Rome thread

>You will penetrate someone today, or I will burn your wretched books at the yard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kdzUOCqYU0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what was the deal with her fucking the Jew merchant?

Cheaper than paying him in gold.

>tfw ywn get to choose Atia's body over mere gold
kill me

GOAT female tv character?

>it's a Pulo kills someone in an autistic rage episode

Shame, shame on the house of Ptolemy.

all mockery of jews and their one god shall be at an appropriate minimum

hottest character in the show by far

HE WAS A CONSOLE OF ROME

>ywn penetrate atia, octavia and cleopatra
>ywn be as based as mark antony
Why even live?

She uses sex to try and control people to varying degrees of success. Merchant guy has money and influence so she fucks him.

just finished watching episode 9 of this where she seduces her brother

really good but how did they make the city feel so lifeless, like it doesn't feel like the capital city of the Roman Empire

Who here /AGRIPPA/ ?

They say slaves talk of bravery as fish talk of flying.

sadly he is a total cuck in the end

THIRTEEEN!

PULLO

Can we all agree that the second Octavian is completely inferior to the first one?

>it's an Octavian fucks his sister, then lectures her on why incest is philosophically and morally wrong as they lie in bed post-coitus

yes

Octavian is a true patrician.

He just had to prove to her that she was a degenerate whore

>Marcvs Antonivs
>based

HE WORSHIPS DOGS AND REPTILES

HE BLACKES HIS EYES WITH SOOT LIKE A PROSTITUTE

HE DANCES AND PLAYS THE CYMBALS IN VILE NILOTIC RITES

>always want to fap to the women of the julii

>find it so hard to fap alone

i think something is wrong with me

I think this guy might have been my favourite part of the show.

>Fetch that German slut from the kitchen or you'll be next for the king of goats over there.

>find it so hard to fap alone

wat
how else do you do it?

The fact that his cleopatra arc got cut makes me so sad. Could you imagine an entire season of James Purefoy being degenerate in Egypt?

chatting with someone else whos fapping

she had a fetish for goaty little men

youtube.com/watch?v=kdzUOCqYU0Y

>Rufus Tranquilus

>Isn't he father to Octavia's friend Jocasta?

kek

>Merchant guy has money and influence so she fucks him.
you're fucking retarded cunt.

>Not Posca nagging to Caesar and Mark Anthony with them being unable to retaliate because he is THAT good.

Nigga that's gay

Real question is how Pullo knew of Vorenus wife button.

>that scene where the skinhead guy fucks that black haired girl roughly on the table and uses the rope in her mouth like reins

i need help

90's born queers

Nigga you misquoted

PC master race

Plebeian trash pls exit this thread

there is no help,Sup Forums is where the dreams come to die.

Sup Forums has made me a degenerate

>HE BLACKES HIS EYES WITH SOOT LIKE A PROSTITUTE
You mean a Puerta Rican whoaah?

Well I mean, it is a TV show from 2004. They didn't really have the means to show anything but smaller sets and maybe the occasional real life alley.

>ywn have a harem of female slaves you can fuck whenever you please

Why live?

What are some other decent historical series like Rome?

I had some fun with Marco Polo despite it's flaws, but it got cancelled. Deadwood is amazing as well of course.

The Last Kingdom
Vikings
The Pillars of the Earth
World Without End
Spartacus (less accurate and more action based)

Boardwalk Empire is bretty good.

are you not a 90's born queer user?

The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End are pretty underrated imo

Vikings and Spartacus are more normie-tier.

samefag btw

I quit 3 episodes in, does it get better?

Hell no.
I'm from the 89

I kinda hated Vikings and Spartacus. But I'll give the others a look. Thanks.

I enjoyed the first two seasons but after that I kinda lost interest, mostly because I didn't like a lot of the characters.

>I quit having seen only the best episodes of the series does it get better?
what a gen zombie faggot you are.

Cleopatra was overrated af, also sloppy seconds from Caesar

you're both blind retards

If you don't like it by episode 3 it's probably not a series for you.

westworld

if that's true why do your posts look like they were made by a faggot teenager?

Why? Don't get me wrong I love Rome's portrayal of Rome and I always thought it looked pretty lived it and pretty full of life, but it's not like you get a lot of wide shots that make you "take in the splendor or Rome". Granted I think that was kinda the point as well, to focus on the individuals over the bigger history.

Great show but unless I've just woken up from a coma it's not very historical.

>I kinda hated Vikings and Spartacus.
good taste user

ya. Second was good, but first was pure excellence.

>but it's not like you get a lot of wide shots that make you
nigga what?
you missed that scene when they kill vercingetorix and they move all the city to see the poor bastard die in agony?
or when vorenus is in mar temple to be named evocati.
it has plenty big moments

I really liked The Last Kingdom but it doesn't get much appreciation. Also, The White Queen is bretty gud.

AVOID OUTLANDER unless you like female rape fantasy.

mind = blown

>Cucked by Timon
>Cucked by Agrippa
>Cucked by Caesar

I've been rewatching season 1 this week, and I forgot how fucking hot Atia is. Perfect tits too.

They had a few shots where they blew their load on sure but it wasn't a common occurrence.

I'm not complaining about it or anything. I'm just saying back in 2004 they didn't really go full out with the CGI like they do these day with GoT and stuff like that.

God fucking damnit why is he never in quality productions anymore

To be fair I think what most of you are looking for is somewhat historical fiction that can be enjoyed for the setting/writing while still being believable enough that it isn't outright offensive.

In that case it just depends what you want. A lot of good movies too.

What I haven't heard mentioned tv-wise:
>Hornblower
>Carlos
>Band of Brothers
>Generation Kill
>The Pacific (not recommended unless you're into that theatre specifically)
>Peaky Blinders
>The Borgias
>The Tudors

Off the top of my head.

Has anyone seen the new Medici series with Dustin Hoffman and Robb Stark? It looks kind of like Rome, I want to check it out.

I, Claudius should go without saying. The Last Kingdom is pretty cool, and Vikings is good, atleast the first couple seasons. Sharpe's series is great, although regarding battles the low-production is noticeable. Counting miniseries, Lonesome Dove is top-tier, and all of that series is decent (if it's based off a McMurtry novel). Centennial and Shogun are solid vintage miniseries as well.

Cadfael is a good hidden gem, it's a mystery drama series set in the early middle ages around a former crusader who became a monk after returning to England. On the subject of historical mystery series, I've been recently enjoying Nicholas Le Floch, a crime drama series set in pre-Revolutionary France (it's in French with subtitles).

they used more extras than game of thrones do today

Well that's because they can just CG everything in and use more wide shots.

vikings is garbage

and you think that somehow makes it better?

Hap and Leonard was kino.

God no. I was just trying to explain to the guy why there weren't a lot of moments where they series show the huge scale of the city.

There really should be a big-budget well-casted series about the 3rd century crisis that Rome faced. That shit writes itself with breakaway realms like the Palmyra and Gallic Empires at work. Or how the new Sassanid Empire was making a serious comeback against their Roman foes at the same time.

I just wish they made more historical shows not set in medieval England.

I'd watch a show based on Agrippa tttt

Pretty awesome dude

the general public is is too stupid to support something like that.

Was she proto Cersei?

They don't even properly depict medieval England. Especially the pre-1066 era with the Anglo-Saxons. With the exception of the 2010's Pillars of the Earth adaptation, shows and movies fail to address the fact that England's rulers and nobility all spoke French since they were descended from the Norman invaders.

And you're absolutely right that other locales should be covered. Like Byzantium. They had plots that would make Game of Thrones look like child's play.

>ywn jump into the arena to help your best friend stave off certain death
just crucify my shit up, senpai

This is so true. And knowing how SJW-infested productions are today, they'll fuck up any depiction of Rome with ham-fisted liberalism.

>Rome with ham-fisted liberalism
isn't it funny that at first i was pretty peeved that you would unnecessarily bring up SJW shit in this comfy thread, but then it hit me how easily they could do it and they WOULD do it. We all know they would. A modern day rendition of HBO's Rome would have trannies, forced and awkward homosexuality (instead of the kind we saw in the show), clumsy modern political analogies that would age terribly and make the show less likely to be timeless. Tuff girl mary sue heroines, instead of the manipulative but complex and interesting bitches we got. Shit.

we're very lucky we got rome, sopranos deadwood, carnivale, that was the golden age of television, not the garbage they shit out for retards and sjw's today. none of those shows would stand a chance of being made now.

I'm very liberal in my views, but I really hate how modern productions try to insert their values into historical dramas. For crying out loud, people were far different from us in Roman times. Even modern Italians are nothing like Ancient Romans.

Everything you listed is exactly the sort of shit I expect. Hell, I'd LOVE to see how they'd depict the Parthian and Sassanid Empires; Rome's greatest foe and the only the civilized power nearby. Would they go full-out white guilt and tote the Persianates as superior? Because on a lot of levels, Persia was pretty awesome; something which even /his/ generally agrees upon. Or would they still have superior white cultures dictate to evil brown-skins?

I know. When did SJW's starting shitting up the joint? 2010 and onwards? Because in the 2000's, it wasn't this bad from what I remember in high school and college.

>>Hornblower
>>Band of Brothers
>>The Pacific (not recommended unless you're into that theatre specifically)
>>The Borgias
>>The Tudors

Sup Forums's had threads and posts about these series. Hornblower is god-tier as well as Sharpe.

Marco Polo got cancelled?
Fucking shit man I was waiting for the next season

They'd probably end up darkening and arabizing the Persians too much and making them basically just exotic arabs, rather than the majestic and advanced indo-aryans who were truly our rivals for hundreds of years until we were both snuffed out by the arabs. But since the current zeitgeist is that Iran is evil and we need to psychologically prime the population to fight them, they can't be depicted in a good light.

I'd say start of the aughts is when it got out of hand. also when i started college and basically went through a 4 year white guilt session.

I will get autistic about Cleopatra and the whole Egypt storyline. Most of our characters would be speaking Greek, first off. The soldiers would not have been black but semites or greeks, Nubians were barely in the Ptolemaic army. Did that bother anyone else?

Pacific is shit

Band of Brothers is pure kino

I wanna see a series following Hannibal Barca and Scipio Africanus going from Hannibal marching from Spain to Italy, through to the battle of Zama, ending with the two main characters disillusioned and cast aside by the countries they fought for.

>ywn see the struggles of these two historical giants in a relatively unbiased way that allows for their flawed but genius natures to navigate complex storylines and the trials and tribulations their men went fighting for dominance of the mediterannean
Just WEWUZ my Hannibal up, senpai

2007 was the beginning of the end

So she's a typical woman.