Why did Vader physically strangle Antilles in this scene? Why didn't he just force choke him?

Why did Vader physically strangle Antilles in this scene? Why didn't he just force choke him?

He didn't have enough midichlorians. He used them all a few minutes earlier giving himself a force handjob.

hehehe

To make the Force choke in the Death Star conference room more surprising.

kill yourself

He wanted more finesse than was given to him in force choking, as that complete cuts off the oxygen supply, while grabbing him by the neck gives him more leeway. Also, how the fuck is he supposed to talk if he's being choked?

His genitals were burnt off 20 years before this dumbass. Unless a force handjob is some kind of spiritual thing.

he'd just wrecked all those guys at the end of rogue squadron. he must have been all forced out.

>Be a cyborg
>Sup Forums won't let you use your machine strength to torture rebels

lucas literally didn't know that he wanted to make the force a thing.

He fucking just made it up as he went along which is why vader begins choking people remotely midway through the fucking movie

jesus fucking christ. you can't retcon pure shit

Really? Considering how many major rewrites Star Wars went through, do you really think he hadn't developed the concept of the force by the time he wrote this scene?

well, yeah. The force throughout the first movie is a mystical thing with unclear uses. Sometimes it's telekinesis, other times it's destiny and when Luke blows up the death star it's more like zen concentration.
Only later did it become a list of martial arts techniques, where Force Choke is a different thing from Force Push despite them both fundamentally being the same application of force at a distance.

He was out of mana

And? I haven't read every single draft of Star Wars before the final one, but I would be surprised if every single one of them didn't have an instance of the Force that wouldn't at least suggest it could be used to choke somebody. Also, even if that were the case, it's not as if the entire first scene was written, then the Death Star board meeting, and that first scene was never touched again.

I already gave a totally adequate reason earlier in the thread, which was that Vader was interrogating him, which wouldn't have been possible if he was closing off his windpipe.

Vader had been working his forearms at the gym really hard and wanted to show off.

Vader choking that cunty guy in the meeting was supposed to be the reveal that this Force thing isn't just some spiritual horseshit.

That's not wedge, and because he could.

I CAN piss in the sink, but sometimes I like to piss in the toilet.

It's a sexual thing

>movie scenes are filmed sequentially.

Because from a storytelling perspective it would've been clunky to show the force that early. Obviously now we all know what the force can do but imagine you're seeing the movie for the first time, it would've been jarring to see that in the first scene. Much more interesting to build mystique around the force

Sometimes you just have to get hands on, you know?