What is the best Alien film out of the whole franchise Sup Forums?

What is the best Alien film out of the whole franchise Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

afrodita.rcub.bg.ac.rs/~alexp/sf/alien3.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The first, which is also the only good one.

Alien > Prometheus > Aliens > 3 > 4

Alien
Dont ask questions you already know the answer to

The unproduced William Gibson scripted one...

afrodita.rcub.bg.ac.rs/~alexp/sf/alien3.html

Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Alien Resurrection

Holy shit, objective powerranking right here. Never met anybody else who prefers Prometheus to Aliens before. Wanna hang out?

Alien and it's not even close.

Alien =/= Aliens
Covenant
Alien 3

Prometheus
-------------POWER GAP--------------
Resurrection

Alien
best Ripley too

I'm so sick of this conversation. It's always going to be Alien 1

aliens>alien>avp2 game>rest

Alien is widely considered one of the greatest films of all time. Probably the greatest american sci-fi behind 2001.

Italian Alien

>people who like prometheus are people without friends, desperate to hang out with strangers on the internet

who would've guessed

2001 a-shit

I don't get the whole resurrection hate

yeah it's goofy, but it's pure kino, Jean-Pierre Jeunet's watermark, see this and then Amelie, and you'll understand, it has nothing to do in the continuity, even more out of of the franchise than alien 3, but as a standalone film, it's incredible, you need to watch it as you watched Mothra vs Godzilla

>For horror fans
Alien

>For virgin fanboys
Aliens

>For goths
Alien 3

>For Joss Whedom fanboys
Alien:Resurrection

>dem nips
HNNNNNG

I only liked Alien.

And Aliens and Prometheus as extra.

You have terribly-low standards.

Sad.

Alien > Aliens > Prometheus > Alien 3 > AVP > Alien Resurrection > AVP 2

>Alien and Aliens are the only good ones.
>Prometheus could of been amazing but instead the writing was shit. It just brought up too many unanswered questions.
>Alien 3 was unneeded. First mistake was killing off Hicks and Newt. It just made Aliens irrelevant. I know this movie had a lot of a backstage problems and it didn't turn out as bad as what could of been.
>AVP was somewhat entertaining the first time watching. But why the fuck is it set on earth and not in space with some colonial marines thrown in? It could of been a mixture of Aliens and Predator. But no we got a shit tier ice age movie with pyramids instead. Also why they made a Predator a "good guy" I don't know.
>Alien Resurrection was again unneeded. Acting is piss poor at times. The Hybrid Alien in theory is cool but looked weird on camera. Could of made a better film with what they had.
>AVP 2 is just god awful. The movie could of been saved by the Pred-Alien creature but the whole film is shot in the dark. I remember barely seeing anything the whole movie except for some moving shadows. The only scene that was some-what imaginative was the alien attacking the pregnant lady.

Nah :3

>Boohoo they killed newt and Hicks
Everytime I see someone shit on alien 3 they bring up this stupid shit. Why don't you whine about ripley dying too?

MOMMY

>prometheus before aliens

God damn you people are autistic

Aliens

Based James Cameron

So, where does AvP rank?

Alien >> Alien 3 > Aliens >>>> Alien R > Prometheus

Prometheus > all other jump scare teen movies

YEAH MUH MEATHEAD RAMBO IN SPACE RIPLEY SOLOS THE WHOLE FUCKING HIVE WOOOO
>*SHOVES POPCORN IN FACE*

Unironically this desu

Consider where you are nigger

My nigga

kek
Scooby Doo in space is a good one also

Because at least Ripley had an arc in the movie and had the chance to fight.

We spend all last movie watching Ripley fight tooth and nail for Newt and then they just fucking kill her in five minutes.

false. Aliens is the best. It has the Queen Alien, Bishop, Powerloader, and Nute.

what the fuck dude. At least Alien 4 is the right place.

This place is fucking retarded.

alien 3.
every movie ever should open with an alien egg shoved somewhere with no explanation or credible reason from a previous movie.
then every movie would be as good as alien 3.
because alien 3 is not shit, doesnt insult fans, contains a vast array of unique and interesting characters that you can totally tell apart.
i also enjoy the way the film kills everyone and brings the franchise to a halt.

AVP 2

The 2 first movies are masterpieces, you can disregard the rest. Repeat with Terminator franchise.

Isolation

There are 2.

Alien (for best horror/suspense)
Aliens (for best action)

You can't really compare the two because they are in such different subgenres.

Alien 3 is maximum kino and separates the men from the boys.

Aliens is a cathartic rollercoaster. Almost perfect action movie.

Alien is as influential as Star Wars and 2001. Simple haunted house/lifeboat plot with body horror.

Resurrection is weird. Mostly bad but still has its moments.

Prometheus is just Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness with a dash of Alien reboot.

They're all interesting movies and Covenant looks like it will be a rock solid jam.

Alien 8: The Fast and the Furious

Alien>Alien 3>Prometheus>Alien Resurection>Aliens>Alien vs Predator

This right here is the absolute be all, end all, perfect way of viewing the Alien franchise.

and action and shitty dialogues and lol.

Alien>Aliens>Prometheus>>>>>>>>Alien 3>Alien: Resurrection

I fully expect Covenant to slot in between Aliens and Prometheus.

Alien 3 Assembly Cut >>> Alien > Prometheus >> Aliens > Resurrection >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AvP > AvP Requiem