Death Note

Who else is excited for the action-packed adventures of Light Turner and his cool African-American adversary 'Lil L'?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gbYxY1lgnqw
youtube.com/watch?v=zX-Wl0ezsZo
youtube.com/watch?v=9PTzJ9EveMs
youtube.com/watch?v=jl668bIaGsw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>mfw it'll be okay just like the animu

>Light sitting in the light
>L squatting in the dark

This is the last time they spoke as friends.

>L wearing shoes

>L not eating desserts or drinking tea with 88 sugar cubes

>L leaning on his toes instead of being flatfooted in his chair

>youtube.com/watch?v=gbYxY1lgnqw
Looks like shit. We'll never get scenes like this.

The characters don't look right, but I really like the lighting.

The adaptation is set in America. 13% of the population is black. It makes sense some of the characters are too. Stop making a big deal out of it.

>youtube.com/watch?v=zX-Wl0ezsZo
Or this

>not posting the dub

It doesn't mean L has to be American though. He wasn't Japanese in the original despite it being set there.

>watching dubbed anime

Light kinda looks like the kid who would've watch Death Note back in the day.

I unironically look forward to this.

I know people want the literal anime just with real actors, but I've already watched it once, so I want to see a different spin on it.

>I'll take this delicious Lays® potato chip. AND EAT IT!

>Google 'smart niggers'
>Five results
>Kill them all
>Never hear from L again

L would never let his real name be that easily to find.

Well to be fair, the creator says he's 1/4 Jap but Japan just likes doing that for non Japanese characters.

>Now I want to rewatch Death Note for the third time
Say what you will, but there's some really great moments in there.

I'm on my first watch of it. L just died.

I heard it gets worse, is that true?

youtube.com/watch?v=9PTzJ9EveMs

This scene man, makes me tear up a little bit still. Naomi why :(

Yes, very much so. You get "Totally not L" and "edgy blond L" as replacements and neither are nearly as interesting.

kek

No it didn't have to be L per se. Could be Light or any other character. But having it set in America with no black people would feel weird.
Now if they made the entire cast a diversity fest that'd be different but this I don't see anything wrong with.

>I heard it gets worse, is that true?
It gets worse, but no where near as bad as people say. It's not "shit", just mediocre and disappointing. I thought it picked up again towards the end though.
Plus there's still some good moments.

I only learned to appreciate the part after that happens on my second or third watch. It's still good though.

The last episode is still good, it almost redeems the mediocrity of the post-L arc

I'd say the part where the Death Note was in a fucking rocket missile solidified the last section as shit. So out of touch with the tone of the rest of the series

jfc that's some cringe looking shit
series was only good to ep 25 .....this won't even be good to episode 2.

It's a film

kekk

Even worse. On the bright side:
>they're bombing with adaptations so hard that Hollywood will never ruin the truly kino animes

Mikami is honestly the saving grace post-L.

>they will never ruin Jin-roh Wolf Brigade with a shitty adaptation

you're right, thank god.

>just mediocre and disappointing
so in other words shit

If you want to be hyperbolic and/or the only adjectives you know are 'shit' and 'kino', then sure.

>nigger L

nope thank you

DELETE this

lol wut Mikami was stupid

It has its ups and downs.

Will he still ask the police force to call him Ryuzaki? What will he ask them to call him? Are they just gonna call him L all the time?

I'm okay with a black L but is this blackwashing?

Pretty much what said. It's watchable but you'll yearn for L from now on.

It was an alright dub, some are better than others but that's a small number

Considering L was mostly white, yes it is.

This. People need to stop acting like this is some unimpeachable work of art and not just a Japanese comic book that has already been adapted no less than six times..

You have to go back.

>But having it set in America with no black people would feel weird.
no it wouldnt. once you get out of large cities, there are little to no black people

WE

I prefer subs as a rule but DN was one of the better dubs when it was released.

HEALS ON GROUND CYKA

Was he though? No attention was drawn to his choice of being referred to as Ryuzaki. He was likely raised in England but other than that there's no reason to assume he was white.

is death note worth watching/reading

I kinda didn't pay mind to it back when it was big, I feel like it'd be sorta pointless this late in the party

It's amazing. You have to watch it!

You, this singular entity, can confidently make that statement? You must me omnipresent or something, breh!

Dunno about the mangas but it's worth watching even if you're not into jap cartoons

It's a unique story with a unique protagonist and if you like the 'battle of wits' trope even remotely then I guarantee you'll have fun

It's really good. Don't let the memesters and anti-popular faggots here dissuade you.

>Not being a weeb autist

sitting like that just doesn't work in live action
why can't hollywood just die already

>holding on to armrest for balance

It's worth the watch. It's unique in that the protagonist is the villain and the antagonist is a hero. Light and L and their rivalry is the beating heart of the show.

There are Youtube parodies that look better than this.

I like the "battle of wits" thing but honestly at some points it feels really too artificial and covoluted.
Basically it's just an endless series of
"if he was really Kira he would have expected me to expect him to answer like this, but since he did he must not be Kira!!"
At some point it feels like L could just have made a wild guess or think about it differently and he was sure to catch him

I don't even like anime but how the fuck is that guy supposed to look intellectually intimidating, he looks like he works at a McDonalds or something

Death Note is most 25+ y/o weeb's first "thinking animu/manga".
They spent so much time reading shonen fightan that DN was amazing to them.
"Battle of wits" gets worn out as soon as Yotsuba became a thing. Peaks a little during LaDIES then all shit thereafter.

Overall it's something like a 4-5/10, but the first 12 episodes are 7/10, and it steadily declines from there.

Light and L should switch places, they've already stated this won't be a direct adaptation but rathet an americanized version.
A black Light would unironically be pretty American-hear me out. Light could be a star football player with a perfect gpa seen as the model student of the community. Potray him as secretly spiteful/bored of his life. This transfers the theme of perfect student with potential being corrupted by the supernatural.
Nat Wolf L would have that pale school shooter look, which is the closet you can get to the pale L potrayed in the anime.

>people thinking that Light is the bad guy

Not if you're in the South or Southwest. Basically the lower half of the United States.

as much as you'd like to habeeb otherwise, logical thinking isn't reddit behavior

>everyone is wrong except me: the character
>add to that ultimate power
>not a perfect recipe for a bad guy

Are there any other anime like Death Note?
On one hand I find it interesting, on the other hand I find it autistic how it's just about "creating convoluted rules for having super powers" and then just pushing all the rules of these powers to their limit. It's actually very shallow and cold, in the sense that the whole manga has no theme and is just about technical plot points.
Reminds me in Inception in a way: cool concept, then the whole movie is about building up more advanced concept on this initial concept, up until the point were the characters and irrelevant.

This.
>L not biting his nails and instead uses them as balance

>mfw plebs prefer the first intro that is cringy as fuck whereas the 2nd intro is really bombastic

If anything L should be Indian since he's British.

All Death Note intros are shit.

L was my favorite character, but I gotta say, Light's fake freak-out after that is one of my favorite moments.

>Chinesse death metal
No thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=jl668bIaGsw

>tfw we will never get this kino scene

what the fuck was the point of this scene?
this was cringy as fuck and came out of nowhere

1:22 says it all.

yeah I wanna see it but I don't expect it to be amazing
it's a pretty unique story and has it's moments for sure but it's also a product of it's weekly/fortnightly comic format

The dub was actually decent

I'm not going to be a retard and i'll judge it until I see it. still it baffles me how this was perfect for a "anime" netflix thing, like they did with daredevil, but instead chosen to do a movie. dafuq.

I remember when I saw this scene when I was eleven years old and got horny for the first time ever. This brings back good memories. Thank you, user.

Same. I don't expect it to be good but I had a great experience watching the anime and it'll feel good to revisit the universe no matter how gimped. Hopefully William Dafoe as Ryuk can salvage it. And black L doesn't seem terrible

K I N O
I
N
O

Its Christian symbolism

John 13:1–17
>14 “If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.”
Jesus washed his disciples feet and was betrayed by one of them. Such as L was betrayed by Light.

Its showing that L was a genuinely good person who cared for Light as a friend, and how Light was really evil one.

WUZ

if it doesn't end the same way as the jap movie did they fucked up

japs are good at squatting becaue they use squat toilets, theyre trained from childhood to squat

americans often cant squat properly because they sit down to shit

Just read Crime and Punishment. Everything of the genre is just a derivative of it and it did it all better.

The protag's name is Rodion Romanovich Raskalnykov, whats not to like.

How the FUCK did this get approved? The squad is a comfortable and natural position for a tall and thin guy and this looks the opposite of that. Were any humans involved with this movie at all?

code geass

I really hope this is a cat and mouse movie and not some action packed thriller.

I thought that hostage exchange door was kind of cool just because of the mechanics behind it. Besides that I thought the whole Near arc was dumb

hes mixed Japanese Italian French something. I mean his race really doesnt matter since he was basically Interpol.