/lbg/- Letterboxd General

Classic edition.

Previous thread: >Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

>QotT?

Why do you use letterboxd?

>News
variety.com/

Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0141897/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
thefilmstage.com/news/david-fincher-world-war-z-sequel/
letterboxd.com/robertopancake/
letterboxd.com/brenx923/
letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
letterboxd.com/ReneEsquerra/
letterboxd.com/DPIW73/
letterboxd.com/Mastro666/
letterboxd.com/hkssalv/
letterboxd.com/hkssalv/film/empire-of-dust/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bel is controlling /lbg/

WHAT'S UP FAGS

watch myiazaki's entire filmography y/n?

I use Letterboxd to track what I watch and find out about movies that i could watch

>This screening will be from a 35mm print from Norman J. Warren's personal collection and introduced by Norman J. Warren & David McGillivray.

tfw

imdb.com/title/tt0141897/

>Film director James Garrick (John Nolan) has produced a film about Mad Dolly, a witch who made a deal with the devil to gain vengeance on those who sought to execute her. Garrick insists the film is based on his own family history and when a series of mysterious and gruesome deaths occur after a preview screening it seems he is more right than he ever knew. This second collaboration from Fantastiq guests Norman J. Warren and David McGillivray took inspiration from Dario Argento’s Suspiria to create a stylish chiller which features some extremely effective set pieces shot in gorgeous swathes of colour.

Yeah

give me a film

Of Cooks and Kung Fu

sup

I checked that akerman on youtube, and the quality is too bad. I won't sub it, sorry.

get the one off kg

Same shit. Judging by the screens the source is the same and the audio will still be shit. It's esp annoying since a kid seems to be talking a lot.

letterboxd.com/machill54/

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
hope le-pen deports you

What does /lbg/ think of Interstellar?

David Fincher Will Officially Direct the "World War Z" Sequel as His Next Film Anonymous 04/27/17(Thu)19:35:27

thefilmstage.com/news/david-fincher-world-war-z-sequel/

Thoughts?

it's shit

always happy to see a new fincher. his movies can be hit or miss but always worth a watch

me three.
they're comfy
ok.

Sorry lad. Maybe I'll do it if you do the timings for me.

>le pen
I hope you're ready for another disappointment in 10 days btw.

le pen is gonna win

bet you said the same thing about Wilders

nope, not even hofer

I'd do the timings if I didn't actually want to watch the film, doing the timings would spoil it for me

Can you ask one of your french kinopals to help you out? I donated 50gb to the pot on kg so the pot is now at like 200gb if that helps

I want to go through her filmog chronologically and that flicc having no subs has really thrown a spanner in the works

>chronological watching an entire filmography

is there literally any worse meme

your life

Is it kino?

kiNOPE

REKT

kek

Hi

Malin Akerman > Chantal Akerman

Choose substance over style

Do Altarwise and Amaranth use discord?

>Chantal Akerman
>muh realism

Such a hack

Well, that's dedication. I don't work with other french people tho, only native english speakers to proofread my sub.

I'll try to check the full film, since there's a 3 days week-end coming, this might be your lucky week after all.

letterboxd.com/robertopancake/

God bless TCM.

Night of the Hunter and Brief Encounters were absolute masterpieces of their respective genres.

The Trial was great but I think that was mostly to the credit of Kafka rather than Welles. The last act was marvelous but everything before wasn't as visually inspired by Kafka as it should have been in my opinion.

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf is 130 min of horrible sick people being horrible and sick. Almost entirely carried by the dialogue (which is exceptional). I can see how Ucho was heavily inspired by it. If you like dramas about diseased relationships, I'd highly suggest it, but that's not really my cup of tea.

Glad you liked Brief Encounter, amazing portrait of British frustration and self-loathing of the time.

>The Trial was great but I think that was mostly to the credit of Kafka rather than Welles.

Did Kafka direct The Trial?

I loved how it was able to capture romance in an incredibly powerful and intimate way.

No. What I meant is that the story is great, but I can't applaud Welles for it because he only adapted it and I don't think he adapted it particularly well.

He's made a career out of adapting run of the mill mass release paperbacks and he's always made them interesting. So while I'm surprised that he might chose this project, I'm looking forward to what his eye can do for that material.

letterboxd.com/brenx923/

Who /teamava/ here?

new to lbg but this is nice

Wtf whos this I literally just watched this

Yes

who are you?
and
do you like it?

I asked first.

Yes I enjoyed it very much so. Starts off Hitchcockian but you feel relieved the further it progresses.

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
the one, the only, king of kino is here

letterboxd.com/ReneEsquerra/
now that I think about it, i can not remember how it ended, its been a while since i saw it, but for some reason always comes to my mind

also some approved /lbg/ post-apocalyptic film

what are some /lbg/ approved , i mean.

O-bi O-ba! The End of Civilization
A Boy and His Dog
The Time Machine
The Road
Phase IV
Southland Tales

kill yourself pedo tourist spic

Resident Evil films by PWSA.
Pure kino.

what a faggot, you are the guy who comes to Sup Forums to shit on people and to not talk films, tourist faggot.
yeah, i also love those world war z movies, right?

watch more kino

>124 films

letterboxd.com/DPIW73/

letterboxd.com/Mastro666/

what? as if icould list all i've watched over the years,and feel kinda pretentious trying to mention them all.

f-fabs? is that you?

always am friend!

Why would you follow vexembryo and that fag from [s4s]?

I wish I were Fabsy

>that fag from [s4s]
Who?

Sylvydra

/who/ vs /lbg/
which would win inna fight

/who/ here,

/lbg/ would destroy us with their taste alone and impregnate our gf's by just looking at them

Who /justlogs/ here

Reviews are for pretentious autists

>autists
What did he mean by this?

I want to vomit

Could you please delete this comment, user? I've been told that Ava will be visiting this thread later tonight and I'd really like her to feel comfortable and at home here so that she may become a regular contributor. Such remarks as yours don't serve to foster the healthy, welcoming environment of spirited intellectual debate and brotherly camaraderie that /lbg/ should aim to present, not just to Ava but to any new visitors to this place. I'm sure you'll do the right thing now that I've laid it out for you. Best.

Generals are cancer.

letterboxd.com/hkssalv/

letterboxd.com/hkssalv/film/empire-of-dust/

Endless movie backlogs to catch up.

Fucking kek

Was it autism?

I'm honestly shocked at the current state of this website. Yeah, we made racist jokes sometimes, but it was all fun, right? At the end of the day, we all voted for Obama, we all supported gay marriage, and we all opposed racist conservative christians. But now? Our entire fucking site is subverted because of fucking nazis.

The internet is OUR platform. the LIBERAL platform. Racism, sexism, misogyny, were all confirmed to be left in the past because millenials are the most left-wing generation of all time. So why in the FUCK, do we still have to deal with nazis IN TWENTY-FUCKING-SEVENTEEN? Despite how much you wanna cry about how it's just a conspiracy and a boogeyman, Russian hackers ARE real, and this site is proof. We went from one of the most liberal sites in the world to supporting Orange Fucking Hitler? Nah, that's not normal progression because people only get more liberal with age, just like how you get smarter with age.

Threads like these just show that we need MUCH more strict moderation around here. I'm sick of all of this shit. Fuck Nazis, Fuck Fascists, Fuck Hitler, Fuck Trumpf, Fuck White Pride, and FUCK REPUBLICANS. Just fucking nuke this site already.

Had to listen to a women at a cinema slap down (event at my college where people debate films) argue about why she didn't like the movie. She said it was too dark and hard to watch whilst agreeing with her opposer that it's socially relevant. Lady, if you hate what this film makes you feel than it needs to exist. Social satire exists to be a catalyst for change. It's not just saying "hey this part of society is fucked up," movies like this are made to make us reflect and make changes. If some moron kills a dog bc of this that isn't on the filmmaker. This movie is critiquing us, and if you don't like where we're headed than you should be happy that we're aware of it and are discussing it. Don't tuck this away if you're scared, it's the movie you need to see.

So fucking done with these

Cinemos when

/thegr1fter