but face it man, he was a fucking bum.

They didn't do it intentionally, they just created a cast of characters based vaguely on real life people they knew in and around LA.

I read an interview the Coens did on Big Lebowski once and they claimed it was basically a massive character study. They created these characters and just had them interact with each other how the really would.

They also said it was probably their worst film.

THE BUMS WILL ALWAYS LOSE

I don't get how everybody likes The Dude. He seems like a real fucking jerk to me.

Who gets into a taxi and berates the driver for their choice of music? Like all hippies he's an arrogant, self righteous fuck

>missing the point of the movie THIS hard

It's a Taoist comedy, not a sociopolitical commentary. Get over yourself.

He didn't berate anyone, he just doesn't like the music being played by the radio and he thought his day was shitty enough that he could make a request to the driver, who by no means has to "understand" and do as he says, but out of that it's the lowest form of a request anyone can ask from anyone, the driver was pretty rude, but the dude doesn't get that, he doesn't understand why.

>Like all hippies he's an arrogant, self righteous fuck
That's where the dude tells you that's like your opinion, man

Doesn't get enough love.
When Williams died a bunch of people I knew on facebook were exploiting his death for facebook likes.
They'd make a big deal about how huge of fans they were and I'd bring up Garp and no one cared.
It's an actual good movie even if you don't like Robin Williams or aren't interested in light comedies.

A real man lives however he chooses, that's what makes a man a man.

You're describing a child.

A man builds, takes responsibility, contributes, defends, protects, and is reliable. Life is about more than just gratifying your impulses.

Nope. A man does what he wants. If he wants to build, take responsibility, contribute, etc that's fine, if he wants to gratify his impulses that's fine too. The only thing that defines a man is freedom. A man chooses.

Would you kindly get the fuck off my board?

Walter was sort of based. If he would of convinced Donnie to kill his ex-wife and her dog then he would of been the perfect character.

This mentality is a large reason why Western Civilization is crumbling before our eyes.
Enjoy your freedom while you have it. As for myself and the other men, we will work and fight so our children and grandchildren have the same freedom you are so flippantly squandering.

>self-serving, and or mean
I mean those are negative qualities but not something I'd call emasculating. Those are seen as negative for both genders equally. You can't just say that the characters have flaws a pretend that means it's emasculating.

That's true. But taken as a whole,.these were weak, pathetic men.

Now that I think of it, Delfino (the Brother Seamus) was the only somewhat decent person in the whole movie.

>Yes, yes "contribute" to my riches you good goy. It is the honorable thing for a man to do
SHOO SHOO

>Enjoy your freedom that I will fight for so my kids can have the same freedom

Were you attempting to make a point?

All capeshit movies teach kids that unless you're a "Superman" there's nothing you can do and there's no point trying. Put all of your trust in a "Superpower", sit back, and just watch the explosions.

It's cuck 101. And Sup Forums loves it.

Post picture of real ideal men.

BORDLEF GARP

kek and then moments before you cease to exist eternally you realize it was all for nothing anyway, all of your achievements wiped away in the blink of an eye

>t.construction worker