THE GODFATHER SUCKS

>regarded as one of the best movies of all time
>complete and total fucking dogshit

Why does anyone like this movie? Marlon Brando hams his his fucking shit up, it's boring as fuck, and it takes forever to get to the point. Plus it makes being a mobster look really sophisticated, when it's really not.

This movie is fucking trash.

it's a meme. coppola never made a good a movie

The more I watch it the more I realize it's not as great as people say it's just most people don't know shit about film and they look at the Godfather like it's some masterpiss it isn't.

>it's a meme.

Has to be. There's no way anyone sat down watched this and thought

>"Gee whiz, this movie is fucking great!"

Shit-tier movie.

>coppola never made a good a movie
Holy fuck that was a subtle user

Lost in Translation was good

his movies are dull as shit and his modern output is film student-tier
yeah, his daughter is a better filmmaker than he ever was

GOD I HATE YOU ALL

Batman v Superman is kino

amirite reddit

definitive proof that this board is desperately underage

This

wtf i hate The Godfather now

I know these threads are just (You) grabbing attention whore bait posts, but damn do they make my kinoblood boil

>taking this thread seriously
no john, you are the underage

There you have the power of middlebrow insecurity, combined with simple bloodlust.

No, it's an indication of the board's relative maturity.

No peon, Coppola is not kino. Neither father nor daughter.

Here's the thing senpai, only children would think it's funny to get replies by pretending that they think a movie is terrible. Like they know they're just shitposting but it's a fucking circlejerk of kids saying dumb shit to laugh at themselves.

No, The Godfather is actually for middlebrow people who jerk off to violence they'd never have the courage to face let alone enact. If you watch Bertolucci's The Conformist instead you'll save an hour and a quarter and not be watching a commercial for the nobility of the Mafia.

It's most certainly not dogshit. I think part ii is better though, and part i takes all the credit.

This movie is famous for being good, like the Kardashians of movies. I never see it discussed or referenced anywhere, because no one actually likes it. It's not even a good mafia movie, that's Goodfellas.

Palo Alto was good

I don't like it either. I don't care about the world or characters and have never finished the movie

it insists upon itself

bertolucci is trash
>muh politics
fuck off

They're both a bit shit.

Bingo.

Waste of a good title.

This is it, it only works if on some level you envy or want to be Don Corleone. It's amazing to think that in 1972 people were naive enough to come away from a movie where everyone who hates the Mafia is a cartoon scumbag worse than they are, and think "this is a new benchmark in moral seriousness", but they were. Thankfully, we've moved on.

You're saying
>muh politics
- when Coppola's whole excuse for The Godfather is "mumble mumble American dream"? Bitch please.

fancying yourself as a film connoisseur because you're in first year at college doesn't make you relatively mature

If you don't think The Godfather is the greatest movie ever made then you're just stupid.

>people posting serious replies

cmon Sup Forums, you're better than this

Honestly prefer capekino.

triggered imdb "film buffs" detected. watch more movies please

I'm a film critic, I do this to let off steam. The Godfather is ass.

Or older than 15.

It presented the mafia world in depth, with insider knowledge. so it got the world-presenting novelty.

Also the transformation of Michael Corleone and his father ascent to power in the 2 are weel told and compelling.

yeah man citizen cane was total shit too
i dont get the whole "GREAT MOVIES" meme

>weel

Nee, eet ees een cat's eenus, ceekseeker.

Citizen Kane is a great film. The Godfather genuinely isn't.

It was praised for far more stupid reasons than that, but they scarcely matter, at this point it's admired because it used to be admired, and because American males mostly have the mentality of adolescents.

>Has to be. There's no way anyone sat down watched this and thought "Gee whiz, this movie is fucking great!"

Except everyone does think that, including me. Not our fault Sup Forums has objectively shit taste in movies.

>implying reddit likes the movie

Go back and stay go >>>r/eddit

Well congratulations, OP. You've learned something today, you've learned that people have different opinions from you. You've also learnt that life isn't fair.

You have a point, it's insistent.

>everyone

No.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. On that basis, whether Sup Forums's reasons are silly or sound, they're right about The Godfather. They're right even if it's for the wrong reasons.

Klimaatverandering zal voor u zorgen

Francis Ford Copolla has the most "women will never understand" films in his filmography than any other director.
Godfather, The Conversation, Apocalypse Now all focus on concepts like isolation, brotherhood, honor, leadership etc, and all of those concepts are completely alien to women (especially isolation)

So OP I have to conclude that you indeed have a vagina.

That'll be the day.

If you think The Godfather and Apocalypse Now reflect any real understanding of those concepts, you need to watch some films by Clint Eastwood. Gangsters talk a lot about honor and respect, but they mean criminal conspiracy and the rule of fear.

I'll admit that The Conversation is not terrible if you want a version of Blow Up with more obvious characterization and a commercial ending.

>The Conversation
>"commercial ending"

??????

Blow Up has just a similar premise but entirely different execution, where in The Conversation paranoia is one of the biggest themes in the narrative.

>implying reddit doesnt love the movie
Remeber when they had a prayer circle for BvS to get a higher score on RT

I just got back from watching The Godfather in the theater.

You're wrong and retarded OP, stop being such a pleb.

Where the fuck is this

Melbourne, Australia.

It insists upon itself

The part where Michael shoots the two guys in the cafe is amazing, but the entire rest of the film is a boring drag.

Eh?

The scene with the baptism and the mafia guys getting fucked up by the Corleone family is probably the best scene in the film.

>The Godfather sucks!
>2001 is boring
EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WEEK

FOR YEARS

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU STUPID FAGGOT REDDITORS

You know what you can do, user?

Ignore it. Sup Forums and most of its posters have very little bearing or purpose in reality.

>state of these redditors who think its clever to say Godfather is shit
back you go

Blasphemy

In all honesty

Godfather Part II is better than the original, and Part III is not that bad as it was memed upon the years (Except Sophia Coppola bits, jesus christ... Her role was supposed to be for Wynona but the bitch left 1 day before shooting starts and Coppola took the first thin he saw, his daughter).