Is he the most stupid Marvel villain?

Is he the most stupid Marvel villain?

>gets killed because he's distracted by Star-Lord's dancing

"I accuse you because... because... zero motivation."

I literally couldn't remember which movie this guy was from, or what his problem was. That's how generic marvel movies are.

he was a muslim.
>muh traditions
>burn the infidels

>I WILL ENACT 1000 YEARS OF CREE JUSTICE UOPN Sup Forums

>have all kinds of reality altering technology
>decides to do battle with a hammer
this is why capeshit will always be shit

>le funny can remember meme

GOTG had to introduce 5 new heroes to the audience, it didn't really have time (or need) a complex or intelligent villain.

What a waste of based Lee Pace

Remember the bad guy from Thor 2?

No, neither do I.

>Is he the most stupid Marvel villain?

No Lee Pace is based and Ronan is one of the most memorable Marvel villains

The Incredibles
Watchmen
X-Men First Class

>a film doesn't need a good villain
>a SUPER HERO film doesn't need a good villain

Why are you excusing bad writing mate? What's next, a horror movie doesn't need a scary monster because too many protagonists?

>the heroes are just as forgettable as the villian

I mean I don't remember anything about him other than blue skin.

The films are DESIGNED to be forgettable. After all they need you to buy a ticket to see the same movie again next year

He was badass. But he is kind of stupid for stopping destroying a planet because someone was dancing.

Audience already knew the protagonists in First Class, they are just younger versions.

Watchmen was shit and nearly 4 hours long with the ultimate cut. The Incredibles had a weak villain and was carried by the family

Sure you can just greentext something I didn't say and remove context if it helps.

They're not though, are they? Because GOTG went from "literally who?" to a huge box office hit that outgrossed Superman, a staple of pop culture

@82126214
>the incredibles had a weak villain
>this is what marvel fags actually believe
>replying to multiple people

That was his great victory and he was triggered some a-hole was stepping all over his moment.

*stupidest

you fucking ape

This

I can't believe this comparison wasn't made more often. If he had a few more scenes building up his character and nature of his religion+ Xsndar/Kree feud (and fixing the cringeworthy dance off scene) he would have been an actually good Villian.

>they're not though are they
they are all generic and basically pointless, there was maybe one or two character arcs among them but whatever those were have long since been forgotten by me.

You tell me if that's memorable or not. I feel like I'm forgetting a whole character. There's the racoon, groot, memelord, and the green girl. Isn't there a 5th or 6th team member though?

He looks like a generic sith lord desu

>they are all generic and basically pointless

And yet it transformed Chris Pratt from the fat guy on park and recs into a Hollywood star who is now getting huge movie roles all over the place.

Groot, who nobody had ever heard of, became one of the highest selling toys that Christmas.

The franchise became hugely popular out of absolutely nowhere, and is now one of Marvel's biggest properties.

If you think they're generic, forgettable, or pointless then maybe you're just out of touch with the general public and pop culture

There's only one Kree I care about

most dumb?

>context

Nigga you're excusing bad writing because REASONS.

>it's OK that my antagonist is forgettable and uninteresting because I have a bunch of protagonists!

Jesus dude. Never write a movie. You'll decide you don't need a proper ending because the beginning was strong enough.

Again, you've totally removed any context from the statement and attacked a strawman.

>Jesus dude. Never write a movie

Well GOTG was hugely critically and commercially successful, so maybe the issue is with you.

>5 new heroes

One of them's an Indiana Jones clone

One of them is a generic stronk womyn

One of them is autistic and yells what is going on all the time, to humorous effect

One of them is a generic Hollywood snarky asshole

One of them is a CGI version of a puppet character you'd find in a lot of 80s fantasy/sci-fi movies whose schtick is that they can only say one word or phrase

Clearly we needed to eschew a compelling plot and interesting antagonist to make way for such complex and original characters.

All MCU villains are pretty shit.
The only ones worth mentioning are Zemo, Red Skull and Emil Blonksy.

MCU doesn't have "villains"

They have anti-quippers. The role of the anti-quipper is to endure the quips of the protagonist, aka the quipper

Did anyone else like this guy and was angry he didn't get to do shit?

>maybe you're just out of touch with the general public and pop culture

Most Sup Forums users are. They live in the bubble of this site.

So far? Yeah. Literally got meme-killed. I can't think of a more pathetic one in the MCU so far.

>samefagging like this
>being this dense
>being this retarded
>being this pathetic

At least he's more memorable than this guy

hahah dude if you don't eat this garbage their must be something wrong with you

hahah dude if you don't let jamal fuck your wife and mother you have a problem bro

>t-hey are all g-generic guy gets triggered.

>CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Holy shit I literally fucking can't. I just remember Thor and Loki teaming up and that was the highlight of the entire fucking thing.

I vaguely remember dark energy shit but I don't remember who was manipulating it if there was anybody at all as a central villain.

>the audience is too stupid to remember 1 villain character

Reddit.....

I don't know about stupid but I remember extremely little about him

I really liked Hugo Weaving as Red Skull. Only good part of the first Avengers. Then they killed him.

Shit, Captain America. Whatever. It's all so forgettable at this point.

A lot of people consider it the MCU's worst most boring of them all.

Zemo a shit

A lot of people sit down, watch capeshit religiously, take it seriously, and consider it in their top 10 list and pay good money to do it.

I don't understand it but Disney does.

I remember him, I remember Thor's mommy kicking his ass at the beginning of the movie.

Supposedly they had more stuff filmed for Ronan, but it didn't make it in the final cut.
All I fucking want is Based Pace hamming it up for a solid 2 hours. Is that to much to ask?

Yeah, he wasn't that great but at least his motivations were clear.

The worst MCU villain up to this day.

It was titled "the first avenger" internationally, so you're not wrong.

The part that annoys me the most about MCU villains is that essentially every actor who has played a villain is a phenomenal actor and they've just completely wasted whatever potential they might've had.

Gottem

>All he has to do is give the planet a love tap
>Enters the atmosphere in the biggest fucking ship he could wrangle this side of Jupiter

Easily OP, easily.

>Boyd Holbrook shows up to give a fantastic performance in Logan
>Character is written into fucking complete garbage outside of one scene

Just shoot me, nobody in the genre can write worth a damn. X-Men has spent almost two decades wasting its talent, never mind Marvel.

The whole is sum of its parts, bruh

Zemo is cute, so I forgive him.

>He has one of the Fear Itself hammers

Fear Itself confirmed to be happening after Infinity War?

Nope, they are pretty much all bad except for Red Skull.

I remember thinking he was suppose to be an evil version of Tony Stark. Like, he had his memories and motivations, but an evil android version of that.

Only to find out that he wasn't.

I loved him.
Ronan becomes a dope character in the comics, basically a cosmic Judge Dredd that really just wants his people to thrive and Gunn's dumbass went and killed him off.

Gotg2 villain is marvel goat ama just got back from midnight viewing

Fuck me, I for some reason misread that as Ultron. Fuck

Mads Madison felt like a huge waste

Ultron was probably the biggest case of wasted potential

I could barely stand Age of Ultron because literally every fucking character was trying to get their chance at a snarky Joss Whedon one liner

Disney did that twice in a row with the poor guy. Wasted him in Rogue One when he could've been the perfect Thrawn

>Mads' only TBA/Post-Production is Death Stranding
Is he going to be alright lads?

>MCU villain apologist
MCU is just trash with villains, can't make them too deep or else kids might get the wrong idea.

100% this.

Blonsky

They didn't give him any dilogue to work with and a bunch of his scenes were cut

Tho I'm not sure why, Doctor Strange feels incredibly short to me, might be cuz I saw it a few times.

Two face elf man right?

Evil Elf

>there people here that still think Michael Keaton is going to be good in spider man
You would think that after 10 movies people would realize we'll never get decent villain in the MCU.

The most brutal scene of the MCU is he bathing in the blood of the Xandarians

JAFFA!

creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

there is a certain satisfaction in going into a gun fight with a stick.. and your opponents get over-confident.. not realising it's a MAGIC STICK and you destroy their asses with it.

couldnt stop thinking of this guy

You're about to annihilate an ENTIRE planet some fuck starts dancing during your monologue. Your telling me you wouldn't be confused for a few seconds

At least he had a cool spaceship.

>Kree "moderates" "condemn" his actions
>don't do anything to stop him

HEY Sup Forums, MEME OFF! JUST YOU, ME AND MY DUBS, BABY!

Kat Dennings, right? Swear to god that film has more Dennings scenes than Thor

>DANCE OFF BRO

>I can't believe this comparison wasn't made more often.

Because he was clearly meant to be a space Nazi. They even did a swastika motif.

>Marvel had Christopher Eccleston playing a dark elf who wanted to destroy the entire universe
>managed to make him totally forgettable

He was literally just Zod with dark skin. Thor's fight with him caused less collateral damage to mankind than Supes v Zod though.

And that's saying something.

Marvel can't make a complex villain even if their life depended on it since it would make their audience think. Even if they did, it would just get ruined with quips. The best Marvel Villain so far is still Tony's uncle

Thanos is the main character in Infinity War.

>watchmen was shit

>Has a whole planet to descend upon
>Decides to land in the capital city where all their forces are concentrated and therefore the most heavily defended
Yeah he was stupid before the dancing.

Watchmen was the worst film I have seen in my entire life.

Commercial had to introduce 5 new toys to the kids. Didnt have time or need a complex or intelligent villain OR story, just lots of cool action shots and quips to sell things later.