ESPN's Michael Smith leaves 'SportsCenter'

ESPN's makeover of the 6 p.m. "SportsCenter" was already as good as dead. Friday will be its funeral.
Michael Smith will anchor his final broadcast on Friday, according to the network. His departure comes less than two months after his former co-anchor, Jemele Hill, left the program.
"Michael is a talented commentator and we greatly appreciate and value his contributions and creativity," Norby Williamson, ESPN's executive vice president and the executive editor of studio production, said in a statement. "We are in the process of discussing with him potential next ESPN assignments."
Smith and Hill were tapped 13 months ago for a much-ballyhooed rebranding of the early evening edition of ESPN's flagship show.
The new version, dubbed "SC6," was a significant departure from the relatively straightforward mix of sports news and highlights that defined "SportsCenter" for decades.
Smith and Hill were better known for the opinionated banter and commentary that shaped their discussion show on ESPN2, "His & Hers." They became the first black regular co-anchors of "SportsCenter" since it debuted in 1979.

and nothing of value was lost

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS THIS IS JUST BECAUSE CORD CUTTERS

I thought they have been off air for months?

Good. Force ESPN to hire 50k/yr nobodies who just read highlights off a teleprompter. I want a summary of the day's sports and that's it. Everyone does, yet for some reason Disney chooses to do TMZ Sports

>yet for some reason

>two talentless low IQ affirmative action posterboys

That was Jemele Hill who left SC a little while ago

Sup Forums WINS AGAIN
CLAP ON THE BACK FOR EVERYONE WHO SHITPOSTED JAMAL AND MICHELLE OFF THE AIR!

Just heard this. Should have happened sooner even though I don't watch ESPN

ESPN is super Jewish. They were barely making six figures as it is. What kind of noobs can they stick in there considering they're required by SJW law to have minimum 1 female and 1 black in the next revamp? The show is dead.

They'll probably try to bring people back with Keith Olbermann and Linda Cohn

>Sup Forums did this
I think we can more chalk this up to, "Y'all were being racist to Jemele and I'm not standing for it."

Good for him. R.I.P. ESPN

>Sports Center: Nigger Edition failed
Disney kikes must be absolutely seething over how much money they are losing on ESPN. They're lucky they have marvel to bank on

white racism ruins everything again

>any non-white is new at the job and incompetent
What kind of sites do you read, user, I thought Sup Forums ops had taken down the KKK net presence.

>They pandered to the "urban" population (Nike wanted to sell shoes)
>That drives away their traditional viewers (who actually pay the $10 a month for ESPN)

That's true. I forget it almost costs the same as netflix. No wonder it's been so profitable for so long

Sup Forums was inducted into the Klan last Thursday.

>ooga booga colin kaepernick
>someone threw a perfect game? here are some 4 month old NBA highlights
>ooga booga intersectionality

and nothing of value was lost

>get promoted to the flagship show because of "reasons"
>given free reign to do whatever they want
>imminently start talking about social media and white privilege and ignore actual sports news
>ratings crash
>Execs tell them to take it down a few notches and actually talk about sports a little bit
>"I'M BEING STIFLED"
>quits because ESPN isn't 'woke' enough
>ratings imminently increase

Fuck them. They quit a job that anyone at ESPN would love to have because they were told to stop shitting on their audience and talk about news on their news show.

Michael Smith is alright. Jemele Hill is a walking testament to affirmative action.

>imminently start talking about social media and white privilege and ignore actual sports news
She had been doing that for literally years before she got the spot on SC

I’m white. Why would I watch two people who legit hate me? They make everything about race & how evil white people are fuck them and fuck espn

I'm enjoying ESPN's public suicide

no

I love the new ESPN president already.

the only explanation I've heard that makes sense is the hot take that guy who runs Disney (Rob Iger) is a big time democrat and wants to make the network go full-blown MSNBC liberal so he can a. curry favor within the party leadership and b. shift narratives and employ leftist propaganda.

even my liberal friends admit hill and smith were complete garbage, so from a purely fiscal/business standpoint it made zero fucking sense to give them the show. the ESPN heads might be merely out-of-touch and incompetent, but I think the actual case is there is some ulterior and political motive at play

lmao BLM on suicide watch. press S to spit on grave.

i deal with a lot of ad agencies/pr firms in chicago and the typical explanation is 'networks/brands want more diversity because it sells'. to these companies, diversity is putting non-white faces on the air as much as possible. left leaning politics go hand in hand, because most people of color are anything but republican for obvious reasons.
the issue is, MOST of america is still not ready for this shit. sports fans in particular (besides NBA fans) are mostly middle aged white guys.

ESPN doesn't really care about the politics, they were just trying a new strategy and it didn't work. their viewership numbers dropped and therefore the ad revenue was threatened. they'll switch their politics on a dime if there's money on the line.

>yet for some reason Disney chooses to do TMZ Sports
nigga the only people who watch sports center regularly anymore are niggas
it's called marketing