/nba/ general - *"God's Plan" starts playing* edition

TOR:Raptors snap Rockets' 17-game win streak
SAC:Free Mason: Frank starting against Orlando
ATL:Taurean Prince benched for second half
DEN:Will Barton starting on Friday night
ORL:Mario Hezonja and Jonathan Isaac starting
GSW:Quinn Cook will start for Steph Curry (ankle)
POR:Moe Harkless (knee) will play Friday vs. GSW
ORL:D.J. Augustin (ankle) will play vs. the Kings
MEM:Jarell Martin (knee) is available Friday
DEN:Wilson Chandler (right hip) out Friday
NOP:Anthony Davis (ankle) ruled out vs. Wizards
NOP:Nikola Mirotic starting for Anthony Davis
DEN:Wilson Chandler (hip) questionable vs. LAL

>Cockets

god's plan bros

miami heat

Y'all got lucky

GOD DREAM
GOD'S PLAN

jokic is a flopping faggot.

>no delon
>no OG
>still sweep
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

REBOST

>harden gets to play with chris paul and clint capella and eric gordon
>derozan plays with lowry who is worse than paul, and a bunch of 15 year old rotation players
>still have a similar record
>harden is runaway mvp and derozan isnt even in the conversation

can anyone explain this nonsense?

well sorry a rookie has no influence on the game, og or whatever his name is pretty shit anyway looking at his stats even on a rookie contract he's bad value

also reminder we were missing anderson, if we had him, this game would have been over by half time

is that migos?

lillard bout to go 6-26 for the game. just watch it

>called clutch city
more like choke city amirite

>>sweep
it was a win
jesus, cool it

>this meme
You're only the northernmost team for like 3-4 more years, enjoy it, snowback.

when og was guarding that scrubby big bearded faggot he shot 8-25 with 9 TO

>rocketsfags making fan fiction in their head on what would happen if they were healthy

yes because Anderson is a "good value" contract right? u bum

lmao

oh I am laffing

Our two best defenders were out. Harden was allowed to get to the paint at any moment and they STILL lost.

rapties are fucking garbage, cant wait till their inevitable post season choke

Raptors are not contenders

is there a t shirt version of that jersey?
I usually dont wear graphic tees but that is aesthetic as fuck

Did you see that sweet dunk by the 2017-2018 Rookie Of The Year there? Really lit the game up. Quickest Rookie to 150 3 pointers made as well, 150 more than some other 'Rookie' I can name. Haha, just having a bit of banter.

I think I've discovered my first Samefag

Y you mad af cucklet? You shouldn't be this mad

for an Australian, your banter really blows

>says the rockets fan

ahahahahahahahahah

>2-11
>10 points
>6 TOV
>fouled out
>-28
>in an elimination game

>cool it
who let r/nba in here

>Raptors are not contenders

>not supporting your hometown hero
wtf is wrong with australians?

the best team in the East is definitely a contender

>only 12 points
its like he hates winning RotY

>East

i want her to shit in my mouth

i mean the raptors, cavs and celtics are all way better than the rockets

the only real contender in the west is GSW

>i mean the raptors, cavs and celtics are all way better than the rockets

is someone paying you to post the most incorrect things that you can think of

one has better stats than the other and a better record in a tougher conference

>i mean the raptors, cavs and celtics are all way better than the rockets

>the cavs

Haha, it really says something when 12 points from the 2017-2018 Rookie Of The Year is a bad game for him. Just further solidifies his goodness for me to be quite honest.

>the cavs

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP I CAN'T WAKE UP FROM THIS GOD DREAM GIVEN TO ME BY GOD'S PLAN STRAIGHT FROM THE 6GOD

Not to mention that my young friend Donovan Mitchell is the leading scorer on a playoff team. Shows how good he actually is.

shows how good of a coach Quin Snyder is

if Donovan Mitchell wins RotY, Quin Snyder won him that award

most underrated coach in the league

>god's plan vs the god dream
What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

I've met Campy Russel at Barrio in Cleveland Heights

What basketball players have you met /nba/?

he also has much better teammates

Raptors vs OKC finals was predicted by memes. How ironing.

it was so fucking close to happening. what a shame

Harden is playing way better. Specifically based off the fact that Harden takes more shots, and still shoots way more efficiently than DeRozan does. And also gets like twice as many assists. And it's not like DeRozan is a great defender or anything.

So, yeah, again, Harden = way better than DeRozan. Obviously.

MVP isn't just based on your team's record

im not saying harden isnt the mvp. he is the mvp. im saying the fact that derozan isnt even in the discussion is insane.

harden is a loser
derozan is a winner
god's plan.

>24
dekobe darbean debryant

Whose a worse playoff performer, harden or derozan? They’re both pretty terrible in that regard.

>the celtics

The logic is perfect. Warriors have the best perimeter play in the NBA but a massive hole in interior D.

Great big men are more rare than wing players, having 1 great big is better than having one of the best guards or forwards, and AD is on another level. AD would much better exploit the Warriors than Harden. One of the biggest reasons Draymond finds the Pelicans more impressive than the Shitston Cockshits. More defensive wings than defensive centers in the higher strata of the NBA

DeRozan is better, doesn't depend on FTs for near half his offense, actually makes tough shots, has become a great 3pt shooter on low attempts

Wait who won mvp last year?

Harden burns out so bad he has historic collapses.
DeRozan is slow creeping death you can't get excited about, just pure depression no joke intended

>tfw not getting the 4th seed

is it time to blow it up?

Most people don't realize that most of the raptors team has played more time in the g league than nba

he's like a 4th-tier candidate. Like, I would say that he's a step below guys like Anthony Davis and Damian Lillard, and those are the 2nd or 3rd tier MVP discussion guys already

I mean, like. DeRozan is really good and cool! I'm not trying to insult him. I also don't think he's one of the 5 best guards in the league this season. You can be really, really good and not in the MVP discussion.

Not Harden lmao

Westgod went blanco mode to end the season Dragon Ball style

Bron's beard is disgusting

It's fucking over bro. I've given up on the 4th seed. We need some sort of historic run to get it now....

Dame is like Westbrook but actually good.

post your beard

The god conundrum

>fan is literally allowed to stand an inch behind an inbounder talking into his ear in the last 5 seconds of a 3 point game
>this is allowed in the NBA, no fines levied to the team, referees don't even try to stop it.

is this true? this league is a joke

Get fucked

yeah, it's allowed, bc it's fucking awesome

Except the passing ability, seriously, every time I watch Lillard play he looks less and less like a PG, he's even more of a undersized SG at this point than Curry, Draymond is that teams PG.

>mfw we end up with home court advantage

Jazzies Rapties final incoming

GET FUCKED DENVER

FUCK YEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Worry about being down 20 pts in the first half cocklet

curry is a point guard

ignorant

How is it awesome that a fan can actively involve himself in the play of a professional sporting event and not even be attempted to be stopped from doing it, you aspie

Dame wishes
Don't even Canada.

You thought I was shook. You thought I was injured. You thought I was done.

You were wrong. I went down the pipe, /nba/. That's right. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Koopa ships on fire off the parapets of Bowser's Castle. I watched Super Stars glitter in the dark near the Thousand-Year Door. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Mario's my bitch now. And the NBA Finals are next.

Wall out.

He's not touching or interfering with anything. It's like if you had 5th row seats and yell out shit the entire time except someone is literally doing it front row. You're a fucking dumbass. You want the entire arena to be a silent hugbox or something?

no dame is better than westcrook

fuck you denver lol mile high shitty

>comparing people in the stands yelling things to a person standing literally inches behind a player talking into his ear on an inbounds pass

its too late, only hinksjinx has the cure for the shookening and he was lost in the god dream many moons ago...

>a fan

I think you meant internationally famous entertainer. Or did you mean Raptors ambassador?

Lakers are impressive desu, I thought this would be a blowout already considering how much LA runs and its in Denver

your team drafts grayson allen

how mad are you?

Why is Draymond leading in assists? Why does Curry hardly handle the ball in half court sets anymore? Why are all their motion offense plays handled by Draymond while Klay and Curry run off ball and KD sets screens and slips out for catch and shoots?

Don't ever talk ball with me again scrub

Harden has been arguably robbed mvp 2 years in a row. Curry shouldn't have won in '16, and Westbrook flat out didn't deserve it last year with his 7th seed thunder.

Defrozen hasn't done the same amount of work that Harden has the last 3 years.

This year
Harden :
30.9ppg 8.9 assists 5.2 trb with a 44.8/38/86.5 shooting split with a PER of 30.2 and Win shares of 12.5

Defrozen
24ppg 5.2 assists 3.9 trb with a 46.5/32/83 with a PER of 22.3 & WS 8.6

Defrozen is a fringe mvp candidate at best

nobody respect a man who eat dog treats

>Lakers are impressive desu

thanks bro, we'll be more impressive next season. The Denver 'bigs' can't handle Julius, it's the only reason we're winning atm, that and Denver turning it over.

>curry shouldn't have won his unanimous mvp

brilliant

Laker chants in the Denver home

I noticed that too. They've been running less pick and roll, more motion sets.

Dame still handles well but scores off ball more.

Lakers chants everywhere they go. I feel kinda bad for the other teams lol

true

>arguably
Uhh... but there's no argument.

Get Door stopper peepee out your mouth peasant.

You mean in '15. Curry definitely deserved it in '16. I actually think LeBron deserved it in '15 though. But definitely Harden over Curry.

Im like Derozan
If i shoot it
It goes in

>Harden has been arguably robbed mvp 2 years in a row. Curry shouldn't have won in '16

spicy

>people actually think Harden deserves MVP

>A player that can literally only do 3 things good, including flopping/drawing fouls