Imagine people arguing that John Stockton was better than Jordan because he made some easy assists...

Imagine people arguing that John Stockton was better than Jordan because he made some easy assists, the madness! that's how the Messi vs Ronaldo debates look like. At the end of the day, scoring is the most important thing in most sports.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F8X_Lve0Bfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The closest thing to this retarded basketball analogy would be LeBron as Messi and Kobe as Ronaldo. LeBron is an absolute monster and a freak in the game much like Messi and can carry teams to the finals while Kobe was a bricklaying ballhogger who took a shit load of shots to get his stats, much like Ronaldo. Now go dive along the unemployment line, you filthy Paco.

>carrying teams to the finals to lose them
yep, that sounds an awful lot like Missi

imagine a board where people made 15 threads about this tired debate, EVERY FUCKING DAY

there's no debate tho, ronaldo is better

KEK

>seething this hard

messi has played on godlike teams though.
it would be appropriate if lebron had shaq in his team and kobe had larry hughes, with the same titles they actually won. that's why ronaldo is a beast though.

Pretty sure Ronaldo won more

You are aware that Messi has a higher scoring rate?

JOKES ON YOU, THAT'S NOT TRUE IN THE MONTH OF MARCH

Real have had a better squad than Barca since 2012. Best squad in the world.

Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Suarez & Neymar will go down as better players than Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Benzemá & Bale

Neymar is an individual talent

>Barcelona paid 1bn for players since 2010, team full of world cup winners, won treble in 2015
>Real paid half of that, there were no decent transfers ever since Bale, shit bench
>Real have had a better squad than Barca since 2012
Sandeep pls

so is Bale

Also forgot Alves vs Carvajal, Piqué vs Ramos, Puyol/Umtits vs Pepe/Varane, Stegen vs Navas... practically the only player from Madrid that will be remembered as better will be Marcelo, and Alba is no slouch either (even if he's the biggest cunt in world football)

Also let's not compare Argentina vs Portugal

Lol retard. James Kroos Modric Bale Isco Kovacic all better than whatever Barca had before this season.
Aging Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Rakitic(kek), Gomes. Barca have had a hugely mismanaged squad since Guardiola left

Iniesta is just one year older than Modric, but one is "aging" while the other is in its prime?????? why don't you stick to cricket, you poos are more clueless than leafs

Also loving how you start including subs lel

go back to bolivia

Again, it's about the options. And Iniesta's minutes on pitch in his peak years is much higher than Modric.
I know halalfags like to live in their fantasy land of Kristina dragging a bunch of scrubs against the baddies from Barca but fact is that their squad has a higher quality and much more options on the bench. Messi has played 2-3 seasons with Pedro and Alexis as his support attackers ffs. Have some shame.

There’s no debate here. Messi is the greatest footballer of all time. His natural ability is freakishly good. He has scored numerous goals that Ronaldo could not even dream of. Messi is a natural, Ronaldo is a product of intense training.

Just imagine if Messi cared as much as Ronaldo does. I’m not saying Messi doesn’t care at all, I’m saying imagine if he was as driven to score goals at the rate Ronaldo is. He’d score about 100 goals a year.

Having said that, Ronaldo is brilliant. Easily a top 10 footballer of all time. Maybe even top 5. Owing to his amazing leap I’d say he’s the best at heading in history, too.

It's not even about caring. Kristina has the luxury of camping in the box waiting for service without much responsibility of moving the ball.

It's the proxy autist, hopefully he will die soon.

Ronaldo can't be the GOAT because he isn't versatile enough. If he truly wants to be considered the best, he needs to win this years CL while playing as a sweeper; something Messi has achieved multiple times

>Messi is the greatest footballer of all time
THEN WHY IS HE DOING NOTHING WITH ARGENTINA (A STACKED TEAM) SINCE LITERALLY 2006 LMAO

Maybe true these days, but at United he covered a lot of ground. On that note, true patricians and purists should see his United years as his peak. He was amazing to watch back then.

>And Iniesta's minutes on pitch in his peak years is much higher than Modric.
Modric has been constantly in the top 5 of minutes played every season, while Luis Enrique rested Iniesta a lot of games
>that their squad has a higher quality
already debunked
>much more options on the bench
only for one year (the past season). This season they have the mighty Ceballos or Lucas Vazquez
>has played 2-3 seasons with Pedro and Alexis as his support attackers ff
PEDro is better than what Benzemá has been for several seasons and was a good fit for the tiki-taka years. Alexis was widely considered a top 3 player in the PL until Barçafags pretend that he's shit

you're fucking clueless, stick to cricket
>He has scored numerous goals that Ronaldo could not even dream of.
A goal is a goal. Next you're gonna argue that Curry is better than Jordan because he scores tougher baskets
>Ronaldo is a product of intense training.
is that supposed to be bad?

>Messi is a natural, Ronaldo is a product of intense training
Bullshit

>much national team
CL knockouts are more difficult to win than the World Cup these days anyway. Higher concentration of world class players.

it's a moot point since Ronaldo is the best CL player of all time anyways

Curry's buckets are better for the team because they space the floor though; that's a bad comparison

>CL knockouts are more difficult to win than the World Cup
THEN WHY CAN'T HE WIN THAT EASY-ASS WORLD CUP

Messi scored THAT goal vs Getafe aged 19. If that’s not natural ability I don’t know what is.

>vs Getafe
Here's your explanation.

He’s up there, but his performances in finals haven’t been great in all honesty.

>2008
Good goal but disappeared afterwards and missed in the shootout
>2014
Dreadful game, probably the worst I’ve seen him in an important match. Scored a meaningless penalty to make it 4-1 once Atletico had given up and of course rips his shirt off. Di Maria and Bale won that final
>2016
Absolute dogshit again but scored the winning penalty in the shootout so all is forgiven and he gets a chance to rip his shirt off
>2017
Legitimately a very good performance.

Patchy at best. Messi has been god tier in his CL finals.

>CL knockouts are more difficult to win than the World Cup these days anyway. Higher concentration of world class players.
it's settled then.

thread is over.

Debunked because you say so fuckin spic? Iniesta and Xavi played non stop football without any significant rest between 2008-13. Modric's minutes started increasing with Ancelotti.
And Pedro>Benzema? Kek. Benzema did his job well before this season. And he'll be replaced by another superstar in summer. Real keep improving their squad(which has been the best since Ancelotti atleast) every year.
Barcelona have bought some much needed reinforcements this year though. And that happened after a campaign to oust their president from the fans.

>Also let's not compare Argentina vs Portugal
Portugal has an unironically better NT than Argentina right now

Yeah. Argentina midfield is absolute poverty. Portugal's defense is better as well though this might be a bit more arguable.

>2006: 90mins in last16, not even on the bench for the remaining knockouts
>2009: most stacked Barcelona team with best spanish generation + Henry and Etoo
>2011: most stacked Bacelona team with best spanish generation
>2015: carried by Suarez and Neymar
>Messi has been god tier in his CL finals.
yea, no. Ronaldo won 4 champions leagues as top scorer, Messi is inconsistent as fuck can't touch this.

>Argentina's options for CF: Aguero, Icardi, Higuain
>Portugal options for CF: Eder, Nelson Oliveira
you dumb fuck

>as opposed to ronaldo

>20 in 18.
For fucks sake

Messi won 3 champions leagues as the top scorer, wow, Messi is finished

>Andre Silva, Eder, Nelson Oliveira
FTFY

He's a wasteful fuck, he needs a shitload more of chances to score at the rate Messi does, and barely creates anything

That's not the same at all. Messi frequently outscores Ronaldo, I don't think Stockton came anywhere close to Jordan's scoring numbers.

Andre Silva will start lmao. He's decent. You're such a loser it's unbelievable. Keep shitting this board up retard.

>Ronaldo has more goals
>Ronaldo has more minutes played
Maybe goals correlate with wins which correlate with games played in knockout tournaments! Messi should try winning more if he wants more minutes.

No they aren't. In the CL you get a second chance if you fuck up, in the WC if you don't perform to the best of your abilities you get sent packing and have to wait another 4 years for your next chance.

I honestly don't understand how there's even a comparison, look at Ronaldo's meme goals, the man is a statwhore.

Ronaldo wouldn't have the same stats if Messi wasn't around to push him higher and higher, so actually all balloon doors Ronaldo has one should be credited to Messi as well

Argentina is/was top5 favorite to win the wc in 2010, 2014, 2018.
absolutely nobody thinks Portugal has a shot.

in 2015 had more minutes than Ronaldo and Neymar.
also he choked since Xavi left, absolute shit against Atletico and Juventus in 2016 and 2017.
>4 goals in 2017-2018
lol

Andre Silva, Eder, Nelson Oliveira market value: 25+4+5 = 30m
Higuain, Icardi, Aguero market value: 65+75+65 = 205m
I know transfer values are not that important but you must be a special kind of shithead if you ignore a x7 difference.
that's like saying Swansea is as stacked as Manchester City.

*rushes the ball back to the kickoff when leading 4-1 against APOEL*
*scores penalty when leading 3-1 and celebrates like he scored game tying goal*

pshh.. nothing personnel kid..

one = won

>it's so easy anyone could do it

>+henry and etoo

they were both shit for barcelona under guardiola

pretty sure no one cares as much about statpadding as Ronaldo does. He evidently needs something to fill his insecurity gap.

36 goals for Eto'o and 26 for Henry, yeah what shit players.

absolutely nobody with any football knowledge would give argentina a chance to win anything. they play horrendously and the only reason they achieve any results is because of messi. take him out of the squad and you have a bunch of talented attacking players without a midfield and with an average defense and GK

messi plays even more of a midfield role for argentina than for barcelona, that's how bad things are.

Well this shit would matter if I said that Portugal's attack was better. Learn to read faggot. And get a life.

he got rid of them dude. pedro and villa got did better under pep's system 09/10 was the first season you saw actual tiki-taka, not the garbage peddled by rijakaard before that that people for some reason called tiki-taka.

>CL knockouts are more difficult to win than the World Cup
Well, then why can't he win one?

He was unplayable in 2011 and created all 3 goals in 2015.

>2009 scores a header, the only thing that ronaldo is objectively better at against ronaldo in a CL final

this will never not be orgasmic. so embarrasssing for the dickriders

etoo scored 36 goals the season he played under Pep, which was his second best scoring season ever.

who thought that Messishiters lied to make their cases
>he got rid of them dude
yeah because Eto'o is an alpha male like Ibra and Pep can't deal with these types of players. Nothing to do with actual footballing ability

Argentina were favorites in 2006. 2010 they had an okayish squad but shat the bed by appointing an absolute retard as coach. Their team has generally worsened since then.

Lads,

I think that one of the two is greater player than the other. But before I say which one, let me say something.

We've all seen them both play numerous times over the last 10-15 years. So we all can form an opinion of our own based on what we've actually seen combined with statistics and what not.
Both have a lot of fans and I want you to try to be as neutral as you can when evaluating these two.

Before I say who I think is the greater player, I'm going to say this, and I'm trying to be as general as I can:

The player I think is the greater of the two is, for the past 10 or so years, the far better player of the two. And it isn't even close. I think he's in a class of his own and the other player is a class or two below. I actually think that this player is the greatest I've ever seen.

Now most of you figured who I'm thinking about.

Why? Because advocates of that player often think the same way. On the other side, advocates of the other rarely think there's a big gap between the two, more often describing them as very close but one slightly better of the two.

And that, for me, is evidence enough who is the greater of the two.
You can say that fans of the one are cockier so they say stuff like that, or you can straight out lie and say that you thought I was talking about the other guy.
But you can't escape the truth. You've all thought of the same guy. No matter what you say. We all know it. He's the greatest.

And I'm not naming him, because I know that it's not necessary. This debate was never really a debate and, deep down, you all know it.

Yes, not anyone can score tap ins, and penalties.

i didnt say anything about stats. it was about the playing style. villa and pedro both offered so much more. it's no wonder they were much more dominant in the way they played and were able to play tiki-taka to its fullest.

>eto'o is an alpha male

no, he's just lazy. same as ibrahimović. they think they're bigger than the system.

no one said they lacked ability

Apparently Messi "the GOAT" struggles to score those easy penalties LMAO

there's literally no debate here. just watch the fucking games. ronaldo is just a goalscorer. it's like comparing kane to messi

jej
croatian logic.

Argentina was 5th favorite in 2010 and 2nd favorite in 2014.
lost a quarterfinal in 2010 because Maradona and a final in 2014.
"absolutely nobody with any football knowledge" were kind of spot on, dont you think?

>attack doesnt matter
now compare DiMaria and Dybala with Joao Mario and Danilo Pereira. retard.

you dumb fuck we were talking about the 2009 season fuck off already.

>Argentina is/was top5 favorite to win the wc in 2010, 2014, 2018.
Because they had the fucking best player in the world on their team

>>Portugal options for CF: Eder, Nelson Oliveira
I believe Invicta's Brave Gonçalo Paciência can still make it. Let us hope.

yeah they never were favorites before messi, they were in fact one of the least succesful squads in the history of the WC

*this desu

and ofcourse Messi choked when it mattered, we already settled this.

M-...mu-muh penalties....

youtube.com/watch?v=F8X_Lve0Bfc

why so mad? Can't argue facts.

poo in loo

incredible, the man that can't score from open play anymore. You must consider Beckham or Juninho the GOATs right?

>argentina was a 5th favourite

they were proclaimed favourites because they were stacked on paper. which doesn't always translate to quality and results. they were a shit team with major holes.

they overachieved in 2014, guess who was the reason for that?
certainly not fucking di maria as the meme goes, because they guy finished the best season of his career just a month before that and couldn't do shit for argentina. moved significantly slower and had a poorer touch.

if only people actually watched games instead of going to trollfootball and take their knowledge from indians and arabs in the comment section

The trouble is he's too good at penalties so it's hard for him to decide where to put it

>messi scores freekicks for fun
>he can't score from open play anymore!

>ronaldo scores a freekick
>look at how well rounded he is!

beckham and juninho couldn't do half of what messi does on the pitch regularly.

it's also a lot easier to score when you just camp in the box for marcelo and carvajal crosses.

it's literally not a fucking debate. just stop having these debates every fucking day. it's embarrassing.

ronaldo is NOWHERE near messi's skill level.

>ronaldo scores a freekick

It's not 2008 anymore

Suppose this for a moment. If you had watched every game for both players over the last 10 years and you had no access to stats or any meaningful data other than what you saw empirically, there is only one choice.....and frankly, it's not even really that close.

nigga not the guy you're replying to but Etoo can't be considered lazy by any reasonable metric. his work rate was insane. now Ibra on the other hand...

I agree that he had a huge ego too, and I'm pretty sure that's why Poop got rid of him. maybe he thought he would clash with Messi at some point and he was probably right

>everyone's 2nd favorite in 2014
>actually reaches the final
>LOL JUST A COINCIDENCE BRO
nigger please

this is the thing about messishiters and that's why we will always have debates. There isn't a single Madridista or Ronaldo fan that doesn't recognize Messi's quality as a player but 75% of Barça/messifags won't ever recognize that Ronnie is also one of the GOATs. In fact they think he's a shit player. So regardless of your stance on the debate, it's needed until one side at least recognizes the merits of the other side

that's not true. I'm a Messi fan, and I also acknowledge that Ronaldo is God Tier as well. But for me....it's Messi.

>thought he was bigger than the system
>mou tells him to play on the right for inter
>eto'o does so

list me some of the reasons why you consider argentina to be a favorite in those WCs, if you say that there were others except for messi

Irrelevant. Ronaldo didnt even get the chance to choke in a final.

>Etoo
>lazy
he carried Barcelona you dumb fuck, especially in 2006 CL. fuck off with these unmeasurable "Pedro offered much more" stats, Pedro was above average because he had the best spanish generation next to him and also Guardiola didnt hate him like he did with Etoo.

include yourself in the 25%. Most barçafags won't ever concede a single bit of merit to Ronaldo. In fact, they get offended for even suggesting that Maradona or Pelé were as good as Messi. Messi is a religion for them, they're the islam of football and Messi is the prophet.

Just have a casual talk with any spanish culé and you'll get the impression that Ronaldo is the worst player ever and all his accolades are down to luck

>Ronaldo didnt even get the chance to choke in a final.
because Portugal wasn't as stacked as Argentina.
you're just proving my point over and over.

>Carrying team to the finals and then losing to Germany or Chile
This Lebron analogy starts to flesh out
also 5 to 3 rings for Kobe. Tsu confirmed goat. A

Reigning European Champion Portugal?

>getting to the final of the euro and having your team win without you
is doing something
>getting to the final of the WC and losing
is not doing something

No player can improve to the level of Cristiano Ronaldo just working hard. He's naturally gifted, technically and physically.