Twilight Zone General

>Best Episode
>Best Season
>Worst Episode

Rewatching all episodes from the start, why are the later seasons so predictable/bad compared to the earlier ones? Is it a lack of ideas of because Rod Sterling died?

Other urls found in this thread:

nightflight.com/remembering-the-new-people-abcs-late-60s-attempt-at-a-lost-island-series/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've only ever been in the Tower of Terror in disney land that has something to do with the Twilight Zone
Is it worth watching?

He's Alive

that one about the gambler was shitty

its godtier if you have a thing for horror/scifi anthologies

Quite possibly the best television series of all time. Forget to mention, Time Enough at Last is the best episode. Eye of the Beholder is too predictable

Might get into it then. I'm running out of things to watch

Skip the 80's revival though, was mostly trash except for "I of Newton" which is awesome and totally worth it's eight minute runtime.

Walking Distance

A masterpiece

>why are the later seasons so predictable/bad compared to the earlier ones? Is it a lack of ideas of because Rod Sterling died?
Man you are retarded, Rod died 10 years after Twilight zone was finished airing, and most of the ideas for the show came from scifi books so the good ones were used up in the beginning

Rod Serling invented LOST for ABC-TV in 1969:

nightflight.com/remembering-the-new-people-abcs-late-60s-attempt-at-a-lost-island-series/

>every fucking YouTube comment for the clips from that episode likens Adolf Hitler to Donald Trump

Millenials were a mistake.

>Serling: “He brought me the idea and I wrote the pilot script. Beyond that, I have nothing to do with it. The show is somewhere between Gilligan’s Island and San Francisco State. It may work. But not with me.”
What did you mean by this? He didn't invent it. it was Aaron Spellings who did. nigga cant even read the article you linked

The Howling Man is my personal favorite, but there are too many good ones to name. The one about the man walking with his dog along the fenceline, and the one regarding Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge are also classic.

Serling was the original SJW, except he had talent - many of the episodes are preachy, but they're so fucking good you can forgive him for it.

The Howling Man is so good.
The episodes all usually have a nice little message but the way they do it didn't seem preachy to me.

>sjw
don't ever compare serling to the sjw numale faggots of today ever again.

Jesus was the original SJW

I thought the 80's version had a lot of good ones actually. Nightcrawlers springs to mind, and also that one about the spaceship that finds an extinct civilization that's star went supernova and was most likely the Star of Bethlehem. I think it was based on an old Asimov short story.

My favorite is the one about the guy about to get hanged then escapes but turns out he was just kinda reliving his life in the last moments or something.

I have them all in a box set on vhs, I remember Rod introducing the segment and it was actually a short French film that was sent in or something. Been awhile so hard to remember, but it was beautifully shot.

Wrong thread, friend.

This. Dude saw actual combat and tested experimental flight equipment for a living. Shit, just his Wikipedia page is an exciting read.

Why? The show is outstanding and Serling's intros and conclusions are outstanding, but he was just as obsessed with race and class as SJWs today. It's OK - no shots fired, I love the show and think Serling was a genius at the tee-vee thing.

FRANKLIN

Walking Distance is the best.
But goddamn Mr. Denton On Doomsday is a good runner up.

Im on the third episode. Been watching lots Xfiles so I thought I'd give this a shot. I've seen few episodes before and liked them.
Is Alfred Hitchcook presents or the outer limits any good?

if you had to show someone one episode of the Twilight Zone to hook them in, what would it be?

yes both good, rods other show Night Gallery has some good episodes as well

To Serve Man.

By later seasons i mean 10 & 11 with forest Whitaker

low key best episode

Bump

I honestly look forward to SciFi's Twilight Zone marathons whenever they come.

Twilight Zone is overrated

3/4 of the episodes are fuccin trash

Its just that the remaining 1/4 are god tier its so highly regarded

anyway
Best Episode: 5 Characters in Search of an Exit

Worst: There was one episode about a car salesman who was forced to tell the truth all the time, it was so bad its the only one I never finished

>mfw watching the howling man

Kind of shit story, but the cinematography makes it look like an arthouse film.

Either Two or Stopover in a Quiet Man

Eye of the Beholder.

faggot