Why does Japanese food have so few calories? An entire restaurant meal like this one only has 638 calories...

Why does Japanese food have so few calories? An entire restaurant meal like this one only has 638 calories. That's not enough to get big and strong and muscular.

Other urls found in this thread:

dennys.jp/menu/various/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>be american
>get shot

I like jap food but I need to spend about 30 euros to have my stomach satisfied when I go to jap restaurant.

I buy 9$ ramen and it's incredibly filling and I live in New York
30 Euros???????

638 calories is a lot for a meal. A 6'0", 190lb man only needs like 2100 in an entire day, so that food is more than enough if you factor in calories from stuff like juice and soda.

Japanese food in the US is usually something like 1 piece of sushi with rice for $3.50. You have to spend a lot for a filling meal.

I talk about sashimi, sushi and maki. I love that.
Salmon sashimi 12 pieces is about 14 euros already, add maki and sushi and the bill is about 30

>Be australian

Anyone got any good japanese food recipes?
>juice and soda
No wonder we're all fat

The Japs didn't eat meat until the late 19th century. It was illegal to eat meat (i.e. beef, pork, chicken, etc) in Japan due to Buddhist laws, so most Japs only ate fish. Most famous Japanese dishes are recent creations or copied from other countries.

> It was illegal to eat meat
It’s not strict though. They sometimes eat meat to gain stamina. They didn’t eat meat on a daily basis because domestic animals were precious resources for labour.

Well yeah, it's no secret that juice/soda is the main culprit in obesity. People think "oh it's juice, it must be healthy", and they down 3 or 4 bottles of the stuff at 200 calories each.

In America, it is traditional for restaurant meals to have between 2,000 and 3,000 calories. People prefer big portions.

Peasant food are almost universally more calorie dense. What you posted looks like wussy hotel type food infected with French """"""cuisine"""""".

Fuck jap food the worst garbage in this world

>rice, miso, slice of fish, some eggplant

are you stupid? That pic ain't fucking fancy schmancy hotel food. I understand that you Malaysian ooga boogas usually eat dirt for breakfast and wash it down with your tears, so you're probably not familiar with food from around the world.

Rice is calorie dense; that meal in particular just happens to have fuck all overall volume of food involved.

idk

>It was illegal to eat meat (i.e. beef, pork, chicken, etc) in Japan due to Buddhist laws
dont lie dumb american dog.

I don't like to see fat girls.

>be american
>be fat

>An entire restaurant meal like this one only has 638 calories.
That's plenty enough for a meal.

The only places that will serve you more are truck stops

>boiled eggplant
Fucking disgusting.

this looks very good tbqh

>1300yen
They clearly have no shame

>restaurant meals to have between 2,000 and 3,000 calories

for the love of god, tell me you are joking

Yeah Sushi in the west is a fucking scam

Even more usually. Chinese takeout places will literally put sugar into the meals like general tso's or orange chicken. It's like 3000 calories just for one serving + 1000 calories for the fried rice and + 300 calories for the soda.

>it's Denny's
others have higher calories though
dennys.jp/menu/various/